Downgrading from Game Pass Ultimate back to standard Xbox Live might lose 20 year profile Badge

Discus and support Downgrading from Game Pass Ultimate back to standard Xbox Live might lose 20 year profile Badge in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I've had Game Pass ultimate since it came out and love the service but I haven't had the time lately to justify the cost per month for it and wanted to... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by ZEO CMF, Jan 28, 2023.

1. ZEO CMF
    ZEO CMF Guest

Downgrading from Game Pass Ultimate back to standard Xbox Live might lose 20 year profile Badge

I've had Game Pass ultimate since it came out and love the service but I haven't had the time lately to justify the cost per month for it and wanted to downgrade back to standard Xbox Live. I purchased a a 12 month Xbox Live Gold card and went to redeem it and it wants to convert it to 4 months of Gamepass, my subscription ends in a week and I can redeem it after it expires to redeem for the full 12 months.

The problem is, my account is from the Beta and I have had an active account for 20 years and currently have the 20 year Badge on my profile that I do not want to lose if I let my account expire to downgrade.

So far I've asked two different agents and got different answers

One replied saying it would go away if my account expires. -

"Greetings,

I have checked the issue with the gaming expert. Unfortunately, According to resources once the subscription is canceled, the badge will go normally away because membership status resets with the new sub added. You will need to let the game pass ultimate subscription expire to switch back to xbox live gold. Thank you for your understanding."

Another said there's a grace period as long as I use my card right away -

"Thank you for your patience I investigated the issue further. I have some great news You will be able to redeem the Xbox Live Gold code once the Game Pass Ultimate has ended, you will not lose your badge

There is a small grace period of 1-2 days So as long as you redeem the code right after the Game Pass Ultimate has ended, you will be good to go "

Downgrading from Game Pass Ultimate back to standard Xbox Live might lose 20 year profile Badge [​IMG]

Downgrading from Game Pass Ultimate back to standard Xbox Live might lose 20 year profile Badge [​IMG]

:)

ZEO CMF, Jan 28, 2023
  2. Tezzerrific Win User

let it expire then resub, your status is the total amount of time subscribed, if you stop subbing and start again nothing will change, if you stopped for a year then subbed again you would still be on 20. when you let it expire and resub it may vanish but it will re appear again with the same number but it can vanish for a an hour or a day or even a month but will not change and will return, i have done it many times, i too would be on 20 if i didnt stop subbing but i am on 14.
  3. zl DiviNe lz Win User

Xbox Game Pass Ultimate Downgrade not possible?

According to the Amazon website, there is a possibility to downgrade, just wait for the subscription time to end. "Downgrading? After you've upgraded, you can still redeem Live Gold and Game Pass Console
    codes towards the value of an Ultimate month. To downgrade, just wait for your Ultimate plan to end and re-join."

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Xbox-Game-Pass-Ultimate-Months/dp/B07S97D11H
  4. AridLizard Win User

About game pass ultimate.

the upgrade from Xbox Game Pass to Game Pass Ultimate combines Game Pass with Xbox Live Gold, that is why Game Pass Ultimate costs more than standard Game Pass, and the combined cost is cheaper than having Live Gold and Game Pass as separate subscriptions
  5. ShmupPlayr71 Win User

Xbox game pass purchasing question

so from my understanding If I got purchased 3 years of xbox live gold,say even if I purchased these via 3rd party online seller which sells xbox gold cards and then redeemed these cards via my xbox one giving me years of gold then went and subbed to xbox
    game pass ultimate for the 31 offer it'll give me 3 years of game pass ultimate subscribtion?.If I remove my card details afterwards I sub to game pass it wont lose the game pass after a month and go back down to regular xbox live gold membership for the rest
    of the 3 years?..
  6. StuartATrueRed Win User

Change subscription

Also, if you purchase Game Pass first, then it would be converted to Ultimate and if you cancel ultimate, you would lose your Game Pass subscription. So if you do cancel Ultimate, do it first before you downgrade to just Game Pass.

Which subscription are you downgrading to, is it Xbox Game Pass, PC Game Pass, or Game Pass Core?

If Game Pass Core, you will only have access to just over 30 games that are part of the Game Pass catalogue, and online multiplayer.

If Xbox Game Pass, you will have access to all the Game Pass games on the Xbox Console, and no online multiplayer.

If PC Game Pass, then you will have access to all the Game Pass games on the PC including EA Play, and online multiplayer.
Thema:

1. Downgrading from Game Pass Ultimate back to standard Xbox Live might lose 20 year profile Badge - Similar Threads - Downgrading Game Pass

2. Is it physically possible to downgrade your xbox 360 dash?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it physically possible to downgrade your xbox 360 dash?: Is it possible to downgrade your dashboard on xbox 360? I could install a mod chip for RGH, but im just wondering if its possible to access update logs on metro, and downgrade from there. Ive...
  3. Xbox 360 Dashboard Downgrade Idea For Nostalgia Purposes

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox 360 Dashboard Downgrade Idea For Nostalgia Purposes: So I have an Idea where Microsoft could make it where we could go back & visit the older Xbox 360 dashboards like the Blades/NXE/Kinect Dashboard for nostalgia purposes they should try to make an...
  4. Can I downgrade an account to child.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I downgrade an account to child.: A friend of mine has an Xbox Series S. When she originally set it up she set up her oldest child Aged 9 as the normal account and her youngest child aged 7 as the child account. They have since...
  5. Can we raise awareness so that they let us downgrade game bar versions?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can we raise awareness so that they let us downgrade game bar versions?: Im currently faced with an issue regarding Xbox Game Bar on PC and that problem is that I can no longer change accounts on it with the new update by just looking at how it works you can only...
  6. Why does the game downgrade from Xbox X to Xbox One

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does the game downgrade from Xbox X to Xbox One: I own an Xbox X and my daughter has the Xbox One. I have shared games with her without any issue until we downloaded mw2 and now also mw3. The graphics are perfect on mine but are terrible and...
  7. Can't access Xbox Game Pass after downgrading

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't access Xbox Game Pass after downgrading: I used to have Game Pass Ultimate for PC & Xbox but downgraded to just Xbox Game Pass. When I try to access Game Pass or Xbox Live Gold games on my console it asks me if I want to subscribe to...
  8. Why is downgrading the minecraft bedrock version is not an option on the minecraft launcher

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is downgrading the minecraft bedrock version is not an option on the minecraft launcher: On the minecraft launcher downloaded from microsoft store, there is an option to downgrade java edition but not for bedrock, why is that so? And if lets say the minecraft bedrock version can be...
  9. My RDR2 game has been downgraded from "ultimate edition" to the normal edition after buying...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My RDR2 game has been downgraded from "ultimate edition" to the normal edition after buying...: So my Xbox one finally gave up after 9 years of service. Bought a new Series X, and installed my RDR2 game but suddenly I noticed that the extra items from the "ultimate edition" was gone. In the...
  10. I downgraded my game pass account from ultimate now my modern warfare 2 doesn’t work

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I downgraded my game pass account from ultimate now my modern warfare 2 doesn’t work: I recently downgraded from 15$ a month to the 9.99 plan. I go to play modern warfare 2 multiplayer and I am prompted to upgrade back to game pass ultimate and can no longer play multiplayer....