Does the Series X console automatically upscale 1080p movie discs to 4k?

Discus and support Does the Series X console automatically upscale 1080p movie discs to 4k? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I am playing a 1080p Blu-ray movie on my Series X console and I thought it would upscale to 4k, but it is still showing as playing in 1080p. Will the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by RWM_273, Jun 8, 2023.

1. RWM_273
    RWM_273 Guest

I am playing a 1080p Blu-ray movie on my Series X console and I thought it would upscale to 4k, but it is still showing as playing in 1080p. Will the Series X upscale 1080p to 4k?

:)

RWM_273, Jun 8, 2023
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

Your television is already upscaling it to 4K, it doesn't matter if the Xbox does it. Everything is displayed in 4K at the native resolution of the panel

Just keep in mind that upscaling is not real resolution
  3. SwordofWhedon Win User

Your television is already upscaling it to 4K, it doesn't matter if the Xbox does it. Everything is displayed in 4K at the native resolution of the panel

Just keep in mind that upscaling is not real resolution, the TV is reporting the input signal, not what it does with it.
  4. StuartATrueRed Win User

No, it doesn't do that. The movie will show in 1080p. Only 4K movies will show in 4K.
  5. ngocphi Win User

My screen turn on black when i try to run a game on 120 FPS

What resolution are you trying to run at

If 4k 120 Hz then no it won't run at thaf

The max for series s is 1440p at 120hz

It will play at 4k bur only some games and with issues

The series s is meant for 1080p 120 max

With suggested 90hz

The xbox series x and ps5 and switch pro are the only 4k consoles

One x does 4k at 30hz and ps4 pro upscales
  6. ROBIN H 25 Win User

Xbox One S 4K

Xbox One S is not really a 4K console,

4K Media Content - Yes

You can play 4K Blu-ray DVD's or Streaming services like Netflix in 4K just fine if your paying the the 4K subscription options,

4K Gaming Content - No

As for games, it only plays games at 1080p but it is upscaled to 4K, other wise a 1080p image without upscaling to 4K, will look much worst on a 4K screen than what it would do, if it was only displayed on a 1080p screen,

A 1080p image upscaled on a 4K screen does look a little better than a 1080p image on a 1080p screen, but it still a 1080p image made to fit a 4K resolution screen, which is what the Xbox One S does

Xbox One X is a 4K console,

4K Media - Yes

4K Gaming - Yes

The issues is not the TV, it's the Xbox One S not being an Xbox One X.
Thema:

1. Does the Series X console automatically upscale 1080p movie discs to 4k? - Similar Threads - Does Series console

2. Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...: I got Doom Eternal from Gamestop, and it keeps saying the installation stopped for the past three days. I have tried clearing local saved games but that did not work, I tried restarting,...
  3. Why does my series x do this

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my series x do this: since i got my series x whenever i turn it on and on the home screen it says connect to the xbox network after 10 to 30 seconds it connects by itself. Is this normal?...
  4. Why does the Xbox series X lose WiFi connection capability when the console power shuts off?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does the Xbox series X lose WiFi connection capability when the console power shuts off?: Hello, I bought the series X last week and I have had constant issues with Xbox not connecting to the WiFi, after it was set up, when I start the system. Absolutely nothing changes. The system...
  5. Xbox controller does not always wake Series X console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller does not always wake Series X console: Usually, when I turn on my XSX controller, the light on the controller pulses for 2 seconds, after which the console also starts and both devices are connected. Lately (since the december update,...
  6. Xbox controller does not always wake Series X console

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox controller does not always wake Series X console: Usually, when I turn on my XSX controller, the light on the controller pulses for 2 seconds, after which the console also starts and both devices are connected. Lately (since the december update,...
  7. Why does my brand new Series X console keep giving me the “Keep the console cool message”?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my brand new Series X console keep giving me the “Keep the console cool message”?: I was gifted an Xbox Series X for the holidays and it’s only been a week and I barely have time to play on it but when I do, I get the “Keep the console cool” message whenever I’m playing a game....
  8. Does anyone use a USB Microphone on their Xbox Series X console? If so, how do you have it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does anyone use a USB Microphone on their Xbox Series X console? If so, how do you have it...: Hello Fellow Gamers. I used to game on an older spec Gaming Pc, Started having issues and bought a Xbox Series X (which is awesome) Realized that what I used to use for a Mic and Headset won't...
  9. I some times get screen tearing on my Xbox seris s does this mean my console need to fix or...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I some times get screen tearing on my Xbox seris s does this mean my console need to fix or...: This happens for some games and not all time 78f0f685-f40c-4661-9061-0725ae152a43
  10. My Xbox Series X headset automatically turns on my console. Does anyone know how I can...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Series X headset automatically turns on my console. Does anyone know how I can...: Sometimes I just need to use them on my PC via Bluetooth, but when I turn them on, the Xbox also turns on. I have searched many websites trying to find an answer to solve this problem, but I...