Downgrade "xbox game pass ultimate" to "xbox game pass gold" not possible

Discus and support Downgrade "xbox game pass ultimate" to "xbox game pass gold" not possible in XBoX Sales and Promo to solve the problem; Hello, we bought an xbox and subscribed to the starter offer xbox game pass ultimate. Since the xbox gold game pass is sufficient for us now, I would... Discussion in 'XBoX Sales and Promo' started by MatthiasFeicht, Jul 27, 2021.

1. Downgrade "xbox game pass ultimate" to "xbox game pass gold" not possible

Hello,

we bought an xbox and subscribed to the starter offer xbox game pass ultimate.

Since the xbox gold game pass is sufficient for us now, I would like to downgrade.

This is what I did:

-> cancel the xbox game pass ultimate

-> try to order xbox Live Gold

https://www.microsoft.com/de-de/p/x...ocket_mylist&activetab=pivot:gamesanddealstab

Downgrade "xbox game pass ultimate" to "xbox game pass gold" not possible [​IMG]

-> I confirmed

Downgrade "xbox game pass ultimate" to "xbox game pass gold" not possible [​IMG]

-> This offer is not available.

Please help.

M.

:)

MatthiasFeicht, Jul 27, 2021
  2. zl DiviNe lz Win User

Xbox Game Pass Ultimate Downgrade not possible?

According to the Amazon website, there is a possibility to downgrade, just wait for the subscription time to end. "Downgrading? After you've upgraded, you can still redeem Live Gold and Game Pass Console
    codes towards the value of an Ultimate month. To downgrade, just wait for your Ultimate plan to end and re-join."

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Xbox-Game-Pass-Ultimate-Months/dp/B07S97D11H
  3. StuartATrueRed Win User

Change subscription

Also, if you purchase Game Pass first, then it would be converted to Ultimate and if you cancel ultimate, you would lose your Game Pass subscription. So if you do cancel Ultimate, do it first before you downgrade to just Game Pass.

Which subscription are you downgrading to, is it Xbox Game Pass, PC Game Pass, or Game Pass Core?

If Game Pass Core, you will only have access to just over 30 games that are part of the Game Pass catalogue, and online multiplayer.

If Xbox Game Pass, you will have access to all the Game Pass games on the Xbox Console, and no online multiplayer.

If PC Game Pass, then you will have access to all the Game Pass games on the PC including EA Play, and online multiplayer.
  4. SVVOVANN Win User

XBOX GAME PASS ULTIMATE

I think this opportunity is temporary. Microsoft can and probably will stop the possibility of exchanging game pass and live gold subscriptions for game pass ultimate, since the price and subscriptions are not the same. Few xbox users will buy a game pass ultimate subscription with the possibility of free exchange for example: live gold on ultimate!
  5. Matt Hinrichsen Win User

I bought six months of gold about 3 months ago and it went away when I activated a game pass code.

If it were Game Pass Ultimate it would come with EA play and Gold anyway but the problem is that I both don't have EA Play or Gold anymore. So I only have Game Pass without EA Play or Xbox Live Gold so it was more of a downgrade than anything. All in all it did not upgrade into Game Pass Ultimate. Because I had 3 - 4 months of Ultimate I can tell the difference and I am missing out on the deals with Gold and the games of the month. Under my subscriptions tab it says that I have Game Pass not Game Pass Ultimate and that my Gold subscription has ran out when I know that my Gold Subscription has not run out. Thank you for the reply.
  6. Nursemorph Win User

Subscription

As above, you exisiting Live Gold gets converted to Ultimate and cannot then be changed back. It means you get the added benefits of GPU (games and whatnot) for the same price as Live Gold as GPU contains LG.

From the GPU page:

"Joining Xbox Game Pass Ultimate automatically upgrades your existing Xbox Live Gold, Xbox Game Pass for Console, Xbox Game Pass for PC, and/or EA Play (purchased through Xbox) memberships."

So, if you had 12 months of Gold, then you should now have 12 months of Ultimate. It cannot then be downgraded back to Live Gold:

"Once converted, you cannot re-convert your Xbox Game Pass Ultimate membership back to a previous membership"

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/gold/upgrade#promotionaloffers

https://www.xbox.com/en-GB/legal/subscription-terms
Thema:

Downgrade "xbox game pass ultimate" to "xbox game pass gold" not possible

1. Downgrade "xbox game pass ultimate" to "xbox game pass gold" not possible - Similar Threads - Downgrade game pass

2. Is it physically possible to downgrade your xbox 360 dash?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it physically possible to downgrade your xbox 360 dash?: Is it possible to downgrade your dashboard on xbox 360? I could install a mod chip for RGH, but im just wondering if its possible to access update logs on metro, and downgrade from there. Ive...
  3. Xbox 360 Dashboard Downgrade Idea For Nostalgia Purposes

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox 360 Dashboard Downgrade Idea For Nostalgia Purposes: So I have an Idea where Microsoft could make it where we could go back & visit the older Xbox 360 dashboards like the Blades/NXE/Kinect Dashboard for nostalgia purposes they should try to make an...
  4. Can I downgrade an account to child.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I downgrade an account to child.: A friend of mine has an Xbox Series S. When she originally set it up she set up her oldest child Aged 9 as the normal account and her youngest child aged 7 as the child account. They have since...
  5. Can we raise awareness so that they let us downgrade game bar versions?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can we raise awareness so that they let us downgrade game bar versions?: Im currently faced with an issue regarding Xbox Game Bar on PC and that problem is that I can no longer change accounts on it with the new update by just looking at how it works you can only...
  6. Why does the game downgrade from Xbox X to Xbox One

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does the game downgrade from Xbox X to Xbox One: I own an Xbox X and my daughter has the Xbox One. I have shared games with her without any issue until we downloaded mw2 and now also mw3. The graphics are perfect on mine but are terrible and...
  7. Can't access Xbox Game Pass after downgrading

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't access Xbox Game Pass after downgrading: I used to have Game Pass Ultimate for PC & Xbox but downgraded to just Xbox Game Pass. When I try to access Game Pass or Xbox Live Gold games on my console it asks me if I want to subscribe to...
  8. Why is downgrading the minecraft bedrock version is not an option on the minecraft launcher

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is downgrading the minecraft bedrock version is not an option on the minecraft launcher: On the minecraft launcher downloaded from microsoft store, there is an option to downgrade java edition but not for bedrock, why is that so? And if lets say the minecraft bedrock version can be...
  9. My RDR2 game has been downgraded from "ultimate edition" to the normal edition after buying...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My RDR2 game has been downgraded from "ultimate edition" to the normal edition after buying...: So my Xbox one finally gave up after 9 years of service. Bought a new Series X, and installed my RDR2 game but suddenly I noticed that the extra items from the "ultimate edition" was gone. In the...
  10. I downgraded my game pass account from ultimate now my modern warfare 2 doesn’t work

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I downgraded my game pass account from ultimate now my modern warfare 2 doesn’t work: I recently downgraded from 15$ a month to the 9.99 plan. I go to play modern warfare 2 multiplayer and I am prompted to upgrade back to game pass ultimate and can no longer play multiplayer....