Does the Xbox affect internet

Discus and support Does the Xbox affect internet in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My family keep asking me to get off the xbox because they can't connect to the internet when the xbox can. So the question is does the xbox get... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by E4JM, Apr 22, 2021.

  1. E4JM
    E4JM Guest

    Does the Xbox affect internet


    My family keep asking me to get off the xbox because they can't connect to the internet when the xbox can. So the question is does the xbox get priority? I personally believe that the Xbx won't affect them not being connected but I do think it can affect the speed. Basically I want to know if I am correct or not.

    :)
     
  2. taidara Win User

    Getting disconnected from live at 22:30 every night

    Greetings Stuey182!

    Does this also affects your Internet connection or is it isolated to your connection to Xbox LIVE?
  3. CAMMofTHRONES Win User

    Does internet speed affect how you play?

    [quote user="Hellhog"]

    Download and Upload speed do less than you think. You barley require a decent up/down to play. The biggest components are PING and Packet Loss. Packet Loss causes rubberbanding in games and PING is the latency of your connection to theirs. High PING means
    a High Packet Loss (or Jitter leads to Packet Loss too) and what is known as Lag. I have a 20Mb/s download and as long as you and me have the same PING, your 1.6Mb/s download is no different for gaming.

    [/quote]

    Download and upload speeds are the most important. If you think you are going to have an enjoable esperience online with 1.6 download and .40 upload (my guess is he is around 0.40 upload) then you are very very wrong. lol Yes ping is
    fairly imporant but nowhere near as important as the download and upload speed. 1.6 download is not good AT ALL.
  4. Hellhog Win User

    Does internet speed affect how you play?

    Download and Upload speed do less than you think. You barley require a decent up/down to play. The biggest components are PING and Packet Loss. Packet Loss causes rubberbanding in games and PING is the latency of your connection to theirs. High PING means
    a High Packet Loss (or Jitter leads to Packet Loss too) and what is known as Lag. I have a 20Mb/s download and as long as you and me have the same PING, your 1.6Mb/s download is no different for gaming.
  5. General Usage Win User

    Does internet speed affect how you play?

    Interleaving also plays a big part in online gaming. I have my 40mb connection with non-interleaving enabled. My ping on almost every game is less than 50

    en.wikipedia.org/.../Interleaving
  6. BGH FlakJacket Win User

    Does internet speed affect how you play?

    When you are getting shot around corners and see rubberband lag, then their is a conection issue. Run a speed test o0n your connection and look into upgrading your service. Believe me, it is worth it just to avoid the aggravation....although COD still
    has sh*tty games even with good connection.
Thema:

Does the Xbox affect internet

Loading...
  1. Does the Xbox affect internet - Similar Threads - Does affect internet

  2. Question does the new Voice/audio capture feature capture the voices of players on PC or PS5?

    in XboX Insiders
    Question does the new Voice/audio capture feature capture the voices of players on PC or PS5?: I play a lot of cross platform games and something really funny happened so I recorded it and I just heard myself….. I was so sad that the other half of the audio was gone. I was play Arma...
  3. Does trying the update reset your Xbox?

    in XboX Insiders
    Does trying the update reset your Xbox?: I’ve recently been getting super into the Original Xbox recently, and when I heard that the latest update preview allowed people to customize their startup animation, I was hoping to try it so I...
  4. The Achievements panel in the Profile section does not occasionally show achievements

    in XboX Insiders
    The Achievements panel in the Profile section does not occasionally show achievements: El panel de Logros en la sección Perfil a veces no muestra los logros. A veces muestra un error que indica que no se pudo cargar el archivo, otras veces muestra los juegos jugados pero sin logros...
  5. Does forza horizon 2 and 3 work with the disc to digital for anyone

    in XboX Insiders
    Does forza horizon 2 and 3 work with the disc to digital for anyone: I keep getting a popup saying Digital license unavailable, I dont know if its just a bug or if it just doesn't work submitted by /u/LaneT2012 [link] [comments]
  6. Does Game Share work with Disc to Digital games?

    in XboX Insiders
    Does Game Share work with Disc to Digital games?: I asked this elsewhere but I figured I should post it here too. Just curious if Game Share works with disc to digital. My brother in law and I want to try it since we used to game share before....
  7. Does anyone have a list of games working on digital licence

    in XboX Insiders
    Does anyone have a list of games working on digital licence: Have tried a few discs and some don't work so does anyone know if there's an official list or is it non confirmed submitted by /u/Chriswhutey [link] [comments]
  8. does difficulty level affect recruiting in college football 25?

    in XboX Insiders
    does difficulty level affect recruiting in college football 25?: Question submitted by /u/Sea-Selection-1527 [link] [comments]
  9. Does voice chat ban affect party voice chat too?

    in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Does voice chat ban affect party voice chat too?: If someone gets a voice chat ban in warzone, does that affect their own party voice chat too? My party can’t hear me in my party but I can hear them d2250211-35af-481f-9348-72eac4eeedd7
  10. Does having my console plugged into a power strip affect latency and 4k gaming at 60hz?

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Does having my console plugged into a power strip affect latency and 4k gaming at 60hz?: I recently connected my Xbox series s to a power strip along with my tv and I notice that the hazard icon appears telling me that if I have av/or other connection between my television and console...