Dolby audio problems after latest update

Discus and support Dolby audio problems after latest update in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Alpha Ring — Dolby atmos and Dolby digital no longer works after the latest update. No audio from the system, games, movies or blu-ray when Dolby... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/viciousXXL, May 25, 2024.

1. Dolby audio problems after latest update

Alpha Ring — Dolby atmos and Dolby digital no longer works after the latest update. No audio from the system, games, movies or blu-ray when Dolby output selected. Anyone else having Dolby audio issues after the latest update?

submitted by /u/viciousXXL
    [link] [comments]

/u/viciousXXL, May 25, 2024
  2. HarlekinOfHate Win User

my xbox one s is closing itself

Hello,

try to switch your Audio Settings--> DTS to Dolby Digital or something else (Dolby Atmos)

I have the same Problem, when i try to open a App, Youtube or Netflix the App close automatically

after few seconds. When I switch the audio settings it works, i think the error has something to do with the latest (Beta) preview update

3. DustyStraws92 Win User

Dolby Atmos Needs Fixed by Xbox

Hi PRED4TOR!

Sorry to hear that you are having issues with your audio. No one from Xbox support visits the forums and no one here has a direct line of contact to them.

After reading through the message you received from Dolby, it's actually that they themselves will need to update Dolby Access and not Microsoft. That Dolby is trying to work on an update to resolve the issue. The update might need assistance from Microsoft,
    but overall it is a problem that Dolby needs to work on.

Again sorry about your issue with audio, but the fix is coming from Dolby and not Microsoft.
  4. ipellacaniG Win User

Xbox Series X November Update broken sound.

I got the November update with all the changes, night mode, Dolby vision gaming, etc.. BUT

The audio is literally broken.

SPEAKER AUDIO Defaults to STEREO UNCOMPRESSED prior it was on BITSTREAM OUT.

The speaker outputs are now HEADSET FORMAT, DOLBY DIGITAL, STEREO UNCOMPRESSED.

GONE BITSTREAM OUT.

If you set Dolby digital the audio is VERY LOW. Before the update the audio was fine, this is connected to a 5.1 Samsung soundbar system with no issues.

Also selecting AUDIO PASS-THROUGH does nothing.

Also doing RESET AUDIO SETTINGS does not fix the problem.

OS version.

10.0.22000.2989(xb_flt_211109-2200).
    I had the same issue, but i think that i solved. I have an lg c9 tv, and a onkyo reciver and atmos sound bar. First, I connect the xbox sx to the tv, and after that the reciver with the tv, through the Arc hdmi, who was configured to pass through. After that, i uninstalled the dolby atmos and the dts apps. I installed the apps again, and turn off the console. I disconect all the cables, get conected again, and turn on the xbox sx. After that i set the console audio to dolby atmos, and it works like it use to! UPDATE: AFTER SOME TIME, THE SOUND PROBLEM WILL APPEAR AGAIN!!
  5. StuartATrueRed Win User

Dolby Atmos for Headphones question

If the game does not support Dolby Atmos, then the audio is normal stereo. Microsoft are working on updating Dolby Atmos, where if the game does not support Dolby, the audio will be converted to simulate Dolby Atmos.
  6. CWells923 Win User

Upload Studio/ Game DVR Help!

After the latest update (the April Update) all of the recorded clips have no audio. I have seen other clips Xbox's Upload app that have the same problem.
Thema:

Dolby audio problems after latest update

1. Dolby audio problems after latest update - Similar Threads - Dolby audio problems

2. Does anyone know if Microsoft has been looking into fixing the audio delay with dolby atmos...

in XBoX on Windows
    Does anyone know if Microsoft has been looking into fixing the audio delay with dolby atmos...: https://www.purexbox.com/news/2023/08/digital-foundry-highlights-dolby-atmos-issues-on-xbox-playground-games-engineer-responds Just curious if anyone knows whether this has actually been looked...
  3. Any word at all on Dolby Atmos audio lag?

in XboX Insiders
    Any word at all on Dolby Atmos audio lag?: I posted on this some time ago so I thought I'd give the issue another bump. PlayStation since they implemented Dolby Atmos has had zero problems with audio lag either through receiver or earc...
  4. can xbox play dolby audio through inbuilt music apps(apple music etc)?

in XBoX on Consoles
    can xbox play dolby audio through inbuilt music apps(apple music etc)?: greetings everyone before explaining my problm ..im describing the instruments im using.. xbox series x sony 43 inches tv( smart tv capable of 5.1 audio and dolby audio) support ARC hdmi sony...
  5. Has there been any progress on audio lag for Dolby Atmos and other Dolby options?

in XboX Insiders
    Has there been any progress on audio lag for Dolby Atmos and other Dolby options?: It has been a slight issue honestly for me since the implementation of the audio option. I connect through an AV receiver to tv. It's only with Dolby options that there is any noticable audio lag....
  6. Dolby Atmos Xbox audio delay

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dolby Atmos Xbox audio delay: There is an audio delay when using Dolby atmos for gaming on my Xbox Series X. As of writing, Dolby Access, the Xbox OS and the soundbar firmware are all up to date. My setup: 1. Xbox -> HDMI...
  7. Audio cut outs with Dolby Atmos headphones surround on

in XboX Insiders
    Audio cut outs with Dolby Atmos headphones surround on: I've been wearing the same headset and for months never had issues, but since the last week or two, I've noticed split second audio cut outs on Xbox when Dolby Atmos for headphones is on. I do not...
  8. Need help with dolby digital audio

in XboX Insiders
    Need help with dolby digital audio: I bought a Xbox series S yesterday and I’m running into issues getting the audio to work. I use a Lovesac Stealthtech via e-ARC on my LG C2 tv. However I’m not getting any audio options other than...
  9. Dolby Spatial Audio stuttering and cutting out while using a headset connected to the Elite...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dolby Spatial Audio stuttering and cutting out while using a headset connected to the Elite...: Dolby Spatial Audio stuttering and cutting out while using a headset connected to the Elite Series 2 controller, and using the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows. The audio is fine if i hardwire...
  10. Dolby Atmos audio delay or entirely missing on Xbox Series X via TV's eARC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Dolby Atmos audio delay or entirely missing on Xbox Series X via TV's eARC: Hi there, I have now a new LG OLED C2 TV with which I want to take advantage of some of the Series X features such as 120 Hz and VRR. And I have a Samsung Q950T Dolby Atmos soundbar that I...