Download slows to a very slow speed and stops every few seconds

Discus and support Download slows to a very slow speed and stops every few seconds in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; In the past couple of days I've been trying to install Ark: Survival Evolved on the Microsoft Store, but my download speed will start decreasing... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Micah Odom, May 27, 2023.

1. Micah Odom
    Micah Odom Guest

In the past couple of days I've been trying to install Ark: Survival Evolved on the Microsoft Store, but my download speed will start decreasing rapidly and eventually it will stop the download and give error code 0x80073CF9. I am installing it onto a clean 1TB USB drive set to NTFS, and my internet speed is fine (~40Mbps Download and ~45 Mbps Upload). I am using a Windows 10 Computer with an NVIDIA Graphics card.

:)

Micah Odom, May 27, 2023
  2. Christian Quinto Win User

Hey there!

Nice to meet you! My name is Christian, an independent advisor. I'm here to help you out.

Let's try a few troubleshooting steps.

First, try the troubleshooting steps listed on this link.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/fix...

Now if the problem persists try the one on this link.

https://techloris.com/0x80073cf9/

(The link is in English)

Note/Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Christian.
  3. NiKKhil Win User

Why microsoft is not fixing this issue

Sir I have internet connection speed of 300mbps and when I checked my internet speed it is 300mbps and i have totall 4 connection also when I use same internet for my ps4 it download fine there is no issue with internet speed I checked on social media in this week thousands of people are giving this same complaint on youtube comment section sir when we start download it start downloading but after few minutes it's speed slow down and then it stop downloading after few more minutes it's start downloading but with very slow speed than it stop again I was not facing this issue few month ago I am running my business I am running my gaming zone in India I have set 4 series s their and every xbox facing same problem
  4. Tg Tomahawk Win User

Very Slow Download Speeds

I have this too, I'm downloading GTA San Andreas an I'm at 16% in 3 hours I think it's because I'm downloading it to a hard drive. But when I try to change the storage unit it won't work.
  5. Sl0wm0D Win User

Very Slow Download Speeds

King John I noticed similar speed issues today when downloading some of the newier DLC for Borderlands 2 (Psycho Bandit, Compatibility Pack & Assault on Dragon Keep). I have a 50Mbp/s down & 5Mbp/s up connection & a TP-Link Gigabit router with LAN connections
    to my PC as well as XBOX360. All ports are opened properly, I have my Xbox360 in the DMZ & no other downloads/uploads taking place. I did separate tests on my PC & XBOX360 from the site
    http://SpeedOf.Me as that does speed test through HTML5 so you can use it on the XBOX360 IE verison. My PC speed results were 56.9Mb/s (d/l) & 5.38Mb/s (u/l) now my XBOX360 speed results were 1.45Mb/s (d/l) &
    3.18Mb/s(u/l). I tested my XBOX360 results again & they were 1.51Mb/s (d/l) & 3.21Mb/s (u/l). THIS IS ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE as I know I was getting better speeds on LIVE when I had my 15Mbp/s (d/l) & 1.5Mbp/s (u/l) though I never knew about the SpeedOf.Me
    site to do testing prior to upgrading. How I know though is my friend had a 50Mbp/s connection with Comcast & when we would d/l DLC I would always d/l faster than him. Hope this helps & MICROSOFT PLEASE FIX THIS AS ITS HORRIBLE PAYING FOR A GOLD MEMBERSHIP
    BUT BEING SEVERELY RESTRICTED ON BANDWIDTH THROUGH LIVE!!!
  6. Mister Beep Win User

Very slow downloading speed

Hey radink360!

Definitely go ahead and give Malacath's suggestion a shot. Since this thread is older, please post a new thread detailing the issue you're experiencing if it continues. That way awesome folks in our community like Malacath and provide support tailored to
    you. Thanks! :)
Thema:

1. Download slows to a very slow speed and stops every few seconds - Similar Threads - Download slows very

2. Slow download

in XBoX on Consoles
    Slow download: Why are downloading updates so slow when Internet connection is 400mb + 31026a73-8e97-4f3e-86ae-78c1849ce75c
  3. my lenovo 4050 gaming laptop downloads pc xbox games slow, and i have 200 Mbps with...

in XBoX on Consoles
    my lenovo 4050 gaming laptop downloads pc xbox games slow, and i have 200 Mbps with...: my lenovo 4050 gaming laptop downloads pc xbox games slow, and i have 200 Mbps with Ethernet, any way to speed up downloads? ef9629da-cc41-4ce3-b364-d34ae574bd3c
  4. Xbox Series S download speed slow, but other devices fast.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S download speed slow, but other devices fast.: So I've looked for answers everywhere on this subject and none so far have been satisfactory. I currently have my Xbox Series S connected through WiFi to my router. My phone in the exact same...
  5. Extremely Slow Download speeds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Extremely Slow Download speeds: I have a Xbox series s and out of the blue It started having incredibly slow download speeds. I have already tested the ports and checked the internet speeds and even factory reset my Xbox. It...
  6. why is my xbox app downloading so slow?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why is my xbox app downloading so slow?: It appears that the Microsoft store is limiting my downloads speeds on the Xbox app and the EA app. Any help?? 947a66a5-5c27-40e9-80a9-9c4061330229
  7. Microsoft Xbox games download is VERY VERY SLOW

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft Xbox games download is VERY VERY SLOW: XBOX App for win10/11 still downloading slow ******* I have tried the following fixes: ************ Uninstall the Xbox app through App Settings 1. Open the Settings on your computer by...
  8. Microsoft Xbox games download is VERY VERY SLOW

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft Xbox games download is VERY VERY SLOW: Hello, I'm trying to download some games I bought via the Xbox application but the download is really slow. I have a 1GB/s fiber connection, I've checked all the settings and everything is...
  9. very slow download speed - xbox app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    very slow download speed - xbox app: just awful, i have tried every single suggestion on the forums nothing helped, i'm never buying anything XBOX or GAME PASS ever again. i got high end pc, router 300mb, every available update,...
  10. Xbox suddenly doesn't download, open apps and is very slow

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox suddenly doesn't download, open apps and is very slow: So ive tried hard reset and even did a factory reset last night, I was able to download one game from that but this morning it's exactly back to how it was... All downloads just sit in queue and...