Does Xbox 1 year limited warranty on Xbox series S cover a broken hdmi port?

Discus and support Does Xbox 1 year limited warranty on Xbox series S cover a broken hdmi port? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello I was wondering if sending my Xbox series s in to Microsoft would they fix my hdmi port under the limited warranty?... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by daniel hurley1, Jan 19, 2023.

1. Does Xbox 1 year limited warranty on Xbox series S cover a broken hdmi port?

Hello I was wondering if sending my Xbox series s in to Microsoft would they fix my hdmi port under the limited warranty?

:)

daniel hurley1, Jan 19, 2023
  2. Ronnieee Win User

Hi there! This is Ronnie, an independent advisor.

Nice to meet you and I hope you are having a great day!

Yes, the warranty will include the broken HDMI port. Please make sure not to send any cables with the console once you send it in.

You can register your console and create a service order here:

https://account.microsoft.com/devices

Please enter the console's serial number and follow the steps.

I hope it helps!
  3. onyxishere Win User

Does xbox warranty cover broken HDMI port

Your best bet here would be to call support and tell them your HDMI port is broken. See what they say.

I do remember reading a while back that someone sent their Kinect Sensor in for a warranty repair after their child broke it accidentally.

1-800-469-9269 in North America
  4. Farscape247 Win User

Xbox Series X Broken HDMI Port

Hi , we’ve had exactly the same problem with our Xbox x so arnt we covered by the warranty? Clearly there a fault on there end if it’s happened to loads of ppl
    if its a broken hdmi port as is the OP original issue which is physical damage then warranty does not apply as its not a fault.

if the hdmi fails to work without physical damage then it can be a fault with the cable, port, or one of 2 chips internally, if its the port or internal then it can be classed as a manufacturing fault which is covered by warranty.
  5. Darhyl Amizola Win User

HDMI port broken on series x. Is this covered?

Hi Jalen! My name is Darhyl and I’d be more than happy to help you with your query.

I'm sorry you are experiencing this with your Xbox Series HDMI port. No worries, let me help you sort this out.

It's important to note that this is a public user-to-user community forum, and none of us here work for Microsoft.

Based on the information I've gathered, I'm afraid that physical/accidental damage would not be covered by the normal limited warranty that comes with the console.

However, if you had purchased the Microsoft complete warranty (which does cover physical/accidental damage) then the repair would be free but otherwise something like that would be a paid repair.

You may also check these links for reference:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...s-i-have/008bb5d6-822e-4b78-bdf9-45cf203dba73

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...dmi-port/c85c87cf-eadc-4c26-a957-96f69e3c91aa

Thank you for your kindness and understanding! Please feel free to let me know if you need anything else.

Best Regards,
    Darhyl
  6. Josh With Dosh Win User

Xbox

Yes the Xbox warranty will cover the HDMI port. As long as your console is still in the warranty.
Thema:

1. Does Xbox 1 year limited warranty on Xbox series S cover a broken hdmi port? - Similar Threads - Does limited warranty

2. Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...: I got Doom Eternal from Gamestop, and it keeps saying the installation stopped for the past three days. I have tried clearing local saved games but that did not work, I tried restarting,...
  3. Why does sound only come from one external speaker when using the optical output?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does sound only come from one external speaker when using the optical output?: I have a pair of speakers plugged into my Xbox One S using the optical port and sound only comes out one side. I’ve already verified that both speakers do work. I’ve tried changing a few settings...
  4. Why does my xbox keep revving and why wont my game install

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox keep revving and why wont my game install: I bought Black Ops III and it’s been installing but it stopped at 93.8% and it said the disk may have been damaged or it is dirty. I cleaned it and put it back in to try again but when i put it in...
  5. Why does xbox like shafting people

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does xbox like shafting people: I get home from a long days work and i turn on my console to see an update for the game i play. It installs then gets stuck at 1.2% finishing things up. I wait about 20 minutes for nothing to...
  6. What does it mean "-9 month" below Microsoft Limited Warranty?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What does it mean "-9 month" below Microsoft Limited Warranty?: When I see my device on website, a Xbox controller, there is a "-9 month" below "Microsoft Limited Warranty". The condition is " In warranty Ends on 2024/1/6". So what is the "-9 month"? Does it...
  7. Why does Xbox call support hang up on ppl and have a max call limit

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does Xbox call support hang up on ppl and have a max call limit: I called Xbox support to help fix a problem and they hung up on me 3 or 4 separate times so I can’t call back cause of the daily limit. Do better microsoft 756882cb-f3f5-4894-a1e3-c96b5eae529e
  8. Why does xbox limit users to such a small range of headset choices?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does xbox limit users to such a small range of headset choices?: Why does xbox limit users to such a small range of headset choices, can you please certify more devices? It's a shame how few new headset models have support for xbox, of course they all work with...
  9. Why does Microsoft consistently mislead about XBox cloud storage limits and and their...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does Microsoft consistently mislead about XBox cloud storage limits and and their...: I am asking this because my autistic 8 year-old daughter loves playing Minecraft on XBox Series X. It's her happy place--where she goes for solace. She spends hours building all kinds of things....
  10. Why does the May 2023 dashboard update limit me to pinning TWO groups to the home page?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does the May 2023 dashboard update limit me to pinning TWO groups to the home page?: I have had several groups on the home page for as long as we've had groups. Just got the update, and it appears to limit me to no more than two groups. This is bad. Nay, it is evil. You put up a...