does xbox count the UK as part of the EU

Discus and support does xbox count the UK as part of the EU in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I'm having trouble getting a definitive answer on this. As for as xbox regions are concerned, is the UK part of the EU? A list of countries that xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by xtf4, Nov 12, 2020.

  1. xtf4
    xtf4 Guest

    does xbox count the UK as part of the EU


    I'm having trouble getting a definitive answer on this. As for as xbox regions are concerned, is the UK part of the EU?

    A list of countries that xbox consider part of the EU would be a great answer as well. Please do not tell me to match my xbox region to the region I'm in, it is. I am in the UK and don't intend to change that I just don't know if xbox considers this in
    the EU or not. Also, if you know and if it is, for xbox live would the UK still be considered part of the EU after the UK leaves the EU? I don't want to get a yes now, buy 12 month gold and find it only works for 2 months.

    :)
     
  2. xtf4 Win User

    does xbox count the UK as part of the EU

    Thanks for answering, the Problem is I've seen EU and UK cards. A lot of places don't seem to have the UK in stock but they do have EU cards and my subscription runs out in 2 hours. The only place that has a UK card is charging £5 more for it than the
    EU card. It's only £5 but I don't really wan to pay more if I don't have to.
  3. Smwutches Win User

    does xbox count the UK as part of the EU

    I'm not sure if Xbox considers it part of the EU, but when they refer to regions as in region locked content or something like that, they are referring to countries specifically. If you buy a code that's for the UK, it'll work for the UK whether they are
    part of the EU or not. If you were to buy a region locked code made for France but you're in Germany, it wouldn't work because you're in different countries even though they're both part of the EU.
  4. ngocphi Win User

    does xbox count the UK as part of the EU

    Wont matter

    You need region specific codes.

    As smuwtches said

    If you buy from cdkeys or other phishy providers its on you
  5. yobrizo Win User

    Store region question

    Hello. the means of payment and the store have to match. uk is no longer part of the eu
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

    Can I use EU region Xbox Live Gold in the UK? (2022 update)

    Obviously, the UK is no longer part of the EU (European Union). We can conclude that either Microsft has mistakenly named the European continent or region as EU. This does raise the question why have the UK version in the first place. OR I presume it could be because UK IP addresses may not be isolated away from the EU, especially with the Ireland of Ireland situation.

    If the EU Xbox Live Gold situation ever changes please reply here and please keep this thread open.
    We couldn't tell you as this is largely a community only forum. I doubt that it's due to a mistake on Microsoft's part. Microsoft has a main office in the UK and would be subject to the same trading regulations as any other company. I can't see how the Northern Ireland protocol comes into it.

    A more logical explanation maybe that these codes are just old and have not been changed to reflect the UK exiting the European Union. Which would explain why they work. I would not take that for granted however, new codes may not work.
Thema:

does xbox count the UK as part of the EU

Loading...
  1. does xbox count the UK as part of the EU - Similar Threads - does count part

  2. Question does the new Voice/audio capture feature capture the voices of players on PC or PS5?

    in XboX Insiders
    Question does the new Voice/audio capture feature capture the voices of players on PC or PS5?: I play a lot of cross platform games and something really funny happened so I recorded it and I just heard myself….. I was so sad that the other half of the audio was gone. I was play Arma...
  3. Does trying the update reset your Xbox?

    in XboX Insiders
    Does trying the update reset your Xbox?: I’ve recently been getting super into the Original Xbox recently, and when I heard that the latest update preview allowed people to customize their startup animation, I was hoping to try it so I...
  4. The Achievements panel in the Profile section does not occasionally show achievements

    in XboX Insiders
    The Achievements panel in the Profile section does not occasionally show achievements: El panel de Logros en la sección Perfil a veces no muestra los logros. A veces muestra un error que indica que no se pudo cargar el archivo, otras veces muestra los juegos jugados pero sin logros...
  5. Does forza horizon 2 and 3 work with the disc to digital for anyone

    in XboX Insiders
    Does forza horizon 2 and 3 work with the disc to digital for anyone: I keep getting a popup saying Digital license unavailable, I dont know if its just a bug or if it just doesn't work submitted by /u/LaneT2012 [link] [comments]
  6. Does Game Share work with Disc to Digital games?

    in XboX Insiders
    Does Game Share work with Disc to Digital games?: I asked this elsewhere but I figured I should post it here too. Just curious if Game Share works with disc to digital. My brother in law and I want to try it since we used to game share before....
  7. Why my xbox stats does not count aternos servers?

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why my xbox stats does not count aternos servers?: I have thousands of mob kill count on aternos server but on xbox it only shows a few hundred c42b62aa-e788-45cf-8976-2c636580e376
  8. What should I do when I get an achievement bit it does not count and I do not get the...

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    What should I do when I get an achievement bit it does not count and I do not get the...: Can you pls answer because it is a little annoying. dcfe15cc-b23f-4e23-9eb0-d49a784c7ac3
  9. Why does the time limit I set for my kid in the Xbox Family app keep counting down after my...

    in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does the time limit I set for my kid in the Xbox Family app keep counting down after my...: The bug is happening on an Xbox series S. I have verified multiple times that this happens and I made sure to verify the Xbox stays on after signing out. I've seen this issue reported to Microsoft...
  10. Does power surge count as physical damage to console

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does power surge count as physical damage to console: Was installing a game until my made a popping sound and turned off, it will not turn on at all 391957ee-e124-45b0-a2c0-bdf8632a4e94