Dolby Digital and Dolby Atmos for home theater root of audio dropping problems

Discus and support Dolby Digital and Dolby Atmos for home theater root of audio dropping problems in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; FINAL UPDATE: I FOUND THE CULPRIT. IT WAS DOLBY HOME THEATER AND DOLBY DIGITAL SETTING. WHENEVER I CHANGE INTO THESE, THE AUDIO DROPS. So basically,... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/FatalDarkprince, Nov 1, 2021.

1. Dolby Digital and Dolby Atmos for home theater root of audio dropping problems

FINAL UPDATE: I FOUND THE CULPRIT. IT WAS DOLBY HOME THEATER AND DOLBY DIGITAL SETTING. WHENEVER I CHANGE INTO THESE, THE AUDIO DROPS.

So basically, today i was watching football today and the sound was fine and then i played some Xmen Origns: Wolverine on the Xbox 360 and the sound was fine but as soon as I booted up the Xbox Series X, the sound dropped once again and then also the sound from cable dropped again.

So i switched the hdmi cables of the Xbox 360 and the Xbox Series X and still both system sounds had dropped plus the cable content sound had dropped as well. That would rule out hdmi cable problems so i checked audio settings and it was set to DOLBY HOME THEATER and as soon as i switched it to anything other than Dolby home theater or even dolby digital, then the series x sound was back but the cable and 360 sound was not back so my theory is that the series x dolby setting short circuits the audio in other hdmi cables that it has to be reset but if i keep it anything other than dolby then the sounds of the cable and 360 will be fine.

There you go team, i have narrowed down the source of the problem. You can test it by having different consoles hooked up to your tv and set your series x to dolby digital or dolby home theater and try turning it off and on. Once the audio drops in series x, it will drop for other devices hooked up to the tv as well. You're welcome.

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinside...ting/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

submitted by /u/FatalDarkprince
    [link] [comments]

/u/FatalDarkprince, Nov 1, 2021
  2. Emil.Dahl Win User

Xbox Series X Audio Delay 150-250ms (Stereo Uncompressed)

The Xbox audio settings I have available are as follows:

HDMI audio:

* Stereo Uncompressed

* Dolby Digital

* Dolby Atmos for Home Theater

Headset Format:

* Stereo Uncompressed

* Windows Sonic for Headphones

* Dolby Atmos for Headphones

* DTS Headphone:X

Tried all of them. Nothing helped.
  3. NeedABeer2Play Win User

Atmos only outputs Multichannel

So after following up with the Dolby Access support team, apparently games aren't supported on home theater, only on headphones:

"Unfortunately, Games encoded with Dolby Atmos audio are not compatible with Dolby Atmos for Home Theater, as they are specifically configured for Dolby Atmos for Headphones. If the content you are experiencing is not compatible with the app you are
    using, then audio will cease, or will simply output as regular stereo output.

To clarify, Dolby Atmos for Home Theater is included at no charge with any Dolby Atmos supported hardware, such as a receiver or Xbox One X, and is used to activate Dolby Atmos features via HDMI connection for a Dolby Atmos certified AVR, soundbar,
    or TV."

"Unfortunately, the version of Dolby Atmos included with your Xbox is Dolby Atmos for Home Theater, which is not compliant with any gaming content."

It kind of strikes me as hard to believe, or that this won't be addressed, but that's what they're saying for now. That said, it still isn't working for me for Netflix content either, so I'm going continue troubleshooting with them and see what's doable
    and what's not. Fingers crossed.
  4. Gamer80805 Win User

DOLBY ATMOS and DOLBY VISION BROKEN on XBOX ONE X

I am able to get Atmos on Netflix with my denon x4400 with the audio settings bitstream out and dolby digital for home theater selected. It makes you download the dolby app to change that setting.
  5. XBF Diego M Win User

Can't use Dolby Atmos for Home Theater with headset base station connected (Elite 800X and Astro A50)

Hi bladerunnin,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox Forums.

The reason you need to unplug the base station if you want to use Dolby Atmos for Home Theater is in the way the Dolby Atmos sound format is processed within the Xbox and Dolby Digital 7.1 in the A50's and DTS 7.1 in the TB 800X respectively.

