Download games and updates onto external HDD through PC for install on console later

Discus and support Download games and updates onto external HDD through PC for install on console later in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have really crappy internet at home and only 10 gb of data to use per month. Is there any way that I could bring an external HDD to work to download... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Seeld, Dec 13, 2019.

1. Seeld
    Seeld Guest

Download games and updates onto external HDD through PC for install on console later

I have really crappy internet at home and only 10 gb of data to use per month. Is there any way that I could bring an external HDD to work to download content through my PC and then run the content once I hook the HDD back up to my console at home? I always
    play games in offline mode but it's annoying to have to physically move my console to someone else's house for 24 hours to update every so often.

:)

Seeld, Dec 13, 2019
  2. XBF Brad A Win User

Hi Seeld,

As the question has been answered, I will go ahead and lock this thread as to prevent repetitive answers. Feel free to come back anytime if you have a question or issue.

Thanks,

Brad
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

Hi,

No sorry, this isn't possible. Games and updates for Xbox One can only be downloaded on an Xbox console. This is to prevent piracy and the console being modified by unauthorised software.
  4. H3PA80R Win User

Not enough space

Also check in the settings, that your external hdd is set up as main drive for installing new content. If a game which is on the internal hdd need an update you could move the game to the external drive. Than your console should be able to download new
    updates. Hope that helps.
  5. Skeeter Quill Win User

Fallout 4 won't install on my console!!!! :/

It's a puzzler. If you have an external HDD and it installed fine on your friends console, you can copy it onto your external HDD from your friends console and you should be able to play it from there.
  6. napalm 31337 Win User

Updating Installed Games on an External Hard Drive for Xbox One

Hi Nessa for Life, sorry but you can't download games/updated for Xbox One with a PC on an external HDD, you must use your console.
Thema:

1. Download games and updates onto external HDD through PC for install on console later - Similar Threads - Download games updates

2. Games on my XboxOne do not download nor update and I get this explanation error code...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Games on my XboxOne do not download nor update and I get this explanation error code...: After relocating from the UK to Singapore my Xbox does not want to upload games from my Library, I cannot update games and I cannot play online. When testing my internet on the Xbox is shows...
  3. Game update won't download!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game update won't download!: My update won't download despite console pulling in date. It's pulling about 300 mb an hour but none of that is going to the update! Please help, I had a longer description but it wouldn't submit....
  4. Why won’t it let me download the game on Xbox store when I haven’t updated the game but...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won’t it let me download the game on Xbox store when I haven’t updated the game but...: I’m having trouble with downloading a game on disc and I tried buying it in the Xbox store but cannot because it says “u own this already” 84debe74-dbae-4e50-a944-bb68cd205219
  5. xbox app pc won't update and gamepass games slow download speed

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox app pc won't update and gamepass games slow download speed: I recently remembered that game pass carries over to my pc as well so i attempted to download a gamepass game, state of decay 2. As i type this out, the download speed hasn't reached over 1 MB/s...
  6. Hi guys I have a problem with some games that I want to download or update giving me an...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hi guys I have a problem with some games that I want to download or update giving me an...: I have a problem with downloading and updating several games that I can not download or update them gives me an error with the code 0x87e0012c 58d55dd6-5aaa-494e-973a-5ea8e0e613f5
  7. Update is downloading the whole game again

in XboX Insiders
    Update is downloading the whole game again: For the second time in a month I've been prompt to update Call of Duty on my Xbox Series X. Once the update starts it give me a 204.51GB download which is the entire game, even though everything...
  8. My xbox one is updating a game (COD) and the download speed is 2.99 mbps. When I speedtest...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one is updating a game (COD) and the download speed is 2.99 mbps. When I speedtest...: I posted my question and pretty much said it all. It is hard-wired through a switch or two BUT the speed-test desktop is hardwired the exact same way (they are next to each other) and I do not...
  9. Xbox app/game installation/updates don't download or stay stuck.(Latest Beta update)

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox app/game installation/updates don't download or stay stuck.(Latest Beta update): I wanted find out if anyone else is dealing with this issue. I swear this wasn't a issue with the previous update. Or is this a complete Xbox issue entirely, not exclusive to the insider program?...
  10. Downloading apps/game updates from Microsoft Store/xbox app at ~120kbps

in XBoX on Consoles
    Downloading apps/game updates from Microsoft Store/xbox app at ~120kbps: Hello, Lately, I wanted to play Forza Horizon 5 but I had to update the game, I couldn't because I had to update the whole xbox app (bar and others) in the Microsoft Store which took like an...