Dolby Atmos & DTS:X surround formats

Discus and support Dolby Atmos & DTS:X surround formats in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; First off, why hasn’t Microsoft answered the 2 year old question below, which is my same issue, and apparently over 100+ others too?!?!... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Sean Munoz, Dec 5, 2022.

1. Sean Munoz
    Sean Munoz Guest

First off, why hasn’t Microsoft answered the 2 year old question below, which is my same issue, and apparently over 100+ others too?!?!

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...on-atmos/81a9f11e-53d7-4c79-9b6c-0113950d60db

People that connect their Xbox to high end AVRs want the AVR itself to detect and decode the audio stream, not have the Xbox apply the same user chosen audio format regardless of content. That makes NO SENSE!

Microsoft, please acknowledge this issue and provide guidance on how we can resolve. Thank you.

:)

Sean Munoz, Dec 5, 2022
  2. TripleTopper321 Win User

DTS and L:CPM encodede movie discs on Xbox One's Dolby Atmos Headphone app

My main quesition is of inputs ad outputs> Trutle beach headphones in the 360 era took Dolby 5.1 inputs and made then Dolby Headphone Output, and was an external device that also wokred in TVs and mobvies players... aslonga as the source was Dlby sound
    in. DTS didn't get coded at all, and LPCM beyond 2.0 wouldn't fit in a Toslinlk.

The Turtle Beach DTS:X headphones had DTS 2-track headpone surround outputs, but onl\y accepted Dolby-based inputs, so I can't decode Blu Rays in DTS and expec a surround sound.

It seems to me that Dolby Atmos inputs like Blu Rays sound better in dolby Atmos Headphones than DT5 5.1-DTS 7.1, L:pVM 5.1-7.1, and even "lesser dolby modes" 5.1-7.1

Is the Dolby Atmod Headepho0ne app suposed to take ANY of the 3flkavors and tuen them into Dolby Headphone? Or does it only work wiht Dolby Atmos movies? meaing you haver swithc the settings on every non-Atmos disc.

Finally is thee such a ting as a 2-channel headphone surround encoder that takes ANY of the brands and flavords of sound formats and send out 2-yttrack, surround heapdhone f some sort of format. I'd like that for the upstairs TV. Too many DTS movies sound
    lackluster and 70% f our BD/3D colection is DTS.

I knw Sony heaadhones have a Doly and DTS input and sound better than pure uncoded 2-track LPCM, but it doesn;t sound as good as Xbox's DTS-> dDolby conversions and then letting the Turetle Beach encode it in 2-Track surrouud headphone. (By the way, does Xbox
    One do LPCM 7.1-> Dolby 7.1 ?)
  3. TripleTopper321 Win User

Why doesn't headphone mode switch based on sound input format?

I know the Dolby Atmos headphone app works directly on Dolby Atmos preprocessing. Sinilarly the GTS X app works preprocessing.

How hard is it to write the logic saying this:

If preprocessed audio is a Dolby format, just use Dolby Atmos headphone app.

If preprocessed audio is DTS format, just use DTS X headphone app.

If preprocessed audio is lpcm, then use Windows Sonic headphone app

I wanted to work exactly like my Turtle Beach DSS except is more flexible and can handle higher Dolby soundtracks and DTS and lpcm.

I assume the Turtle Beach DSS worked directly on Dolby 5.1 from the Toslink port.

I would do it myself except it doesn't do DTS at all any justice.

I'm relying on my headphone app to give me directions because I don't have a big enough or symmetrical enough room to house a communal system. Plus communal surround sound systems are very expensive at the most basic $200 for just the decoder plus $100 for each speaker plus the wire and stuff like that. Versus 35 bucks regular price for a Dolby app and a DTS app. And the windows Sonic app is given for free for lpcm stuff.

When I do Dolby or DTS headphone app it overrides the preprocessing and directly converts Dolby connunal into Dolby headphone and DTS connunal into DTS headphone.

All you do is move the conditional up if you're doing best match. You just select the best headphones format before you decode into lpcm.
  4. TripleTopper321 Win User

Why doesn't Xbox "Autoswitch" between Dolby Atmos Headphobe, DTS Headphone X, and Windows Sonic?

Hello, if you think Dolby Atmos, DTS and LPCM are 3D formats: then you don't know the technical aspects of physical movies.

Close but no cigar.

It does deal with 3d, but it's spatial AUDIO not video.

Most audiophiles have "communal surround sound" which is speakers and a converter box. They convert Dolby and DTS into LPCM and pipe surround sound directly into speakers

However headphone users have to convert surround sound into surround headphone sound directly. Dolby headphones converts Dolby encoded movie and ONLY Dolby ones into headphone surround. Same with DTS.

