Dolby Atmos sound issues using a soundbar with HDMI/ARC pass through?

Discus and support Dolby Atmos sound issues using a soundbar with HDMI/ARC pass through? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I have a dolby atmos soundbar linked up to my xbox using the HDMI/ARC so it is hooked up correctly I've tried to switch the cable round just to make... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/The_Real_Delpoi, May 13, 2023.

1. Dolby Atmos sound issues using a soundbar with HDMI/ARC pass through?

I have a dolby atmos soundbar linked up to my xbox using the HDMI/ARC so it is hooked up correctly I've tried to switch the cable round just to make sure like using the opposite ends, for some reason the dolby atmos doesn't work half the time i have to power cycle my xbox series x power off my soundbar then retry even then it doesn't work; the thing is it does work but I'm getting more and more times of it not working on and off sometimes I can hear the audio but it sounds like the atmos hasn't kicked in so I'll reboot everything and it works again.....I love have atmos it's hard to go back to any other sound output after using it has anyone else had similar issues? Also I try to select in settings to put the output as dolby atmos but it won't stay selected after I move screens and the pass through option is selected so the dolby atmos app recognises it each time I test it am at a loss :/

submitted by /u/The_Real_Delpoi
    [link] [comments]

/u/The_Real_Delpoi, May 13, 2023
  2. ArminatorX Win User

How do i connect my xbox one s to my tv to still get 4k picture but at the same time connect it to my soundbar to get dolby atmos sound

It seems that your TV supports Audio Return Channel (ARC). However, on the TV's specification page I don't see if it supports Dolby Atmos through ARC.

If your TV is capable to send Dolby Atmos via ARC, you'd connect your Xbox to a 4K capable HDMI port OTHER than the HDMI ARC port on your TV.

You will then get 4K resolution on the TV screen, and the TV would "forward" audio via the Audio Return Channel to the sound bar. If supported, this will then be Dolby Atmos.

It seems that the Soundbar doesn't support 4K pass through. So either you would need a new TV that supports Dolby Atmos via ARC, or a new soundbar or AV receiver that supports 4K video.
  3. SzymonMackiewicz Win User

Dolby Atmos erorr 0x80bd0009.

With your setup Atmos cannot.be setup through HDMI. For this to work the sound passes through your tv (HDMI ARC to TV and then TV to sound system) which you said your tv doesn't support. Btw the Xbox doesnt support ARC connections either. The only
    way this is going to work is if it is supported by your tv as it must pass through your tv. Unfortunately optical connection doesn't support Atmos either.
    can you help me? because I have connected consoles for soundbar up to hdmi 1 and soundbar connected to tv using hdmi arc and still do not have sound Dolby atmos, the same message pops up. write me what should I do? and is it the fault of the microsoft?
  4. EggsBoxJuan Win User

How do you set up dolby atmos on xbox one without getting this error code 0x80bd0009

I just took a quick look at the user manual for that soundbar, you'd need the Xbox connected to the HDMI in port on the soundbar, that's the HDMI port on the right as you look at the back of your soundbar. Then take an HDMI lead from the other HDMI port
    on the soundbar to your Tv's ARC enabled HDMI port if it has one.

This is what the user manual states.

1. Connect HDMI IN jack on the back of the unit to HDMI OUT jack on the external device such as Blu-ray disc player, DVD player, etc
    <<< ( This would in your case be your Xbox HDMI out port ). 2. Connect HDMI OUT (TV ARC) jack on the back of the unit to HDMI IN (ARC) jack on the TV. 3. Set the input source to HDMI IN or OPT/HDMI ARC. Press repeatedly F on the remote control
    or F on the unit until the function is selected. - If you select HDMI IN you can hear the sound from the external device. Select it when playing the external device. - If you select OPT/HDMI ARC, you can hear the sound from your TV. Select it when watching
    the TV. You can see “DOLBY ATMOS”on the display window if connecting normally between this sound bar and your TV and DOLBY ATMOS contents is played.

Do you see Dolby Atmos on the display of your soundbar at all ? There is no manual way to select Dolby Atmos on your soundbar it seems.

You do have the Dolby Access app on your Xbox ? That allows you to use Dolby Atmos on the Xbox One.

https://www.microsoft.com/p/dolby-access/9n0866fs04w8?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

You don't need to pay for that to use home theatre only if you plan on using it for Dolby Atmos on your headphones.
  5. ArminatorX Win User

ATMOS on most recent Xbox One X

First of all:

While you DO need the Atmos App, you do NOT need to buy it, unless you want to use the Atmos for Headphones feature.

With your Atmos soundbar, you already paid the Dolby Atmos licensing fee, and the free App is sufficient to play Atmos sound via your soundbar.

However:

Getting sound through your TV and the soundbar depends on a lot of factors. Including on how you connect console, TV and soundbar together.

The trouble is, that some TV's don't support Dolby Atmos via their ARC (Audio Return Channel), so if you connect the console to the TV, the TV can't send Atmos sound coming from the HDMI input from the console to the soundbar. So also check if your TV's
    ARC is capable to support Dolby Atmos.

