Does the Series S have an internal clock battery?

Discus and support Does the Series S have an internal clock battery? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; At the moment, I have a limited number of power outlets available, so I can't leave my Xbox plugged in all the time. In addition, the only wifi... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Kyrla_, Jan 10, 2021.

1. Kyrla_
    Kyrla_ Guest

At the moment, I have a limited number of power outlets available, so I can't leave my Xbox plugged in all the time. In addition, the only wifi available in my room is an open network that requires web authentication (_The Cloud).

I've noticed that whenever I start up the Xbox after having it unplugged, it thinks it's 2019 and I have to manually input the correct date and time in order to connect to wifi (I assume it probably needs this for some handshakes with the router).

Question: does the Series S have an internal clock battery to keep track of the time even when unplugged (in which case mine was DOA), or is this just not something the Series S has, and I'm just going to have to deal with it?

:)

Kyrla_, Jan 10, 2021
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

How much power supply does Xbox series s need?

Is 250V supply ok for series s?

The Series S along with the Series X is multi-voltage which it means it works anywhere around the world.

Is there any battery in series s (like Nintendo switch)?

The Series S only works from a mains supply. It does not contain a battery. It must also be connected to a TV or Monitor.
  3. dariog Win User

Clock resets when unplugged.. No internal battery?

Was just thinking about something. Is it possible that since my console was set on the power save mode (stays on for updates when I am not playing) that when I unplug the power cord it loses the save?
  4. Thanatos465 Win User

Question for anyone who has bought an X1 after the Feb update.

it does it automatically on standby, do u see a battery icon near the clock if so its updated
  5. Kevman7987 Win User

Nighttime Quests??

Do you need the travelstone, or does your internal Xbox clock affect the day/night quest cycle?
  6. PhilMarck Win User

Hope they keep the Xbox 360 swappable battery

PS3's battery is internal which would need the controller to be opened and replace the internal battery by buying one from the internet, more than likely it would be safer to just buy a new controller (or just play it wired).
Thema:

1. Does the Series S have an internal clock battery? - Similar Threads - Does Series internal

2. Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...: I got Doom Eternal from Gamestop, and it keeps saying the installation stopped for the past three days. I have tried clearing local saved games but that did not work, I tried restarting,...
  3. Why does my series x do this

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my series x do this: since i got my series x whenever i turn it on and on the home screen it says connect to the xbox network after 10 to 30 seconds it connects by itself. Is this normal?...
  4. How easily does a hdmi Port break on an xbox series x

in XboX Insiders
    How easily does a hdmi Port break on an xbox series x: I go to my dads on a Thursday and Sunday and take my xbox series X which obviously has a hdmi port, the port has broke twice over the past 2 years because of this because i forgot to take the hdmi...
  5. Does the seagate storage expansion card improve textures/graphics for xbox series s games...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does the seagate storage expansion card improve textures/graphics for xbox series s games...: Hi there, I'm wondering if the seagate storage expansion card improves textures/graphics for xbox series s games like Tekken 8? Or just for storage? a1ccb64c-11d6-4e0f-a50a-da7f08448f8a
  6. Why does Microsoft false advertise the Xbox series s?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does Microsoft false advertise the Xbox series s?: Why was the series s advertised with 512GB when in reality 112 of the 512 is used for god knows what and you don’t get a choice in that. But when you turn on the console and go into storage that’s...
  7. Why does my xbox series x shut down everytime I try to play the matrix demo .

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox series x shut down everytime I try to play the matrix demo .: Why..... is the question ... what is real how do you define real...(that's where is shuts off haha) Everytime i try to play the matrix demo my console shuts down there's a green screen for a split...
  8. Does the Xbox logo appear In xbox series x after it was in shutdown mode

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does the Xbox logo appear In xbox series x after it was in shutdown mode: Today I left the Xbox series x in shutdown mode to download forza horizon 5 and I left it for about 6 hours and when I came back I noticed that the Xbox fan was off and when I turned on Xbox...
  9. Does the Xbox elite series 2 controller come with the paddles as stock if I’m purchasing...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does the Xbox elite series 2 controller come with the paddles as stock if I’m purchasing...: Hello, I’m looking to purchase a custom controller from design labs, and I was looking at the elite series 2 controller, and it asks if I’d like to purchase paddles for an extra £21 on top of the...
  10. Why does the Xbox series X lose WiFi connection capability when the console power shuts off?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does the Xbox series X lose WiFi connection capability when the console power shuts off?: Hello, I bought the series X last week and I have had constant issues with Xbox not connecting to the WiFi, after it was set up, when I start the system. Absolutely nothing changes. The system...