If you try to mix formats, like decoding DTS discs with a Dolby decoder or vice versa, the results are flat, muted, and unrelated to the 3d space of the movie.

Headphone users have to match for type. Unless you can give me a reason why "Always Dolby" or "Always DTS" is a good idea, there is no reason those options ARE available, yet "Match Media" is not an option.

Match Media should be the default, and not an option we have to moan and b***h over. If both Dolby Labs and the DTS makers say it's best to keep likes together, and they don't even try to decode the other company's language, and physical disc releases come in all 3 varieties: Dolby, DTS, and LPCM, then why is "Match Media" not AN option, let alone the DEFAULT option?
  5. Goofy19781 Win User

Atmos Problem

Dolby Surround is a upscaler from a not atmos source like 5.1 or 2.0 to surround with use of al your speakers like 5.1.2 or higher.

dts neuralx is the same upscaling system from dts

You had no problem with atmos, you think you had.

Now with the new firmware update the xbox one x is a broken thing with netflix

With a non atmos source the receiver must do the upscaling but now the xbox puts out a 2.0 or 5.1 stream in a atmos package, and no sound is comming out your atmos speakers.
  6. Goofy19781 Win User

New update causes avr Dolby atmos problem

Yes i have the same problem with the one x with netflix.

The atmos logo is always on in the display but there is no sound from al the speakers with a 5.1 or 2.0 source.

With a non atmos source the receiver can upscale with dolby surround or dts neural x so it must be.

Blu ray works fine without atmos pushing so the receiver can do the upscaling.
Thema:

1. Dolby Atmos & DTS:X surround formats - Similar Threads - Dolby Atmos DTS

2. Dolby Atmos and Xbox One S disconnecting issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dolby Atmos and Xbox One S disconnecting issue: I am having a problem with my setup. The TV and the Xbox One S detect each other perfectly for Dolby Atmos - and it shows the sign when it's on - but every two or so minutes, the sound cuts out...
  3. Dolby Atmos for headphones issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dolby Atmos for headphones issue: Hi all, Recently bought the Microsoft Wireless Headset for my Series X . I paid for the for Dolby Atmos app but I am having an extremely annoying issue with the licence. It keeps advising that I...
  4. Dolby Atmos not detecting compatible reciever over eARC (Via TV)

in XboX Insiders
    Dolby Atmos not detecting compatible reciever over eARC (Via TV): i have Samsung HW-Q930C/ZF and Samsung QLED 4K 2019 65Q64R, my XBOX SERIES X not dettect option dolby atmos not appear submitted by /u/Zaborks [link] [comments]
  5. Dolby Atmos for home theater not upmixing stereo games correctly

in XboX Insiders
    Dolby Atmos for home theater not upmixing stereo games correctly: I was playing Inside and I notice that the upmixer only sends audio to the height channels, center and surround channels are blank with no audio. submitted by /u/jay23738 [link] [comments]
  6. Why are all threads in regards to 4K HDR 120Hz and Dolby Atmos cutouts all locked?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why are all threads in regards to 4K HDR 120Hz and Dolby Atmos cutouts all locked?: Here's an example of one that's locked that I chimed in on. Over 16,000 people viewed and you STILL haven't acknowledged or resolved the issue. Which is ****....
  7. Does anyone know if Microsoft has been looking into fixing the audio delay with dolby atmos...

in XBoX on Windows
    Does anyone know if Microsoft has been looking into fixing the audio delay with dolby atmos...: https://www.purexbox.com/news/2023/08/digital-foundry-highlights-dolby-atmos-issues-on-xbox-playground-games-engineer-responds Just curious if anyone knows whether this has actually been looked...
  8. Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos issues, STILL IN 2024

in XboX Insiders
    Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos issues, STILL IN 2024: For me, Atmos still has a 500 miliseconds delay and Dolby Vision for games just doesn't work, it only displays Dolby Vision content but none of the compatible games. What do we have to do to use...
  9. Dolby Atmos suddenly stopped working on Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Windows
    Dolby Atmos suddenly stopped working on Xbox Series X: So as the title mentioned, dolby atmos suddenly stopped working on my xbox series x. Going into the settings, it still shows 'green tick' on dolby atmos supported tv. I have tested dolby atmos...
  10. Dolby Atmos and DTS issues Xbox 1

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dolby Atmos and DTS issues Xbox 1: I was playing Call of Duty MW2 this evening (May 3, 2023) and everything worked fine. Then it stopped. I uninstalled the apps, reinstalled them, restarted my xbox a few times, but the key issue...