Dolby Atmos on 4k Blu-rays not working

Discus and support Dolby Atmos on 4k Blu-rays not working in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Anyone else having issues with dobly atmos not playing through the bluray app on the xbox series x on the alpha skip ahead preview? All my settings... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Few-Town-9715, Dec 29, 2022.

1. Dolby Atmos on 4k Blu-rays not working

Anyone else having issues with dobly atmos not playing through the bluray app on the xbox series x on the alpha skip ahead preview?

All my settings are the same (atmos for home theatre selected and pass through to my Samsung HW-Q800A)

Audio fine when playing games and navigating through the bluray menu just not on the film and the test part of the setup process works too playing all the different channels also

submitted by /u/Few-Town-9715
    [link] [comments]

/u/Few-Town-9715, Dec 29, 2022
  2. RAZORLIGHTMike Win User

Xbox One S Dolby Atmos Support

Hi guys i have just bought a dolby atmos sound bar but now the 4k blu ray says no hdr device.

The picture is much worse as minus hdr but the sound is very decent.

My set up is

tv 55 sony xe90

xbox one S

sony ht xf9000 dolby atmos virtual surround bar and sub woofer

+ 4k blu ray.

all cables 2.0 hdmi.

Any ideas why now it wont play 4k blu ray in HDR?
  3. KTM192AK Win User

Xbox One X, Dolby Atmos Not Working, Makes Distorted Crackling Sound

Update:

I have now tried a 4K Blu-ray disk and can confirm that Dolby Atmos works with it. I used the AVR Key so HDR would go to my LG OLED TV and the Dolby Atmos Sound would go to my non-HDCP2.2 Marantz SR7009 Receiver. I now believe the problem is with the Dolby
    Access App and not with the Xbox One X's operating system itself since the 4K Blu-ray would send its own Dolby Atmos track to the receiver bypassing the Dolby Access App. Where with Games and the Demo's in the Dolby Access App are using that App to process
    the Dolby Atmos signal. Thus I believe it is a problem with the Dolby Access App, but i don't know how that ties into the operating system or how the Blu-ray player app integrates with the Xbox's operating system or bypasses it because of that pass-through
    setting that lets the receiver process the Atmos Signal. Either way I have concluded there is nothing more I can do, it's definitely an issue with either the operating system or Dolby Access App having compatibility issues.
  4. Mister Beep Win User

Dolby atmos not working

Do you have a Dolby Atmos compatible receiver, sound bar, or speaker system? If you do, have you changed the settings within 'Disc & Blu-ray settings' on your Xbox One to enable 'Let my receiver decode audio'? Currently Dolby Atmos is only supported within
    the Blu-ray app for Dolby Atmos compatible Blu-Ray movies.

Keep us posted!
  5. Brian Weston Win User

ATMOS and DTSX Support.

I agree Dolby Atmos would be great. I have been thinking about getting and Xbox One S for playing 4K Blu Ray. But at have not because it does not support this.
  6. BUSA1963 Win User

Dolby vision in the Netflix app

I have an LG oled c7 and watch netflix trough webOs .

By doing it this way you should get Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos.

Microsoft will roll out an sofware update for netflix Dolby Vision shortly.

For the moment Dolby Vision is not supported on the Netflix app via Xbox.

I hope they also update the blu ray player shortly because there is much more content available on 4k uhd blu ray.
Thema:

Dolby Atmos on 4k Blu-rays not working

1. Dolby Atmos on 4k Blu-rays not working - Similar Threads - Dolby Atmos Blu

2. Dolby Atmos and Xbox One S disconnecting issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dolby Atmos and Xbox One S disconnecting issue: I am having a problem with my setup. The TV and the Xbox One S detect each other perfectly for Dolby Atmos - and it shows the sign when it's on - but every two or so minutes, the sound cuts out...
  3. Dolby Atmos for headphones issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dolby Atmos for headphones issue: Hi all, Recently bought the Microsoft Wireless Headset for my Series X . I paid for the for Dolby Atmos app but I am having an extremely annoying issue with the licence. It keeps advising that I...
  4. Dolby Atmos not detecting compatible reciever over eARC (Via TV)

in XboX Insiders
    Dolby Atmos not detecting compatible reciever over eARC (Via TV): i have Samsung HW-Q930C/ZF and Samsung QLED 4K 2019 65Q64R, my XBOX SERIES X not dettect option dolby atmos not appear submitted by /u/Zaborks [link] [comments]
  5. Dolby Atmos for home theater not upmixing stereo games correctly

in XboX Insiders
    Dolby Atmos for home theater not upmixing stereo games correctly: I was playing Inside and I notice that the upmixer only sends audio to the height channels, center and surround channels are blank with no audio. submitted by /u/jay23738 [link] [comments]
  6. Why are all threads in regards to 4K HDR 120Hz and Dolby Atmos cutouts all locked?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why are all threads in regards to 4K HDR 120Hz and Dolby Atmos cutouts all locked?: Here's an example of one that's locked that I chimed in on. Over 16,000 people viewed and you STILL haven't acknowledged or resolved the issue. Which is ****....
  7. Does anyone know if Microsoft has been looking into fixing the audio delay with dolby atmos...

in XBoX on Windows
    Does anyone know if Microsoft has been looking into fixing the audio delay with dolby atmos...: https://www.purexbox.com/news/2023/08/digital-foundry-highlights-dolby-atmos-issues-on-xbox-playground-games-engineer-responds Just curious if anyone knows whether this has actually been looked...
  8. Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos issues, STILL IN 2024

in XboX Insiders
    Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos issues, STILL IN 2024: For me, Atmos still has a 500 miliseconds delay and Dolby Vision for games just doesn't work, it only displays Dolby Vision content but none of the compatible games. What do we have to do to use...
  9. Dolby Atmos suddenly stopped working on Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Windows
    Dolby Atmos suddenly stopped working on Xbox Series X: So as the title mentioned, dolby atmos suddenly stopped working on my xbox series x. Going into the settings, it still shows 'green tick' on dolby atmos supported tv. I have tested dolby atmos...
  10. Any word at all on Dolby Atmos audio lag?

in XboX Insiders
    Any word at all on Dolby Atmos audio lag?: I posted on this some time ago so I thought I'd give the issue another bump. PlayStation since they implemented Dolby Atmos has had zero problems with audio lag either through receiver or earc...