Does Xbox One X do an "echo test"?

Discus and support Does Xbox One X do an "echo test"? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I see from my router that my Xbox One X is communicating to 20.83.102.213 and the payload contains "Xbox One Echo Test". Is this something that Xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by MarkTiede, Feb 21, 2023.

1. MarkTiede
    MarkTiede Guest

I see from my router that my Xbox One X is communicating to 20.83.102.213 and the payload contains "Xbox One Echo Test".

Is this something that Xbox One X normally does? Or is something trying to find out if my Xbox One X can respond to them?

:)

MarkTiede, Feb 21, 2023
  2. iTsFx Win User

Hello, I'm Felipe and I'm an independent Community Advisor, and I'll do my best to help you.

Yes, the Xbox One X performs an "echo test" to check the quality of the network connection. This test sends a small packet of data to a Microsoft server and then waits for a response to confirm that the data was received. The purpose of this test is to detect any latency or packet loss issues that could impact online gaming performance.

The IP address you mentioned, 20.83.102.213, is a legitimate IP address associated with Xbox Live services, so there's no need to worry about it being a malicious connection attempt. It's possible that your router is simply displaying this information as part of its monitoring capabilities.
  3. MarkTiede Win User

How do you know that address is Xbox service?
  4. Tezzerrific Win User

that is a microsoft IP address and is located in the US, it is part of normal communications for the xbox live network.
  5. Mister Cazador Win User

Strange Mic Static in chat

Hi there ADeadlyFlamingo,

In addition to what Mrs Assassin13 suggested, if you try a Skype Echo test , do you still experience the static noise with
    your headset?

Are you experiencing constant static noise when others are speaking to you in an Xbox party? If so, our party audio steps may be able to help out
    as well.
  6. GreenHawk84 Win User

Xbox One X Freesync Horizontal Lines

I was able to chat with Samsung today. They are claiming it is the Xbox One X that has the issue. I may have to test my friend's Xbox One X to see if his also does this.
Thema:

1. Does Xbox One X do an "echo test"? - Similar Threads - Does echo test

2. Does Microsoft even care? Quality across the board is horrendous.

in XboX Insiders
    Does Microsoft even care? Quality across the board is horrendous.: Ive seen countless consumer feedback negatively reviewing microsoft and xbox as a brand nowadays. The UI is uninspired, continuously redundant, and filled with ads to the point that it’s ugly and...
  3. Why does black ops three automatically set my nat type to strict?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does black ops three automatically set my nat type to strict?: I am trying to play some black ops three zombies with my friends but I cannot join them because bo3 says my nat type is strict. But when I go to my Xbox's network settings it says open and all...
  4. when you complete a task in minecraft but does not give a code what do you do?

in XBoX on Windows
    when you complete a task in minecraft but does not give a code what do you do?: I did these tasks that give you items and minecoins but I did not get the coins it has? bb87f0b9-be24-4578-9c20-4e75c285374b
  5. Does limited warranty cover any case damage?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does limited warranty cover any case damage?: The bottom panel and back panel broke off my xbox series s and its causing massive overheating and i cant play any games or even watch youtube for that matter. Does limited warranty cover this?...
  6. Does clearing a cache in 2024 for a 360 resolve the error code 80151006

in XBoX on Windows
    Does clearing a cache in 2024 for a 360 resolve the error code 80151006: So recently set up my old 360 and ran into the error code 80151006 I found a old post from 2013 saying to clear your cache I was wondering if that would still apply now in 2024 or would there be...
  7. What does the exp do when I finish quest

in XboX Insiders
    What does the exp do when I finish quest: Just wondering if it does anything submitted by /u/Enderrbean [link] [comments]
  8. Why does the Xbox game bar not let me talk to my friends in a party.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does the Xbox game bar not let me talk to my friends in a party.: I'm not able to talk to my friends in a party chat while I'm on computer It pops up a message that states this "Background apps permissions for Xbox are turned off. Other may not be able to hear...
  9. My xbox 360 console does not let me log in to my xbox live how can i be able to log in or...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox 360 console does not let me log in to my xbox live how can i be able to log in or...: How do i log in my xbox 360 account since it dont let me? fa880fd0-2680-4dc3-999d-21aef2bd8008
  10. How does my friend fix my voice echoing back to me through them in Xbox Discord link?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How does my friend fix my voice echoing back to me through them in Xbox Discord link?: How does my friend fix my voice echoing back to me through them in Xbox Discord link? Neither of us know anything about headsets and Xbox, and this is the first time we've tried using this (I'm on...