Does this sound mean my hard drive failed?

Discus and support Does this sound mean my hard drive failed? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; (Using Xbox One S) Short and simple... Been getting the startup errors where you're booted to the black screen with options like factory resetting the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by PixelPoc, Nov 6, 2021.

1. PixelPoc
    PixelPoc Guest

(Using Xbox One S)

Short and simple... Been getting the startup errors where you're booted to the black screen with options like factory resetting the console. I've tried everything forums (official and non official) have said still no luck...

Convinced my hard drive is shot.

Take a listen --> Startup Noises

:)

PixelPoc, Nov 6, 2021
  2. PixelPoc Win User

No the Xbox hasn't been knocked at all. I believe it was trying to download an xbox update (like a dashboard update or something) then the errors started popping up and the hard drive made the screeching noise. Tried to factory reset but then the whole Xbox froze like it couldn't update/download things on the hard drive itself.
  3. PixelPoc Win User

I will contact a local repair shop
  4. PixelPoc Win User

I've already tried every troubleshoot guide regarding the matter I guess I will contact a local repair shop. I was going to anyway, but I wanted to pinpoint if the hard drive was the problem first.
  5. Farscape247 Win User

at first i thought the fan but na, defo metallic sounding, like its scraping, has the xbox been knocked at all.
  6. XBF Mohammed C Win User

Hello PixelPoc,

You cannot really determine whether there is an issue with the hard drive just by listening to that sound.

It would require an professional to take a look at it!

Concerning the blank screen you are facing, I would recommend checking the solutions mentioned here depending on the exact circumstances: Troubleshooting a blank TV screen or monitor while your Xbox is on | Xbox Support

If already tried, you may want to get your console serviced if it is still under warranty: Device Services

If it isn't under warranty anymore, try to take it to a local repair store nearby!

Hope this helps
Thema:

1. Does this sound mean my hard drive failed? - Similar Threads - Does sound mean

2. Why does sound only come from one external speaker when using the optical output?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does sound only come from one external speaker when using the optical output?: I have a pair of speakers plugged into my Xbox One S using the optical port and sound only comes out one side. I’ve already verified that both speakers do work. I’ve tried changing a few settings...
  3. Why does my Xbox game chat work but no game audio or sounds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox game chat work but no game audio or sounds: I just got the Astro A10 headset and have tried every way I could possibly find and think of. I just then managed to get the mic to work when spoken into and can hear other people in the Xbox...
  4. Does anyone else experience a weird "clicking" sound when playing Xbox 360 games while on...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does anyone else experience a weird "clicking" sound when playing Xbox 360 games while on...: Hey, i have been experiencing an odd clicking/crackling sound on my new Xbox Series X. games include Fallout New Vegas and Far Cry 2. The sound seems to stop if i switch to mono, but I'd like to...
  5. Why does my Minecraft (Win10) have no sound?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my Minecraft (Win10) have no sound?: After updating the game Minecraft a few days ago on my WIndows 10 PC, I found that the game will not play music or sound when it should. I have already tried restarting the game several times,...
  6. Why does my Xbox one make a sound but doesn’t power up

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox one make a sound but doesn’t power up: Why does my Xbox make a noise but not power up 35ad5878-5101-414d-a890-e2401c080513
  7. The button to my right joystick just does not work it also sound different to my right

in XBoX Accessibility
    The button to my right joystick just does not work it also sound different to my right: My right joystick for my Xbox series s controller suddenly just stopped working it moves but when I press it does not work I tested on a game pad tester it still does not work it it was working...
  8. Why does my game audio sound bad when in a party?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my game audio sound bad when in a party?: Every time I join a Xbox party on my pc it makes my game audio sound distorted and choppy. I first ran into this problem on Fortnite, when I joined my friends Xbox party it completely switched up...
  9. Achievements in PC Game Pass games unlocks but does not pop nor sound on screen

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Achievements in PC Game Pass games unlocks but does not pop nor sound on screen: Hello. I have been a long time with this issue where, suddendly, achievements notifications stopped popping on screen while I play on PC Game Pass games, even when the option is marked in the...
  10. My Xbox controller does not play game sounds and Xbox navigation sounds, but sounds from...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox controller does not play game sounds and Xbox navigation sounds, but sounds from...: Before you say anything, I've probably done every single troubleshooting step you can think of. I need a real fix. This only happens to one of my Xbox controllers, so the culprit is this...