Download issues (can't read disk)

Discus and support Download issues (can't read disk) in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I recently purchased Dirt 3 from the marketplace. It works fine with just about every aspect but certain levels cause the game to bring up a "can't... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ComplicatedFate, Feb 22, 2014.

1. Download issues (can't read disk)

I recently purchased Dirt 3 from the marketplace. It works fine with just about every aspect but certain levels cause the game to bring up a "can't read disk error" and force close the game. Because of this I can no longer progress through the Dirt Tour.

Does anybody know how to stop this from happening? I've deleted the game and downloaded it once already and it allowed me to go one extra race. I've also cleared the cache and restarted my Xbox twice.

Thanks for help in advance.

:)

ComplicatedFate, Feb 22, 2014
  2. sc_shark
    sc_shark Guest
    Gamestop Season Pass Code Not Working

their customer service is top notch imo.

ive bought used systems that had issues in first month gamestop always to care of me. had a disk with a read error swapped with a new one.

their was a email i got about digital download for games... this will be intresting how it works if it is tru.

sc_shark, Feb 22, 2014
  3. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest
    Disk Read Issues

Which console do you have? The original FAT or the 360 Slim? Also, is it an official xbox 360 hard drive? If it is not an official 360 drive the original games will not work.

onyxishere, Feb 22, 2014
  4. GreyPilgrim-CE541714 Win User

Disk Can't be read

5. heitz18 Win User

Skyim Infinite Load -- No suggestions have worked!

I try downloading it to my harddrive (I have the disk) and the install says disk error at 99%. This isn't a scratch or disk issue because I have read that others who have tried this get the same error.
  6. Nursemorph Win User

Disk reading issues

Well, according to Microsoft:

"Game discs for the Xbox console are not coded to regions"

So, on that basis, game discs from another region shouldn't make a difference (it would be different if they were movie discs)

If the drive is simply not recognising there is a disc inserted, then it may be the particular laser diode thingy is malfunctioning....the Xbox has 2 diodes: One for reading DVD discs and one for reading Blu-Ray discs. If the games are Blu-Ray discs, try playing a Blu-Ray movie disc (if you have one to hand)...if it plays fine, then the Laser Diode is working and it's something else
  7. Nursemorph Win User

Disk reading issues

Have had a quick look at my 3 disc games (one Xbox One, 2 Xbox 360) and, yes, the XB1 disc has 2 rings there.

However, on the picture side of the disc, there is a silver ring around the hole...on Xbox 360 games, you will see XBox 360 in the Silver area or Xbox One depending on the platform
  8. stephaniedavenport1 Win User

Disk reading issues

Just to add these discs are xbox one games to all have difrent some have the 2 ring codes and some have 1 ring barcodes and the ones that have the 1 barcodes don't work but are definitely xbox one games and a lot are bought from shop as have just gone through massive collection of games and found more that do not work that I have not played in a while.
Thema:

Download issues (can't read disk)

1. Download issues (can't read disk) - Similar Threads - Download issues can't

2. Download speed issues...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Download speed issues...: I have a 1gb connection, wired to my Xbox x and I usually get 200-400mbps download. Lately I have only been getting 70mbps and lower, doesn't matter what time I try, morning, day, middle of the...
  3. Why am I having issues with downloading and connectivity despite being connected to the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why am I having issues with downloading and connectivity despite being connected to the...: For a bit of context this issue has been going on for the last few days. My series X is connected to the internet with an Ethernet cord. I have run all of the network tests and they all show that...
  4. Microsoft store download / install issue, need some help

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft store download / install issue, need some help: Hello microsoft community! I need some help, just what the title says. I want to install minecraft or minecraft launcher on windows 10/11 pc. I already have a minecraft account. However the...
  5. Issue downloading MW3

in XBoX on Consoles
    Issue downloading MW3: I have the xbox one S. I have a 180 hz monitor. I've changed the settings to 120 hz on the xbox. However, it won't let me download the call of duty X/S version. It keeps downloading the basic call...
  6. Issues with downloading Xbox from Windows Store

in XBoX on Consoles
    Issues with downloading Xbox from Windows Store: New Microsoft laptop running windows 11 s mode. Came preinstalled with x box. Xbox app showed a game pass screen upon opening app. would not respond to tapping the button to sign in and claim....
  7. I can't download one specific game, it's the only one with this issue.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't download one specific game, it's the only one with this issue.: I've been trying to download Rainbow Six Siege from the PC game pass for weeks now, but with no luck. The "Install" button will switch between having a globe/internet symbol next to the word...
  8. Working fix for Xbox 360 Profile Download issue on Xbox One "Can't connect to Xbox Live"...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Working fix for Xbox 360 Profile Download issue on Xbox One "Can't connect to Xbox Live"...: This should work for almost every single case where you cannot download your Xbox 360 Profile. First of all I have more or less figured out that this is due to an IPv6 issue with the 360 File...
  9. Another issue of can't download 360 profile due to no connection. What's the deal with this?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Another issue of can't download 360 profile due to no connection. What's the deal with this?: Series X will not allow 360 profile download, I am at my wits end. We upgraded to the series X for it's renowned supposed compatibility so we could maintain playability of our COD Zombie...
  10. can't download games to hard drive on xbox gamepass, ran into weird issue with the h drive...

in XBoX on Consoles
    can't download games to hard drive on xbox gamepass, ran into weird issue with the h drive...: so when i tried to download games to my h drive it would never let me, and nothing i found on here or anywhere else would help, and when i was messing around trying to find a solution, i went to...