Dolby Vision Gaming on Xbox One X (been promissed since 2017)

Discus and support Dolby Vision Gaming on Xbox One X (been promissed since 2017) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi. a simple question.. as many know OLEDs TV has been the high-end-norm since they came down in price in mid-2017, and mainly LGs line, that also... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Jakob with a K., Jul 29, 2021.

1. Dolby Vision Gaming on Xbox One X (been promissed since 2017)

Hi.

a simple question..

as many know OLEDs TV has been the high-end-norm since they came down in price in mid-2017, and mainly LGs line, that also houses LG display (the maker of WOLEDs) LG etc have sold tons of these, and Microsoft wanted to piggyback ride this market with their new console Xbox One X in late 2017 & 2018.

as LG's own OLEDs have full dynamic HDR support. (frame by frame basis) fx Dolby Vision.

You can even also see here in 2018, where Xbox rep. are highlighting that Xbox One X does have 12 bit Dolby vision gaming support.

"sep 2018 = Yes, Xbox One X does support Dolby Vision with games that have the feature. Mind that this is 12bit color and not simply 10 bit color."

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...436fb39c472?auth=1&ranMID=24542&ranEAID=kXQk6

The other things, like Dolby visions streaming and fx drives.. don't really matter as anybody with a Dolby vision HDR TV, already has that implemented in their TV.

A gaming console. its main feature is (mehh supprise) "gaming" and to take advantage of new high dynamic (HDR) features, like Dolby Vision, and match it with very expensive TVs that have that feature.

and it is understandable on the big display forums that many owners with Xbox One X, that choosed the Xbox One X and not PS variant, as Sony very clearly pointed they were not in bed with Dolby like Microsoft, and could not deliver Dolby Vision to their consoles..

.. many on these forums' are a bit baffled when Microsoft / Xbox now trying to do the exact same thing with the new Series Consoles and sell these consoles with label.

Series Console " the first consol to support Dynamic HDR Dolby Vision"

I know this ain't the stock market and the FIFO principle aint in play (first in, first out) but don't Microsoft think it would be wise, to deliver this feature to the first batch of consoles you sold, with this promise of Dolby Vision-gaming and people that purchased this product to be ready to use this.

I know Dynamic HDR like Dolby Vision, mainly has been seen on a few titles on PC, but that limitation likely goes in hand with the situation that the main player "MS/Xbox" who sold "consoles" with this promise - hasn't yet delivered it, and not implemented it in games.

What is up and down in this Dynamic HDR bananas on Xbox One X...??

As a danish shareholder in Microsoft, - I do know that EU regulations, do hold the vendors accountable for features a certain product has been sold with the intent to get, - and if these promises aint fulfilled- it could tumble, legality for the purchase.¨(make sense, you can not promise the moon and after the sale, fx deliver a pool ball.

Engadget also dug down into this Dolby Vision to Xbox One X, and noted that Microsoft now trying to remove some of the old advertising about Dolby Vision Gaming to Xbox One X, and likely so they can do it all over' with the new Series console.

YOU CAN NOT OPERATE LIKE THAT AS A BIG BUSINESS AND BACKPADDLE ON FEATURES THAT A CONSUMER PERHAPS MADE THE PURCHASE ON' AS THAT CAN TUMBLE THE WHOLE LEGALITY FOR THE ORIGINAL PURCHASE, AT'LEAST INSIDE EUROPE.- NOT SURE HOW THE CONSUMER RIGHTS ARE IN THE STATES AND OTHER REGIONS., BUT IN EUROPE THEY ARE VERY STRICT.

Cheers.

:)

Jakob with a K., Jul 29, 2021
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

Gears 5, Halo, and Borderlands are among the titles currently in insider testing for Dolby Vision

DV has a huge performance penalty over standard HDR, so most developers don’t tend to use it.
  3. Bitnissedalton Win User

Dolby Vision in the future?

