Download rate/speed on xbox 360

Discus and support Download rate/speed on xbox 360 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Is there a way to see the speed of a download (ie: megabytes per second) on the 360 while a game is downloading? Thx 5d87bfd6-01e0-4d4c-8662-b31ce95ceb38 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Lost Art1fact, Jan 4, 2018.

1. Download rate/speed on xbox 360

Is there a way to see the speed of a download (ie: megabytes per second) on the 360 while a game is downloading? Thx

:)

Lost Art1fact, Jan 4, 2018
  2. Will Xbox Live Downloading on the Xbox One be faster?

It doesn't have to do with the processor the consoles have, it's more to do with the Xbox Live server upload rate and your download rate. The servers can only accommodate up to a certain download speed on your end, which is the reason for a few complaints
    from fibre optic subscribers who don't appear to get the speed they're paying for with some downloads on some occasions. With the server increase on Xbox Live in preparation for the Xbox One, I'd bet the upload speeds across the board will accommodate higher
    download speeds from users.

Mad Cow Dizease, Jan 4, 2018
  3. njalvino
    njalvino Guest
    Very Slow Download Speeds

personally i have Verizon fios 85/35 package. xbox live downloads are terribly slow for me.

Speedof.me

Download Speed: 55.24 Mb/s

Upload Speed: 30.12 Mb/s

speedtest.net

Download Speed: 84188 kbps (10523.5 KB/sec transfer rate) (84 Mb/s)

Upload Speed: 27346 kbps (3418.3 KB/sec transfer rate) (34 Mb/s)

Latency: 45 ms

yet. on xbox i am lucky to see 2Mb/s down & 1mb/s up. Its absolutyely garbage. It will take me forever to download this 16GB Grand Theft Auto 5 right now..

Step it up Micro$oft.

njalvino, Jan 4, 2018
  4. Mad Cow Dizease Win User

Will Xbox Live Downloading on the Xbox One be faster?

It doesn't have to do with the processor the consoles have, it's more to do with the Xbox Live server upload rate and your download rate. The servers can only accommodate up to a certain download speed on your end, which is the reason for a few complaints
    from fibre optic subscribers who don't appear to get the speed they're paying for with some downloads on some occasions. With the server increase on Xbox Live in preparation for the Xbox One, I'd bet the upload speeds across the board will accommodate higher
    download speeds from users.
  5. XenoCatastrophe Win User

getting disconnected when starting a game

alright, i used Speakeasy speed test and these were the results:

Download Speed: 11146 kbps (1393.3 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 4864 kbps (608 KB/sec transfer rate)

i'm not sure if this is considered slow or not?

as for repairs, i've had this xbox for less than 6 months, i hope i dont have to take it in already.
  6. d3monkid12 Win User

Download speeds

I think, figure showing you is average number of downloaded file divided by time. it may not real time speed.
    You're an ambassador? I was for a while as well. While downloading something on the xbox the rate it's showing is exactly what rate it's downloading at not the number of downloaded files. Thanks though
  7. Mister Cerb Win User

My God.. XBL is Slow.

Hey there Reaper!

The hangup here is that your download speed at home is faster than the download speed of your Xbox 360 console. Stay tuned for more information on the Xbox One console and the download speeds that will be offered! ^_^
  8. Farscape247 Win User

Slow internet equals sadness -_-

but the thing with the downloads on xbox live is the game comes down unpacked, the more files there are the slower the transfer speed and games can contain thousands of small files which will go to crawl speeds, if it was one large file then the download
    speed would stabalise at a faster rate, they should just download a zipped up package then unpack locally which would reduce download times and reduce data usage.
Thema:

Download rate/speed on xbox 360

1. Download rate/speed on xbox 360 - Similar Threads - Download rate speed

2. Issue downloading MW3

in XBoX on Consoles
    Issue downloading MW3: I have the xbox one S. I have a 180 hz monitor. I've changed the settings to 120 hz on the xbox. However, it won't let me download the call of duty X/S version. It keeps downloading the basic call...
  3. I can't download my game profile

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't download my game profile: [mod removed - personal information] c4b138f6-d0ab-451c-9970-59a1697eca6c
  4. Download speed is 1016mbps and upload speed is 105 Mbps. However my latency is 102ms. My...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Download speed is 1016mbps and upload speed is 105 Mbps. However my latency is 102ms. My...: I tried alternate port selection. Nothing seems to improve it. 36611448-3944-4cb1-872d-53a02a4ea9d3
  5. Shahid App download

in XBoX on Windows
    Shahid App download: I'm trying to download a very well-known app called Shahid for entertainment purposes and Can't find it in Microsoft store!!!! If it's not available, could you please add it to the store, so I can...
  6. Minecraft™ won't download on my Nintendo Switch console

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft™ won't download on my Nintendo Switch console: I just never had this problem until weeks ago and it still is happening today. I just can't download Minecraft because "there is an error on the download or there is corrupted data". I tried...
  7. if my gamepass expires will i be able to play games once downloaded

in XBoX Accessibility
    if my gamepass expires will i be able to play games once downloaded: if my gamepass expires will i be able to play games once downloaded d7e7c536-caa7-4db3-8ffa-708f64cb503b
  8. Issues with downloading Xbox from Windows Store

in XBoX on Consoles
    Issues with downloading Xbox from Windows Store: New Microsoft laptop running windows 11 s mode. Came preinstalled with x box. Xbox app showed a game pass screen upon opening app. would not respond to tapping the button to sign in and claim....
  9. I sense throttling of download/upload connectivity rate

in XBoX on Consoles
    I sense throttling of download/upload connectivity rate: To Microsoft Xbox, My name is Charles. I have been an xbox paid user since 2008. I would like to point out that for the past few weeks, especially during COVID-19, that my direct connection to...
  10. High download rate, nothing happening in the store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    High download rate, nothing happening in the store: According to task manager, I am downloading at almost 200 mbps. Store is stuck at 300 MB. Wat? Someone else experiencing this? f627026b-ec24-4e54-ba62-327e564fb522