The Dolby Atmos sound format for Home Theater on any platform is processed in the device itself through HDMI, in this case the Xbox's operating system and software. The Xbox will decode the audio in a bitstream format through HDMI for Dolby Atmos HT. The
    headset base stations (not the Xbox) process and decode the audio formats and then send the data to the Xbox in bitstream through optical. Since everything is processed through the base stations for the headsets, simply turning off the headset won't remove
    the base station as a device that is hooked up and recognized by the console, at least while the audio settings in the Xbox are still set for Optical audio: Bitstream out. That may be why you are getting the message that Dolby Atmos is only supported over
    HDMI.

Under Speaker audio in the Audio output settings of the Xbox, try turning off Optical audio while leaving HDMI audio on Bitstream out, then under Bitstream format select Dolby Atmos for HT. When wanting to use the headsets, turn off HDMI audio and then put
    Optical audio on Bitstream out, then under the format choose Dolby Digital (Astro A50) or DTS Surround (TB Elite 800X). If you have tried that but still can't enable Dolby Atmos while you have everything plugged in, then just disconnect the optical cable but
    leave the USB plugged in, which is what charges the headset, not the optical cable.
  6. ChiefJoboo Win User

Onkyo TX SR 444 ATMOS

Apparently dolby atmos will only transfer through hdmi and not optical,i was just wondering whether it is something to do with hdr
    Do you have "let receiver decode audio" enabled in Settings > Disc & Blu Ray > Blu ray?

And after that go to Settings > Display & Sound and go, under HDMI audio, to Bitstream format and select "Dolby Atmos for home theater".

After doing this the blue light for Dolby Atmos should be lit on your receiver when it is decoding Dolby Atmos input.
Thema:

Dolby Digital and Dolby Atmos for home theater root of audio dropping problems

1. Dolby Digital and Dolby Atmos for home theater root of audio dropping problems - Similar Threads - Dolby Digital Dolby

2. Can't enable Dolby dts headphone:X since April console update!

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't enable Dolby dts headphone:X since April console update!: My console downloaded the April update last night and now no matter what I do I can't enable Dolby dts headphone:X. A little annoying since A: it sounds better than windows sonic and B: I paid $20...
  3. Dolby Atmos and Xbox One S disconnecting issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dolby Atmos and Xbox One S disconnecting issue: I am having a problem with my setup. The TV and the Xbox One S detect each other perfectly for Dolby Atmos - and it shows the sign when it's on - but every two or so minutes, the sound cuts out...
  4. Dolby Atmos for headphones issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dolby Atmos for headphones issue: Hi all, Recently bought the Microsoft Wireless Headset for my Series X . I paid for the for Dolby Atmos app but I am having an extremely annoying issue with the licence. It keeps advising that I...
  5. Dolby Atmos not detecting compatible reciever over eARC (Via TV)

in XboX Insiders
    Dolby Atmos not detecting compatible reciever over eARC (Via TV): i have Samsung HW-Q930C/ZF and Samsung QLED 4K 2019 65Q64R, my XBOX SERIES X not dettect option dolby atmos not appear submitted by /u/Zaborks [link] [comments]
  6. Dolby Atmos for home theater not upmixing stereo games correctly

in XboX Insiders
    Dolby Atmos for home theater not upmixing stereo games correctly: I was playing Inside and I notice that the upmixer only sends audio to the height channels, center and surround channels are blank with no audio. submitted by /u/jay23738 [link] [comments]
  7. Why are all threads in regards to 4K HDR 120Hz and Dolby Atmos cutouts all locked?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why are all threads in regards to 4K HDR 120Hz and Dolby Atmos cutouts all locked?: Here's an example of one that's locked that I chimed in on. Over 16,000 people viewed and you STILL haven't acknowledged or resolved the issue. Which is ****....
  8. Does anyone know if Microsoft has been looking into fixing the audio delay with dolby atmos...

in XBoX on Windows
    Does anyone know if Microsoft has been looking into fixing the audio delay with dolby atmos...: https://www.purexbox.com/news/2023/08/digital-foundry-highlights-dolby-atmos-issues-on-xbox-playground-games-engineer-responds Just curious if anyone knows whether this has actually been looked...
  9. Need help with dolby digital audio

in XboX Insiders
    Need help with dolby digital audio: I bought a Xbox series S yesterday and I’m running into issues getting the audio to work. I use a Lovesac Stealthtech via e-ARC on my LG C2 tv. However I’m not getting any audio options other than...
  10. Dolby Digital Audio Delay

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dolby Digital Audio Delay: Hi Team, Need help with a sound delay issue that I'm facing when selecting Dolby Digital on Xbox Series X. I'm using a TCL tv connected via HDMI 2.1. Stereo works fine, the moment I switch to...