Dolby Vision is a software upgrade only according to Dolby. Example https://www.forbes.com/sites/johnarcher/2017/02/24/how-the-ps4-xbox-one-and-even-the-apple-tv-could-soon-get-dolby-vision/#2c7ac6e46647
  4. Deus ex Mox Win User

Dolby Vision - Blu-ray player app

I got a response from Customer Service: no support for Dolby Vision on Blu-ray app on Xbox One X at the moment (not even on Xbox Series X).

They said they are working on that, since a lot of people made complaints about this issue. I hope it's true, it's ridiculous to not support Dolby Vision nowadays on a device that has been promoted as a valid Blu-ray player.
  5. SorrowSeer Win User

Xbox One X Dolby Vision games support late 2019

6. f r u 7 7 y Win User

Dolby Vision in Games

Hi

All of the information that I could find leads to Dolby Vision support only being limited to Netflix on the Xbox One X. I can't find any recent information suggesting that Dolby Vision is fully supported for games on the Xbox One X. Maybe the feature is
    only available for games on Windows 10.

I'll be trying to find clarification on whether or not Dolby Vision should be fully supported at this point on consoles as it was only supported for Netflix during launch so it's possible that the support for games has not been implemented yet on the consoles.
    Thanks! It is just strange that Dolby did not make it's primary product into games on Xbox still...
Thema:

1. Dolby Vision Gaming on Xbox One X (been promissed since 2017) - Similar Threads - Dolby Vision Gaming

2. Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos issues, STILL IN 2024

in XboX Insiders
    Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos issues, STILL IN 2024: For me, Atmos still has a 500 miliseconds delay and Dolby Vision for games just doesn't work, it only displays Dolby Vision content but none of the compatible games. What do we have to do to use...
  3. Does the Xbox series x have Dolby vision playback support for 4k blu ray discs ?

in XBoX on Windows
    Does the Xbox series x have Dolby vision playback support for 4k blu ray discs ?: Does the Xbox series x support Dolby vision playback for the 4k blu ray disc movies ? not streaming capability I seem to be able to activate HDR but not Dolby vision for movie discs , is there a...
  4. How do I make Dolby vision become active on 4 k uhd disc play back even when allow box has...

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I make Dolby vision become active on 4 k uhd disc play back even when allow box has...: Allow box has been ticked in settings and tv is capable but playback is only in HDR , fidelity is also in 30bit 46cab499-b1d8-449d-98ea-b0b349abd034
  5. HDR and Dolby Vision for Gaming no longer working on Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDR and Dolby Vision for Gaming no longer working on Xbox Series X: So in january of 2023 I bought a brand new Hisense 65 inch 4k HDR (Dolby Vision) TV and a Xbox Series X (previously had a 4k non-HDR tv and a series S). I of course set up the HDR in all its glory...
  6. Why isn't Dolby Vision working anymore?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why isn't Dolby Vision working anymore?: I have been playing in Dolby Vision 120hz for a while now with no issues at all. Today I was playing starfield and turned the console off. When I turned it back on all games playing at 120hz Dolby...
  7. Green/pixelated screen on game startup when Dolby vision is enabled

in XboX Insiders
    Green/pixelated screen on game startup when Dolby vision is enabled: I'm in Alpha Skip Ahead and cam confirm no hardware issues, but am either having no signal when enabling Dolby Vision, or periodically having games launch with a pixelate screen with a large green...
  8. Dolby Vision Gaming vs HGiG

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dolby Vision Gaming vs HGiG: I recently bought a TV with support for HGiG and Dolby Vision for gaming. After a long search on the internet, I saw that reviewers, YouTubers, users, etc., said that games that have native Dolby...
  9. Dolby Vision Gaming 60 Hz issue Tv can 4k120Hz

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dolby Vision Gaming 60 Hz issue Tv can 4k120Hz: Hello, I have a Xbox Issue. My issue is dolby vision gaming only on 60 Hz. If i select 4k 120 Hz and disable dolby vision gaming i have 120 Hz but with dvg i have only 60 Hz !! What to do I...
  10. XSX Dolby Vision Gaming issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    XSX Dolby Vision Gaming issue: So I’ve been using Dolby Vision Gaming for awhile now but after i just got done playing BF2042 every time I try to play a game that uses Dolby Vision my screen glitches and never goes away but i...