Does the MS rechargeable battery pack from an Xbox One controller fit into a Series S/X...

Discus and support Does the MS rechargeable battery pack from an Xbox One controller fit into a Series S/X... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; MS have announced new "play and charge" kits for the new controllers coming with the new consoles. The new controllers have a new share button and use... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Irrotational, Sep 23, 2020.

1. Irrotational
    Irrotational Guest

Does the MS rechargeable battery pack from an Xbox One controller fit into a Series S/X...

MS have announced new "play and charge" kits for the new controllers coming with the new consoles. The new controllers have a new share button and use a Type C USB connector.

In photos, the actual battery pack from the new play and charge kit looks incredibly similar to the battery pack from the current play and charge kits.

Can anyone from MS or Xbox confirm that the battery pack itself will fit and work? i.e. we just need to change from the current USB cable to a type C one?

:)

Irrotational, Sep 23, 2020
  2. Nursemorph Win User

Rechargeable batteries

But then if it;s the wrong battery pack, it shoudn't work with either controller ...the fact it works in one but not the other points to an issue with the second controller

The Xbox One Venom battery pack won't even fit in the Series X controller (or at least not without trimming bits off it)..as the OP can fit the pack with no issue, it suggests it's the right battery pack. Unless Venom have released more than one battery pack for the Series X?
  3. Nursemorph Win User

Venom Battery Pack

When you say you've tried New battery packs, was it a new battery pack designed for the Series S/X controllers? The Xbox One Venom battery packs won't fit the new controllers (Venom sell newer versions of these). The controller's much smaller size may have necessitated some minor changes?
  4. StuartATrueRed Win User

Does the new series X use the same battery packs as Xbox s

The Series X controllers available now uses the same official battery packs as the Xbox One and Series S controllers.
  5. xSIN1134x Win User

Does the MS rechargeable battery pack from an Xbox One controller fit into a Series S/X controller

According to what I have found they take size AA batteries again so getting a type C cord should work. I am in the same boat as I have 4 of the battery packs.

https://www.vg247.com/2020/03/31/why-xbox-series-x-controller-aa-batteries/
  6. SwordofWhedon Win User

Xbox chargeable batteries don’t fit in Xbox controller

You can get rechargeable AA that will fit all your controllers for less than one battery pack
Thema:

1. Does the MS rechargeable battery pack from an Xbox One controller fit into a Series S/X... - Similar Threads - Does rechargeable battery

2. Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...: I got Doom Eternal from Gamestop, and it keeps saying the installation stopped for the past three days. I have tried clearing local saved games but that did not work, I tried restarting,...
  3. Why does sound only come from one external speaker when using the optical output?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does sound only come from one external speaker when using the optical output?: I have a pair of speakers plugged into my Xbox One S using the optical port and sound only comes out one side. I’ve already verified that both speakers do work. I’ve tried changing a few settings...
  4. Why does my xbox keep revving and why wont my game install

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox keep revving and why wont my game install: I bought Black Ops III and it’s been installing but it stopped at 93.8% and it said the disk may have been damaged or it is dirty. I cleaned it and put it back in to try again but when i put it in...
  5. Why does my series x do this

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my series x do this: since i got my series x whenever i turn it on and on the home screen it says connect to the xbox network after 10 to 30 seconds it connects by itself. Is this normal?...
  6. Why does xbox like shafting people

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does xbox like shafting people: I get home from a long days work and i turn on my console to see an update for the game i play. It installs then gets stuck at 1.2% finishing things up. I wait about 20 minutes for nothing to...
  7. I have an Xbox 360, does the console need any update

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have an Xbox 360, does the console need any update: Does my Xbox 360 console need any updates that I am not aware of 70a07d6f-ae55-4f3c-8c1f-41f88fb585b2
  8. How easily does a hdmi Port break on an xbox series x

in XboX Insiders
    How easily does a hdmi Port break on an xbox series x: I go to my dads on a Thursday and Sunday and take my xbox series X which obviously has a hdmi port, the port has broke twice over the past 2 years because of this because i forgot to take the hdmi...
  9. Why does my x rocker chair when plugged it my household socket and turned on does it set...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my x rocker chair when plugged it my household socket and turned on does it set...: Why does my x rocker chair when plugged it in my household socket and turned on does it set sombodys house alarm start blaring thanks in advance 3446b748-880c-421d-b13b-a923768fc288
  10. Does anyone know if there is an adapter for this cable to windows 10 via usb

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does anyone know if there is an adapter for this cable to windows 10 via usb: This cable is for my logitech steering wheel e4773a0a-cfb8-43d9-b85f-581b9e190360

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Will Xbox one battery packs fit series x controllers?