Does voice chat work for Xbox Cloud in macOS using Safari?

Discus and support Does voice chat work for Xbox Cloud in macOS using Safari? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've tried everything I could think to get this to work but have had no luck. I've made sure that the Xbox website has permission to use the mic on my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Bocephus0, May 22, 2023.

1. Bocephus0
    Bocephus0 Guest

I've tried everything I could think to get this to work but have had no luck. I've made sure that the Xbox website has permission to use the mic on my Macbook but I cannot hear anyone in-game or in party chat and they cannot hear me at all.

The official support page for Xbox Cloud states that voice is currently not supported on iOS or iPad OS:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/games-apps/cloud-gaming/troubleshoot-cloud-gaming-apple

Does this limitation extend to macOS as well...?

I'm using a Macbook Air M2 and Safari is version 16.4 on my machine.

:)

Bocephus0, May 22, 2023
  2. Ronnieee Win User

Hi there! This is Ronnie, an independent advisor.

Nice to meet you and I hope you are having a great day!

I understand you need help using your mic through cloud gaming.

I believe the restrictions also applies on MacOS since they are more likely similar with the other OS for Apple. If your mic is working on other devices or other apps you have on your computer then there is no issue with the mic but it is just not supported unfortunately.
  3. Kambanka Win User

[BUG] Claim It gamertag button not working on some locales (Xbox.com)

Oh, issue is reproducible on:

- Windows 10: Edge, Chrome

- macOS: Safari, Opera
  4. mjharrell_ Win User

Fortnite on Mac via Xbox Cloud Gaming

Hello Josef, Thank you for responding.

To answer your questions, I am using Safari on a MacBook Air running macOS Mojave v. 10.14.6. It is not technically up to date as it is capable of running macOS Catalina, but that OS made it much too slow, so I downgraded to Mojave. It is running the most up to date version of Mojave.

Yes, this is the first time I've tried doing cloud gaming on the Mac. Tried it on an iPhone and it seemed to work very well.

Again, thank you for responding. I will await your reply.
  5. kyle_m4496 Win User

Massive input lag in xbox cloud gaming

Hi Darkmagewarlock. My name is Kyle and I'm an independent advisor.

Please note that Ubuntu and Firefox are not officially supported for Cloud Gaming. See this page for a list of supported browsers and operating systems: https://support.xbox.com/help/games-apps/cloud-gaming/supported_browsers

For desktop, there is only official support for Windows and macOS using Safari, Edge, or Chrome.

Please reach back if you have further questions.
  6. Moe Hashim Win User

Playing on iPad mini 5 on Xbox cloud gaming on fortnite and I cannot turn of touch to play with a controller instead. Please advise?

I also tried Nintendo pro controller and it was the same. Once I launch the fortnite on cloud gaming it does not read the controller. I used Safari on my iPad mini and chrome and also edge and nothing worked. Is it true that for web gaming only Xbox controllers are compatible?
Thema:

1. Does voice chat work for Xbox Cloud in macOS using Safari? - Similar Threads - Does voice chat

2. Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...: I got Doom Eternal from Gamestop, and it keeps saying the installation stopped for the past three days. I have tried clearing local saved games but that did not work, I tried restarting,...
  3. Does anyone know why media playback controls (through mobile and voice command) don't work...

in XBoX on Windows
    Does anyone know why media playback controls (through mobile and voice command) don't work...: Media controls (both through google assistant and mobile app) will not work with paramount plus on Xbox. Does anyone know why? c3624f1e-a08a-45c2-be39-1fda9e8618ba
  4. Why does in game voice chat reporting not pick up the voices

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does in game voice chat reporting not pick up the voices: So this guy was going off, cursing, harassing me and even saying some pretty hateful racial things. I recorded 4 separate videos and when I went to review them for submission I couldnt hear him or...
  5. Why does my party say that “sorry, voice and text chat aren’t available right now. Try...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does my party say that “sorry, voice and text chat aren’t available right now. Try...: Why does my party say that “sorry, voice and text chat aren’t available right now. Try joining the party again a while later.” It’s really annoying as I was playing with my mates, then the Xbox...
  6. Xbox Series X capture does not record my voice (Sept 2023)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Series X capture does not record my voice (Sept 2023): I am trying to record clips of Starfield with my voice commentary being recorded but it does not appear to work. The video is recording fine, the in-game audio is recording fine, but my voice is...
  7. Does anyone know a simple way of being able to record me and other peoples voice in game chat?

in XboX Insiders
    Does anyone know a simple way of being able to record me and other peoples voice in game chat?: So I wanna record videos or stream and I would want the audience to be able to listen to the other players voices submitted by /u/Real_Cartographer_72 [link] [comments]
  8. Why does valorant voice chat not record

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does valorant voice chat not record: I've just started recording my ingame preformances on Valorant with Xbox Game Bar and after playing and rewatching my recordings i noticed that it doesnt record my teammates voices when speaking...
  9. does roblox have a voice chat ability on the xbox??

in XBoX Games and Apps
    does roblox have a voice chat ability on the xbox??: is there a way to enable it or is it even available?? b85c57df-d17d-456a-863f-4a81053a0fdc
  10. How does my friend fix my voice echoing back to me through them in Xbox Discord link?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How does my friend fix my voice echoing back to me through them in Xbox Discord link?: How does my friend fix my voice echoing back to me through them in Xbox Discord link? Neither of us know anything about headsets and Xbox, and this is the first time we've tried using this (I'm on...