Doom is slow to download in Xbox Series S, but no other game

Discus and support Doom is slow to download in Xbox Series S, but no other game in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; As the title says, somehow Doom is extremely slow and intermittent to download for me, but not other games such as Dirt 5 or Overcooked 2. Is there... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by AnshMishra, Jul 24, 2022.

1. AnshMishra
    AnshMishra Guest

As the title says, somehow Doom is extremely slow and intermittent to download for me, but not other games such as Dirt 5 or Overcooked 2.

Is there anything I can do? It took an hour to download just 11 GB out of 61, while I'm already done with 10+ GB in 10 mins for Dirt. Such a weird issue

Update: it seems that games throttle after downloading 10+ GB. Same happened with both dirt and doom. This is getting weirder

:)

AnshMishra, Jul 24, 2022
  2. AnshMishra Win User

Hi Lucas, thanks a lot for your response.

In my update to the post I wrote: games seem to throttle after downloading 10+ GB. Same happened with both dirt and doom.

Would this fact change anything in your original suggestion?
  3. Lucas Lauer Win User

I would still suggest the power reset as this is a basic troubleshooting step and should work if there is any issue related to cache or temporary files.

You could also try to clear the console persistent storage:

- Press the Xbox One button on your controller.

- Go to Settings and select Devices and Connections.

- In the BLU-RAY section select Persistent Storage.

- Select Clear persistent storage three times.

Then, perform the power reset and please see if the issue persists.
  4. Lucas Lauer Win User

Hello, AnshMishra. Thanks for reaching out! My name is Lucas. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be happy to assist you today.

I would suggest a power reset as a first troubleshooting step:

1​​. Turn off your console and your router/modem.

2. Unplug all the cables from both devices (power, HDMI, etc..) and wait 2 minutes.

3. After 2 minutes, plug all the cables in again on your router/modem and wait for all the lights to show up.

​​​4. Plug all the cables on your console and turn it on.

See if the issue persists and please let me know.
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

how do vulkan games like doom eternal run on xbox

Pretty sure they're not using Vulkan on Xbox.

How they run depends on what console you're using. On Series X they're excellent, and Doom Eternal even has raytraced reflections on the Series X hardware. The RT can drop the FPS to just below 60 occasionally, but it's largely flawless.

On the now older Xbox One S their resolution is limited to around 900P, but they run much smoother and in higher res on the One X and Series X.

If you've got a Series X, Doom 2016, Doom Eternal, Wolfenstein II The New Colossus and Wolfenstein Youngblood play really well. No major performance issues. Digital Foundry on YouTube have conducted extensive tests on these games. I would check them out.

Doom Eternal Next-Gen Upgrade: PS5 vs Xbox Series X/ Series S - All Modes Tested
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Hello, my question is what's all the ssd expansion card I can use for xbox series x. Thanks

Only the Seagate Expansion and the WD Black C50 work for Series X|S games. All other SSD's can only be connected via the USB port and they are too slow for Series X|S games
Thema:

1. Doom is slow to download in Xbox Series S, but no other game - Similar Threads - Doom slow download

2. Downloaded Doom Eternal on game pass on pc, it includes the campaign but for some reason...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Downloaded Doom Eternal on game pass on pc, it includes the campaign but for some reason...: The campaign is unavailable, but for some reason when I try to access it, it gives me some kind of error. ef15df60-41e2-4630-ae20-32be1106964d
  3. Why do I have this weird shortcut Doom Eternal in xbox game pass on pc?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why do I have this weird shortcut Doom Eternal in xbox game pass on pc?: [img] It should look like the photo below [img] c1d67b32-b3d3-4189-ac26-426203bcbc51
  4. Can't turn RTX on in Doom Eternal

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't turn RTX on in Doom Eternal: hello, I have an RTX 3050Ti laptop with an AMD Ryzen 7 5800H and with 8GB RAM. Apparently, whenever I go to turn Raytracing on, it is greyed out. I would like to know if I can turn rtx on or off....
  5. Hey I downloaded some skins on Xbox for doom eternal I load up the game and I can’t use any...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hey I downloaded some skins on Xbox for doom eternal I load up the game and I can’t use any...: Hey I downloaded some skins on Xbox for doom eternal I load up the game and I can’t use any of them I also can’t connect to online servers what do I do? d22da464-873c-48b5-8ff5-c4f1d84c6def
  6. i have recently wanted to play doom eternal on pc using gamepass but no campaign it say i...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i have recently wanted to play doom eternal on pc using gamepass but no campaign it say i...: i have recently wanted to play doom eternal on pc using gamepass but no campaign it say i need to buy it 5dfc0b2f-c6f4-4472-8a1d-571f7a7c7db1
  7. Doom 3 does not open in the Xbox App on PC, I have w11

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Doom 3 does not open in the Xbox App on PC, I have w11: The game will not open for me although it has already been uninstalled many times, in addition to changing from w10 to w11 cb3961c1-78bc-453b-869c-ecf0a59055cf
  8. DOOM ETERNAL CRASHES EVERY 10-20 MINUTES ON XBOX SERIES X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    DOOM ETERNAL CRASHES EVERY 10-20 MINUTES ON XBOX SERIES X: Doom eternal campaign freezes every 10-20 minutes during campaign. This is terrible. I’m seeing that it’s happening to numerous people and nothing has been done about it. This is very sad to see a...
  9. DOOM Eternal Game pass won't launch.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    DOOM Eternal Game pass won't launch.: When I got xbox gold I Install Domm Eternal the game let me install both battelmode and campaign when I try to start doom eternal it said "You're too early". When I go to the Microsoft store it...
  10. Downloading Doom - Painfully, painfully slow

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Downloading Doom - Painfully, painfully slow: I pre-ordered and pre-downloaded Doom when it became available. So this morning I thought I'd fire it up for a quick game before work. Unfortunately all it did was tell me I had a 47GB mandatory...