Does XBOX 360 controllers still work on XBOX 1's???

Discus and support Does XBOX 360 controllers still work on XBOX 1's??? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Did I just update my controllers out of existence? I dusted off my XBOX1 due to this long home stretch we all have and hadn't played or updated in... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Provini, Mar 29, 2020.

1. Provini
    Provini Guest

Did I just update my controllers out of existence?

I dusted off my XBOX1 due to this long home stretch we all have and hadn't played or updated in seriously like 4 years. After it updated my other older 360 remotes wouldn't connect like they used to. Doesn't even work when I use the 360 adapter and plug
    it in USB.

My 360 remotes DO NOT have the USB to micro-usb like the newer models. They are the original wireless models with the plug and play adapter.

Did they purposely put these controllers out to pasture or what?

I also tried to update or connect on my windows 10 PC....and it doesn't seem to want to recognize 360 controllers either?

Any workarounds or help getting these to work would be appreciated.

B

:)

Provini, Mar 29, 2020
  2. Provini Win User

360 accessories, including controllers, are not backwards compatible with the One. They've never worked with the One.
    Thanks for the quick reply. You're probably right, however I could have sworn that they worked wirelessly at the beginning. It has been a really really long time since I used of my any game consoles I wouldn't bet any amount of money on my answers.

However, I keep seeing videos on youtube from the past where they used the xbox app and plugged in the 360 controller in their PC or laptop and windows 10 recognizes it.

Am I missing something else here, or is this not feasible either?

Thanks again

B
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

However, I keep seeing videos on youtube from the past where they used the xbox app and plugged in the 360 controller in their PC or laptop and windows 10 recognizes it.
    If you're streaming games from an Xbox One to a PC, the PC can play the games with either a Xbox One or a 360 controller. But the Xbox One can not use 360 peripherals connected directly to it.

And of course PC gamers (like me) can use whatever controller we like with Windows.
  4. Smwutches Win User

360 accessories, including controllers, are not backwards compatible with the One. They've never worked with the One.
  5. smileskybird Win User

Serious Opinions - new xbox controller feelings

I've dropped my console on the carpet floor like over 30 times but under 1,000 anyway, and it's still fine. The Xbox 360 slim 250GB console's wireless controller feels like a behemoth compared to the Xbox 1 which is more sleek. At least there's something
    slim about the Xbox 1. I think the Xbox 1's Kinect may even be thinner/less fat than the Xbox 360 Kinect. To me it looks like they've shrunk the bulk... of Xbox 1's Kinect and controller.
  6. DAmonte33PALLYWOG Win User

All of a sudden 2 Different Headsets for XBOX One S Wired Controller stopped working Cant UnMute Known Issue With no solutions

What is this adapter called and does it work on xbox 1 S and 1X wired jack controllers or just the original first generation xbox one (not s not x) non wired jack input controllers adapter

thanks

Happy New Year
Thema:

1. Does XBOX 360 controllers still work on XBOX 1's??? - Similar Threads - Does 360 controllers

2. Does clearing a cache in 2024 for a 360 resolve the error code 80151006

in XBoX on Windows
    Does clearing a cache in 2024 for a 360 resolve the error code 80151006: So recently set up my old 360 and ran into the error code 80151006 I found a old post from 2013 saying to clear your cache I was wondering if that would still apply now in 2024 or would there be...
  3. My xbox 360 console does not let me log in to my xbox live how can i be able to log in or...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox 360 console does not let me log in to my xbox live how can i be able to log in or...: How do i log in my xbox 360 account since it dont let me? fa880fd0-2680-4dc3-999d-21aef2bd8008
  4. I have an Xbox 360, does the console need any update

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have an Xbox 360, does the console need any update: Does my Xbox 360 console need any updates that I am not aware of 70a07d6f-ae55-4f3c-8c1f-41f88fb585b2
  5. Why does the YouTube app always crash when I try to open it on my 360?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does the YouTube app always crash when I try to open it on my 360?: It looks like it’s loading and then automatically a message pops up saying it is unavailable. Not sure what to do. My internet is fine and I have loads of storage on my console. Tried deleting and...
  6. On Xbox 360, If a game installs to HDD 100% without any problems, does this mean the disc...

in XBoX on Consoles
    On Xbox 360, If a game installs to HDD 100% without any problems, does this mean the disc...: on an Xbox 360, If a game installs to HDD 100% without any problems, does this mean the disc is healthy ? Is this a good way of testing whether a disc is healthy ?...
  7. Why does windows 11 not support xbox 360 wireless adapters for windows.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does windows 11 not support xbox 360 wireless adapters for windows.: I have tried multiple different wireless adapter devices and drivers and reset my computer multiple times in an attempt to use an xbox 360 controller to play rocket league/overcooked but my pc...
  8. Does Microsoft still repair 360 consoles?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does Microsoft still repair 360 consoles?: Flashing red lights error around power button. 610d5d08-7e34-4364-8526-77fb634bb072
  9. Does Xbox 360 beacons still work?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does Xbox 360 beacons still work?: I’m looking at setting up a beacon on Xbox 360 but when l press set beacon it says there’s no recent activity. Is this just a glitch on my end or is beacons impossible to set up now?...
  10. Does anyone have the xbox 360 controller drivers??

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does anyone have the xbox 360 controller drivers??: I was updating my xbox 360 controller but I installed the wrong one and now every time I plug it in to my laptop it says device not working. So does anyone have the files or an device manager...