Double nat

Discus and support Double nat in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Why do I have double nat and how can I fix it 4eff5301-2c4a-44eb-b443-af87253cd21e Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Amy Deluycker, Mar 5, 2023.

1. Double nat

Why do I have double nat and how can I fix it

:)

Amy Deluycker, Mar 5, 2023
  2. HexedShadowWolf Win User

Double NAT

First thing is fixing the double nat problem and this may help.

https://kb.netgear.com/30186/What-is-Double-NAT

https://kb.netgear.com/30187/How-to-fix-issues-with-Double-NAT
  3. exasperated Person Win User

xbox one full library issues

Yes. It says Strict for the NAT type and that double NAT is detected. Also when we directly connected to modem, we got strict Nat and uPnP not working. The double NAT message went away.
  4. rogkline22 Win User

Double NAT

same here, chatting w/ support right now

Same here.. Please keep us updated.

Just got off with support. Then, spent another hour on my provider. So,two and half hours later and.....STILL DOUBLE NAT. Seems that Microsoft update caused the issue so, Microsoft needs to get on the fix,quickly. Otherwise, many won't be multiplayer gaming,any
    time soon. If thats the case, why pay for LIVE.?
    Ever since this update a couple of days ago, my multiplayer has been lag city. It shows I am on IPlv4 still. Does this system **** provide IPlv6?
  5. ArminatorX Win User

Double Nat

If you do not have two routers cascaded in your home, it might be your Internet Provider putting you behind a NAT like XBF Diego M has described.

To check for that, sign into your router's configuration, and take a note of it's WAN IP address.

Now go to https://www.whatismyip.com/ and compare the IP shown on the website with the WAN IP of your home router.

If these two IP addresses differ, you need to contact your internet provider and ask them to give you a public IP address, and not an IP through CG-NAT and/or DS-Lite.

Some providers give this for free to people that ask for it, other providers ask for a monthly fee for that setting, and some providers can't/won't do it for you, in which case your only option is to switch to a different internet provider.
  6. TeChInFoSGaMeS Win User

Double Nat

Unfortunately not.
Thema:

Double nat

1. Double nat - Similar Threads - Double nat

2. I have an ATT netgear nighthawk WiFi box. Xbox is wired to it. Can’t get rid of double nat....

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have an ATT netgear nighthawk WiFi box. Xbox is wired to it. Can’t get rid of double nat....: I have an ATT netgear nighthawk WiFi box. Xbox is wired to it. Can’t get rid of double nat. Help? de77dfab-8015-4fc4-8f14-51f0175cd6f9
  3. Double NAT type because of EE 4g Wifi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Double NAT type because of EE 4g Wifi: I'm using EE 4g Wifi, which causes a double NAT type. I've contacted EE, and they have no solution on their end. What can I do, other than use a VPN? Can Microsoft do anything?...
  4. Double Nat with only a gateway

in XBoX on Consoles
    Double Nat with only a gateway: Hi, so I’m getting double Nat on my series X but I don’t have a modem and a router or any pair of something. I just have my ISP ONT gateway which is connected to an Ethernet switch and then my...
  5. Double Nat

in XBoX on Consoles
    Double Nat: Hi. My Xbox keeps telling me that Double NAT detected but I’m unsure how to remove it. Can anybody help. This has only started since I’ve had new broadband installed....
  6. Double NAT Type

in XBoX on Consoles
    Double NAT Type: Hello, I'm an Xbox One S user. Not too long ago, after shifting from my previous network source to a new one, I started having UPNP based errors, and after enabling UPNP in the admin's site, I...
  7. Double NAT detected - currently in strict NAT type. I will like it to be open please

in XBoX on Consoles
    Double NAT detected - currently in strict NAT type. I will like it to be open please: Double NAT detected - currently in strict NAT type. I will like it to be open please 3d36e8e6-1002-4a11-9210-703c25531f56
  8. My Xbox keeps saying I have a Double NAT and I’m not quite sure how to get rid of it. I’m...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox keeps saying I have a Double NAT and I’m not quite sure how to get rid of it. I’m...: How do I go about fixing a double nat on a wireless system? My minecraft multiplayer is all out of wack and i don’t know why 9401cec4-84ba-416d-83b8-e8095ee99955
  9. How do I fix the double Nat detection on console

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I fix the double Nat detection on console: Got this new internet andi can't play cod and went to the connection settings and it say to come to this website but I'm confused need help like bad 89039808-293b-4f63-be21-4eb18663b864
  10. How do I permanently fix Double NAT and Tereso IP?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I permanently fix Double NAT and Tereso IP?: I’ve been having serious connection issues with my Xbox series X for the past month or so. Lately it’s been either a Double NAT or it says that it cannot find the “Tereso IP address.” Not sure why...