doom 3 on pc windows 11 : i changed the video and resolution settings to max and now it...

Discus and support doom 3 on pc windows 11 : i changed the video and resolution settings to max and now it... in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; doom 3 on pc windows 11 : i bought it and installed it and launched it : it was displayed in window low resolution, and i could play it. so i changed... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by bestofcomputer, Apr 28, 2023.

1. doom 3 on pc windows 11 : i changed the video and resolution settings to max and now it...

doom 3 on pc windows 11 :

i bought it and installed it and launched it : it was displayed in window low resolution, and i could play it.

so i changed the video settings and resolution to max : 4K 60 hz.

i saved the settings and the window changed to 4K, the display was working fine in 4K.

then it was asking me to re launch the app so i confirmed.

and at re launch, i got a black screen for a few seconds, then my LG TV 4K told me there is no signal.

and there is no display at all.

so i have to do ALT F4 to terminate the game, and i can see my desktop again.

i tried to erase teh settings of the app : same problem.

i tried to uninstall and install again : same problem.

the max resolution seem to not work at all but it seems saved on the cloud and locked and as i cannot see the screen of the game i cannot navigate inside it to reset to default resolution so i am blocked.

how to access the setting and reset the resolution without seeing anything on my screen when the game is on ?

thanks.

:)

bestofcomputer, Apr 28, 2023
  2. RagMan85 Win User

Xbox360 Hdmi-Dvi-D capel

i use a hdmi-dvi cable for my xbox - pc screen

1ST change the resolution on your xbox to a low setting on a tv ( it may currently be too high for your monitor)

once u have dont this plug into your pc screen and change the resolution settings till it goes black again then u know its too high... or if u already know the max res your screen can take set the xbox to that via a tv 1st..

this is what i done my max monitor res is 1440x900
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

Doom 3 BFG Edition

Isn't it more likely to be an updated version of the PC Doom 3 and not the original Xbox Doom 3?

I was tempted to buy this yesterday, but instead I bought a used copy of Fifa 12, which I've got to take back to CEX as I've found it's scratched to hell :(

Anyway, I have the PC version, I bought it back in 2005. Back then you needed a pretty beefy ninja PC to run it at max settings. I even upgraded my graphics card and RAM to get the thing working as it should.

For anyone who played the PC version, is it worth buying again?
  4. NithinSinkaran Win User

XBX Series X - 1440p @120 hz issue onsamsung 27hg70q

Hi

I managed to address this.

Steps

1. On monitor settings turn of AMD free sync

2. Change the refresh rate from 144 to 120

3. On x box display settings unchek enable 4K

4. Change resolution to 1440p

5. Change refresh rate to 120Hz

Played Doom at 120 and it was awesome 😎.
  5. Kevenstu01 Win User

Stuck resolution on Forza Horizon 3

do you run the game in full screen or in windowed mode

if your run the game in windowed mode the resolution will be locked to the monitor set resolution.

some game as a feature that allow you to upscale or downscale the game resolution this feature (usually called scaling) would allow you to scale the game rendering resolution

if its not present the solution would be to

a. change the monitor resolution prior of launching the game

or

b. set the game in full screen mode (in the game video setting) then you should be able to set its resolution
  6. Mae Sev. Win User

Doom 3 does not open in the Xbox App on PC, I have w11

Hello AlejandroFallas Logan,

We appreciate you for sharing this with us and welcome to the Xbox Forums.

We understand that you are having trouble opening Doom 3 in the Xbox App on your PC running Windows 11. Let's work on this together in a timely manner.

Firstly, I would recommend checking the version of the game you got licensed with if it's playable on windows. After confirming, make sure to check if your PC meets the minimum system requirements for Doom 3. You can find the system requirements on the game's official website or on the Microsoft Store page. If your PC does not meet the minimum requirements, the game may not run properly.

Assuming that your PC meets the minimum system requirements, I would suggest trying the following troubleshooting steps:

1. Check for updates: Make sure that your PC is up to date with the latest Windows updates. To check for updates, go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update.

