Dolby Atmos on Xbox Series X cutting out through Denon soundbar

Discus and support Dolby Atmos on Xbox Series X cutting out through Denon soundbar in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have Dolby Atmos for home theatre set up on my xbox series x, and when I play a blu-ray audio disc in Dolby Atmos, the sound is cutting out or... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Bodhi Rockatansky, Oct 7, 2022.

1. Dolby Atmos on Xbox Series X cutting out through Denon soundbar

I have Dolby Atmos for home theatre set up on my xbox series x, and when I play a blu-ray audio disc in Dolby Atmos, the sound is cutting out or skipping.

I have noticed people as far back as 2021 reporting the same problem and no fix for it, I just spent £350 on the soundbar as it has Dolby Atmos on it but I can't get it to work with xbox, even when I play games the audio cuts out and I have to change the setting to Dolby Digital.

This is no good for when I play audio only blu-rays in Dolby Atmos and if this can't be sorted by Microsoft, then I will have to pay another £150 to buy a 4KUHD Blu-ray player which has Dolby Atmos on it.

I was going to pay the £14 on the xbox store to download the Dolby Atmos For Headphones app, but I'm guessing that won't sort out my problem.

:)

Bodhi Rockatansky, Oct 7, 2022
  2. Bodhi Rockatansky Win User

It doesn't matter cos all the questions you ask are too much hassle to reply to.

I am not made of money so no I haven't got another soundbar to try on but even through my TV speakers, the audio cuts out.
  3. Kathy A. Win User

Hello Bodhi Rockatansky,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we will be considering your issue resolved. If you do need further help, please create a new thread to discuss those concerns as we will not be monitoring this thread going forward.

Thank you for understanding.

Regards,

4. Kathy A. Win User

Hello Bodhi Rockatansky,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well.

Based on your description, you encounter an issue trying to play a Blu-ray audio disc on Xbox Series X. Let us check on this together and sort this out in timely manner.

We would like to further isolate your concern in order to get a better understanding.

1. Have you tried playing the disc on a different sound bar connected to your Xbox Series X? or use a DVD player to play the disc?
    2. Do you have issues playing Blu-ray game disc on Xbox Series X? Would you mind providing a list of the game titles?
    3. May we ask for a screen recording of the issue? Please send the recording on private message, click here: Private Message.
    4. May we ask for what is the title of Blu-ray audio disc you are trying to play?
    5. What troubleshooting steps you have done so far?
    These support article has a list of troubleshooting related to disc:

Troubleshoot Xbox disc game installation | Xbox Support

Troubleshoot problems playing a disc | Xbox Support

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  5. Gonzo562 Win User

Xbox One X Periodic Audio Cut Out - SJ9 & Atmos

I have the same problem, but my Xbox One X pushes Dolby Atmos to non Dolby Atmos movies. Also my Xbox pushes out HDR to non HDR movies. It's very frustrating that the sound cuts in n out even when I play Shadow of The Tomb Raider that's Dolby Atmos. Even
    Avengers Infinity War sound cuts in n out. Since I have a Geek Squad warranty, I took my LG SJ9 to Best Buy. They tested all Dolby Atmos scenarios and never once did they have a problem with the soundbar in Dolby Atmos mode cutting in n out. There's something
    wrong with the Dolby Atmos signal the Xbox One X uses that the SJ9 has problems decoding.
  6. AndriySemenyuk Win User

Netflix Not Outputting Dolby Atmos On Xbox One

I have had the same issue with Netflix and Apple TV (a few months), no Dolby Atmos, although there is a label Dolby Atmos at the title and chosen track with Dolby Atmos in the application. My AVR shows a PCM input signal for this application.

My setup is: Xbox Series X - Denon AVR X3700H - TV Samsung 75Q80T
Thema:

1. Dolby Atmos on Xbox Series X cutting out through Denon soundbar - Similar Threads - Dolby Atmos Series

2. Dolby Atmos and Xbox One S disconnecting issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dolby Atmos and Xbox One S disconnecting issue: I am having a problem with my setup. The TV and the Xbox One S detect each other perfectly for Dolby Atmos - and it shows the sign when it's on - but every two or so minutes, the sound cuts out...
  3. Dolby Atmos suddenly stopped working on Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Windows
    Dolby Atmos suddenly stopped working on Xbox Series X: So as the title mentioned, dolby atmos suddenly stopped working on my xbox series x. Going into the settings, it still shows 'green tick' on dolby atmos supported tv. I have tested dolby atmos...
  4. Dolby Atmos not working on Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Windows
    Dolby Atmos not working on Xbox Series X: Hello, I tried researching this topic and root causing my issue but I'm still not able to hear audio when I set my receiver to Dolby Atmos. I have a new Denon receiver (AVR-S760S) and an Xnoc...
  5. Dolby Atmos Issue (Series X Rear Channels)

in XBoX on Windows
    Dolby Atmos Issue (Series X Rear Channels): Something has changed with Dolby Atmos on my Series X. The test tone plays fine, Atmos films and native Atmos games play fine, but anything that isn't native Atmos (where the app/Xbox is...
  6. Series X Dolby Atmos not working on Phillips OLED 708/12 Google TV

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X Dolby Atmos not working on Phillips OLED 708/12 Google TV: Hi I have a setup which works fine with Dolby Atmos from netflix or any other app that supports Atmos (like Disney+) for example...but not on the Xbox. Despite option being enabled there is no...
  7. Xbox Series X not outputting Dolby Atmos for 4k Blurays

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Series X not outputting Dolby Atmos for 4k Blurays: My receiver tells me the audio format that it is receiving from components. It says Dolby Atmos from my Xbox Series X when I play games and stream Netflix. However, when I put in a 4k Bluray and...
  8. Why won’t Dolby atmos launch on my series s?.

in XBoX on Windows
    Why won’t Dolby atmos launch on my series s?.: I’ve used it before without any issues but since last night it’s been failing to launch. It sits on the opening screen like it’s loading but never loads. I’ve never had this issue and yes I’ve...
  9. Dolby atmos for home theater not working on my Xbox series s

in XBoX on Windows
    Dolby atmos for home theater not working on my Xbox series s: Hi, I’m just bought the xbox series s, my tv and sound bar is support Dolby atmos. Sound bar is sonos ARC plug with hdmi arc port at tv. I have try to select dolby atmos for home theater (hdmi...
  10. Dolby Atmos audio delay or entirely missing on Xbox Series X via TV's eARC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Dolby Atmos audio delay or entirely missing on Xbox Series X via TV's eARC: Hi there, I have now a new LG OLED C2 TV with which I want to take advantage of some of the Series X features such as 120 Hz and VRR. And I have a Samsung Q950T Dolby Atmos soundbar that I...