Alternatively some soundbars allow you to plug your console into the soundbar, and the soundbar forwards the video to the TV. That way you would probably get Atmos sound, but some Soundbars are unable to forward 4K HDR video to the TV.

So if bad comes to worse, you might have to exchange your TV as well as the soundbar. So please check with Samsung if both your TV and soundbar are REALLY capable of what you expect (i.e. 4K video as well as Atmos pass through).
  6. JAWA78 Win User

Xbox One X 4k & HDR not working through Soundbar with pass-thru

Ok... wow after a few frustrating hours I have it.

First. Im running

Q80R tv

Q90R soundbar

Xbox one X

Connected.

Xbox hdmi out into soundbar hdmi 1

Soundbar hdmi arc to tv hdmi arc

Settings

Soundbar set to hdmi 1

Xbox - video settings

- most video mode check boxes on

- res = 4k

- fidelity and overides are default

- pretty much all green ticks in 4k tv details

Xbox - audio settings

- hdmi audio = bitstream out

- bitsream format = Dolby atmos

Tv

- source = soundbar

* note that in sound settings, expert settings the output says PCM but no need to pay attention since the source is the Xbox, nothing going from tv. If u flick to to a tv app like Netflix running on tv then it will change to atmos and send atmos to the
    soundbar from tv.

Things I got wrong :)

- firmware latest on soundbar. I read a few posts about pass through not working on old firmware.

- the hdmi cable I was using for arc wasnt v1.4 cable. Seems that makes a difference... i had a v1.3 and nothing. A v1.4 comes with the q90r soundbar, use it for the arc connection.

Finally... how do I know it works.... I downloaded atmos test .mp4 from the Dolby website onto usb played on Xbox. No doubt... very happy :)
Thema:

Dolby Atmos sound issues using a soundbar with HDMI/ARC pass through?

1. Dolby Atmos sound issues using a soundbar with HDMI/ARC pass through? - Similar Threads - Dolby Atmos sound

2. Dolby Atmos and Xbox One S disconnecting issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dolby Atmos and Xbox One S disconnecting issue: I am having a problem with my setup. The TV and the Xbox One S detect each other perfectly for Dolby Atmos - and it shows the sign when it's on - but every two or so minutes, the sound cuts out...
  3. Dolby Atmos for headphones issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dolby Atmos for headphones issue: Hi all, Recently bought the Microsoft Wireless Headset for my Series X . I paid for the for Dolby Atmos app but I am having an extremely annoying issue with the licence. It keeps advising that I...
  4. Dolby Atmos not detecting compatible reciever over eARC (Via TV)

in XboX Insiders
    Dolby Atmos not detecting compatible reciever over eARC (Via TV): i have Samsung HW-Q930C/ZF and Samsung QLED 4K 2019 65Q64R, my XBOX SERIES X not dettect option dolby atmos not appear submitted by /u/Zaborks [link] [comments]
  5. Dolby Atmos for home theater not upmixing stereo games correctly

in XboX Insiders
    Dolby Atmos for home theater not upmixing stereo games correctly: I was playing Inside and I notice that the upmixer only sends audio to the height channels, center and surround channels are blank with no audio. submitted by /u/jay23738 [link] [comments]
  6. Why are all threads in regards to 4K HDR 120Hz and Dolby Atmos cutouts all locked?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why are all threads in regards to 4K HDR 120Hz and Dolby Atmos cutouts all locked?: Here's an example of one that's locked that I chimed in on. Over 16,000 people viewed and you STILL haven't acknowledged or resolved the issue. Which is ****....
  7. Does anyone know if Microsoft has been looking into fixing the audio delay with dolby atmos...

in XBoX on Windows
    Does anyone know if Microsoft has been looking into fixing the audio delay with dolby atmos...: https://www.purexbox.com/news/2023/08/digital-foundry-highlights-dolby-atmos-issues-on-xbox-playground-games-engineer-responds Just curious if anyone knows whether this has actually been looked...
  8. Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos issues, STILL IN 2024

in XboX Insiders
    Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos issues, STILL IN 2024: For me, Atmos still has a 500 miliseconds delay and Dolby Vision for games just doesn't work, it only displays Dolby Vision content but none of the compatible games. What do we have to do to use...
  9. Dolby Atmos suddenly stopped working on Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Windows
    Dolby Atmos suddenly stopped working on Xbox Series X: So as the title mentioned, dolby atmos suddenly stopped working on my xbox series x. Going into the settings, it still shows 'green tick' on dolby atmos supported tv. I have tested dolby atmos...
  10. Any word at all on Dolby Atmos audio lag?

in XboX Insiders
    Any word at all on Dolby Atmos audio lag?: I posted on this some time ago so I thought I'd give the issue another bump. PlayStation since they implemented Dolby Atmos has had zero problems with audio lag either through receiver or earc...