2. Reinstall the game: Uninstall Doom 3 from your PC and then reinstall it from the Microsoft Store. To uninstall the game, go to Start > Settings > Apps > Apps & features, find Doom 3, and click Uninstall.

3. Reset the Xbox App: Resetting the Xbox App can help resolve issues with game launching. To reset the Xbox App, go to Start > Settings > Apps > Apps & features, find Xbox, and click Advanced options. Then click Reset.

4. Check for graphics driver updates: Make sure that your graphics drivers are up to date. You can check for updates on the manufacturer's website or by using a third-party tool like Driver Booster.

5. Run the game as an administrator: Right-click on the Doom 3 icon and select Run as administrator. This can help resolve issues with game launching.

If none of the above steps work, you can try contacting the game's developer or Microsoft Support for further assistance.

I hope this helps you sort the issue with Doom 3 not opening in the Xbox App on your PC running Windows 11. Let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Kind regards,

Microsoft Community Moderator
Thema:

doom 3 on pc windows 11 : i changed the video and resolution settings to max and now it...

1. doom 3 on pc windows 11 : i changed the video and resolution settings to max and now it... - Similar Threads - doom windows changed

2. Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...: I got Doom Eternal from Gamestop, and it keeps saying the installation stopped for the past three days. I have tried clearing local saved games but that did not work, I tried restarting,...
  3. DOOM!!! Let's make it coop/deathmatch already:) "Eternal" pre/post

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    DOOM!!! Let's make it coop/deathmatch already:) "Eternal" pre/post: I'm pretty sure, that we all can agree on cooperation in Eternal would ROCK!!! That's all I had to say about that......;) a6dee12d-039e-4a49-93e9-8029f9bd9c4a
  4. Downloaded Doom Eternal on game pass on pc, it includes the campaign but for some reason...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Downloaded Doom Eternal on game pass on pc, it includes the campaign but for some reason...: The campaign is unavailable, but for some reason when I try to access it, it gives me some kind of error. ef15df60-41e2-4630-ae20-32be1106964d
  5. Why do I have this weird shortcut Doom Eternal in xbox game pass on pc?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why do I have this weird shortcut Doom Eternal in xbox game pass on pc?: [img] It should look like the photo below [img] c1d67b32-b3d3-4189-ac26-426203bcbc51
  6. Can't turn RTX on in Doom Eternal

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't turn RTX on in Doom Eternal: hello, I have an RTX 3050Ti laptop with an AMD Ryzen 7 5800H and with 8GB RAM. Apparently, whenever I go to turn Raytracing on, it is greyed out. I would like to know if I can turn rtx on or off....
  7. Hey I downloaded some skins on Xbox for doom eternal I load up the game and I can’t use any...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hey I downloaded some skins on Xbox for doom eternal I load up the game and I can’t use any...: Hey I downloaded some skins on Xbox for doom eternal I load up the game and I can’t use any of them I also can’t connect to online servers what do I do? d22da464-873c-48b5-8ff5-c4f1d84c6def
  8. i have recently wanted to play doom eternal on pc using gamepass but no campaign it say i...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i have recently wanted to play doom eternal on pc using gamepass but no campaign it say i...: i have recently wanted to play doom eternal on pc using gamepass but no campaign it say i need to buy it 5dfc0b2f-c6f4-4472-8a1d-571f7a7c7db1
  9. Doom 3 does not open in the Xbox App on PC, I have w11

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Doom 3 does not open in the Xbox App on PC, I have w11: The game will not open for me although it has already been uninstalled many times, in addition to changing from w10 to w11 cb3961c1-78bc-453b-869c-ecf0a59055cf
  10. DOOM ETERNAL CRASHES EVERY 10-20 MINUTES ON XBOX SERIES X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    DOOM ETERNAL CRASHES EVERY 10-20 MINUTES ON XBOX SERIES X: Doom eternal campaign freezes every 10-20 minutes during campaign. This is terrible. I’m seeing that it’s happening to numerous people and nothing has been done about it. This is very sad to see a...