Download blocked with double NAT on Series S

Discus and support Download blocked with double NAT on Series S in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My question is, can microsoft confirm that it blocks game downloads on double NAT & NAT Type strict? I tried connecting my mobile Hotspot with NAT... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Chirag_P, Mar 5, 2022.

  1. Chirag_P
    Chirag_P Guest

    Download blocked with double NAT on Series S


    My question is, can microsoft confirm that it blocks game downloads on double NAT & NAT Type strict?

    I tried connecting my mobile Hotspot with NAT open and single NAT, game download resumes. But I cannot use mobile Hotspot to download as it's quite slow.

    :)
     
    Chirag_P, Mar 5, 2022
    #1
  2. Chirag_P Win User

    Download blocked with double NAT on Series S

    For testing, I tried routing Xbox network traffic over VPN via my laptop and downloads were working fine. I have not reset my console yet, still doesn't explain what's blocking the download.

    If reset was the culprit it shouldn't have worked over VPN either...

    Funny thing is, over VPN NAT is moderate, UPnP unsuccessful yet downloads works and direct network connection NAT open doesn't work... 😂
  3. Chirag_P Win User

    Download blocked with double NAT on Series S

    Hi, thanks for the info. I have tried those steps multiple times and is a frequently suggested steps to perform. But this has not solved the issue.

    What's next? I am unable download games on my new series s even though I have paid for Xbox ultimate pass...
  4. Chirag_P Win User

    Download blocked with double NAT on Series S

    Worked with my ISP to unblock all ports. And I have personally verified all the ports listed on Xbox support.

    But download still stalls after roughly 10 GB.

    Now I strongly believe something is definitely wrong with Xbox software. Any way to get the system logs to verify...
  5. Chirag_P Win User

    Download blocked with double NAT on Series S

    Yes. I have notified my ISP about this finding. As a computer engineer, I am curious about the root cause. Any ideas or checks that I can try?
  6. Chirag_P Win User

    Download blocked with double NAT on Series S

    I worked with my ISP to resolve Double NAT and setup port forwarding. Now, on my Xbox series s, it shows NAT Type open, all the tests are successful, does not show any issues.

    Question now remains, why does not the download happen?. Before you suggest power cycles and restarts, already tried those. No luck.
Thema:

Download blocked with double NAT on Series S

Loading...
  1. Download blocked with double NAT on Series S - Similar Threads - Download blocked double

  2. Beta preview Downloading games/updating

    in XboX Insiders
    Beta preview Downloading games/updating: I’m on the beta preview I was wondering/curious before I report anything. Is anybody else having issues that started about a month ago, when downloading or updating games, it will be downloading...
  3. To this day I am still unable to download the xbox insider hub, it just gets stuck at 0%...

    in XboX Insiders
    To this day I am still unable to download the xbox insider hub, it just gets stuck at 0%...: Ive tried Restarting my console Downloading the bundle instead of the independent app Downloading something else first submitted by /u/Uneasiermoon [link] [comments]
  4. My downloads haven't been working since yesterday

    in XboX Insiders
    My downloads haven't been working since yesterday: Speed test is pulling over a 1gb, games are downloading for like 30mbps for a bit and then just hanging. I came home today and saw only 2 games updated. One got kb in it before switching....
  5. Has anybody tried out the new download speed update? (Alpha/Skip-Ahead)

    in XboX Insiders
    Has anybody tried out the new download speed update? (Alpha/Skip-Ahead): It certainly feels alot more stable. I know alot of it is at play with just the broadband provider alone, but before the update id start at a strong 800Mbps and drop to 400-500 for the rest of the...
  6. I Can't download The Saboteur from the gamepass library

    in XboX Insiders
    I Can't download The Saboteur from the gamepass library: I really wanted to play the saboteur but I could not because gamepass can't download it is there a solution or is this game just unplayable in 2026 submitted by /u/Cautious-Piano-9739 [link]...
  7. Issue with 360 games not showing up.in download history

    in XboX Insiders
    Issue with 360 games not showing up.in download history: I recently bought the sonic legacy collection on my series x and all the games in this bundle are on the xbox 360 so I went to download them and they just weren't listed in my download history. I...
  8. Games Download blocked on xbox app

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Games Download blocked on xbox app: Hello, Installation/Download of games are completely blocked on my Xbox app. I've lauched the download of Crusader Kings III last night and it's blocked at "1% - 0 o/s" and it's impossible to...
  9. block game updates for my microsoft family or set download limit per month.

    in XBoX on Consoles
    block game updates for my microsoft family or set download limit per month.: How can I block updates for installed games for members in my Microsoft family? we have a limited amount of internet per month, and my kids do updates to my installed games and waste all our...
  10. Can you block the ability to download internet apps?

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can you block the ability to download internet apps?: How do you completely block the downloading of any apps you don't want on your XBOX? Or at least require the parental passcode for permission to download? 1f9888c5-7555-4e97-9e82-fdf7d454c756