Dolby Atmos Theater won't work anymore since last Skip Alpha update.

Discus and support Dolby Atmos Theater won't work anymore since last Skip Alpha update. in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Are there more people with Dolby Atmos problems? My Xbox One X won't give any sound when selecting Dolby Atmos in sound settings. Dolby Digital works... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/KombatDragon, Apr 30, 2023.

1. Dolby Atmos Theater won't work anymore since last Skip Alpha update.

Are there more people with Dolby Atmos problems? My Xbox One X won't give any sound when selecting Dolby Atmos in sound settings. Dolby Digital works perfectly. Tv and Soundbar settings are 100% correct. ‍♂️

submitted by /u/KombatDragon
    [link] [comments]

/u/KombatDragon, Apr 30, 2023
  2. neocitron Win User

Dolby Atmos on XBOX ONE X connected to DENON X3600H

Hello!! I'm in the alpha skip ahead. With the last build the problem is fixed. Now it's multichannel in the dashboard, when you load an atmos game the display will change in atmos. Same for netflix.
    This is fantasic news! Thanks. So just to be clear it seems that Microsoft solved it? Or did Dolby Access get an alpha update?
  3. Wuselmann Win User

Audio settings totally screwed up on XB1S

I have the same issue since the latest alpha update that was released October 27th. Before I had bitstream out and dolby Atmos. Now only 7.1 PCM.

But my blu rays are working with dolby Atmos. I hope this get patched with the next update.
  4. NeedABeer2Play Win User

Atmos only outputs Multichannel

So after following up with the Dolby Access support team, apparently games aren't supported on home theater, only on headphones:

"Unfortunately, Games encoded with Dolby Atmos audio are not compatible with Dolby Atmos for Home Theater, as they are specifically configured for Dolby Atmos for Headphones. If the content you are experiencing is not compatible with the app you are
    using, then audio will cease, or will simply output as regular stereo output.

To clarify, Dolby Atmos for Home Theater is included at no charge with any Dolby Atmos supported hardware, such as a receiver or Xbox One X, and is used to activate Dolby Atmos features via HDMI connection for a Dolby Atmos certified AVR, soundbar,
    or TV."

"Unfortunately, the version of Dolby Atmos included with your Xbox is Dolby Atmos for Home Theater, which is not compliant with any gaming content."

It kind of strikes me as hard to believe, or that this won't be addressed, but that's what they're saying for now. That said, it still isn't working for me for Netflix content either, so I'm going continue troubleshooting with them and see what's doable
    and what's not. Fingers crossed.
  5. Just a Volunteer Win User

Customer Service Hung up on Me

6. tejo chase Win User

New console update.

Hi have you contacted support over this? My one x updated fine I've had the update for a month or two now with the alpha skip ahead release, and the only issue I seem to get is that the dolby atmos app sometimes needs redownloading for the system to recognise
    it but then it works fine for weeks.
Thema:

Dolby Atmos Theater won't work anymore since last Skip Alpha update.

1. Dolby Atmos Theater won't work anymore since last Skip Alpha update. - Similar Threads - Dolby Atmos Theater

2. Dolby Atmos and Xbox One S disconnecting issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dolby Atmos and Xbox One S disconnecting issue: I am having a problem with my setup. The TV and the Xbox One S detect each other perfectly for Dolby Atmos - and it shows the sign when it's on - but every two or so minutes, the sound cuts out...
  3. Dolby Atmos for headphones issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dolby Atmos for headphones issue: Hi all, Recently bought the Microsoft Wireless Headset for my Series X . I paid for the for Dolby Atmos app but I am having an extremely annoying issue with the licence. It keeps advising that I...
  4. Dolby Atmos not detecting compatible reciever over eARC (Via TV)

in XboX Insiders
    Dolby Atmos not detecting compatible reciever over eARC (Via TV): i have Samsung HW-Q930C/ZF and Samsung QLED 4K 2019 65Q64R, my XBOX SERIES X not dettect option dolby atmos not appear submitted by /u/Zaborks [link] [comments]
  5. Dolby Atmos for home theater not upmixing stereo games correctly

in XboX Insiders
    Dolby Atmos for home theater not upmixing stereo games correctly: I was playing Inside and I notice that the upmixer only sends audio to the height channels, center and surround channels are blank with no audio. submitted by /u/jay23738 [link] [comments]
  6. Why are all threads in regards to 4K HDR 120Hz and Dolby Atmos cutouts all locked?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why are all threads in regards to 4K HDR 120Hz and Dolby Atmos cutouts all locked?: Here's an example of one that's locked that I chimed in on. Over 16,000 people viewed and you STILL haven't acknowledged or resolved the issue. Which is ****....
  7. Does anyone know if Microsoft has been looking into fixing the audio delay with dolby atmos...

in XBoX on Windows
    Does anyone know if Microsoft has been looking into fixing the audio delay with dolby atmos...: https://www.purexbox.com/news/2023/08/digital-foundry-highlights-dolby-atmos-issues-on-xbox-playground-games-engineer-responds Just curious if anyone knows whether this has actually been looked...
  8. Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos issues, STILL IN 2024

in XboX Insiders
    Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos issues, STILL IN 2024: For me, Atmos still has a 500 miliseconds delay and Dolby Vision for games just doesn't work, it only displays Dolby Vision content but none of the compatible games. What do we have to do to use...
  9. Dolby Atmos suddenly stopped working on Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Windows
    Dolby Atmos suddenly stopped working on Xbox Series X: So as the title mentioned, dolby atmos suddenly stopped working on my xbox series x. Going into the settings, it still shows 'green tick' on dolby atmos supported tv. I have tested dolby atmos...
  10. Dolby atmos for home theater not working on my Xbox series s

in XBoX on Windows
    Dolby atmos for home theater not working on my Xbox series s: Hi, I’m just bought the xbox series s, my tv and sound bar is support Dolby atmos. Sound bar is sonos ARC plug with hdmi arc port at tv. I have try to select dolby atmos for home theater (hdmi...