Does taking off my elite series 2 core controller face plate void my microsoft warranty?

Discus and support Does taking off my elite series 2 core controller face plate void my microsoft warranty? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; my elite series 2 core controller left bumper is unresponsive and I want to take off the faceplate to clean out the button I’m asking because I want to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by blazeGE, Feb 26, 2023.

1. blazeGE
    blazeGE Guest

Does taking off my elite series 2 core controller face plate void my microsoft warranty?

my elite series 2 core controller left bumper is unresponsive and I want to take off the faceplate to clean out the button I’m asking because I want to know if that would void my Microsoft warranty I would send it in but I don’t what to be without a controller for 2 weeks

:)

blazeGE, Feb 26, 2023
  2. John P_14 Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching out. I hope you’re doing well. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you and I'll be happy to help you.

Taking the faceplate off your Elite Series 2 Core controller should not void your Microsoft warranty, as long as you don't damage the controller in the process. However, it's worth noting that any damage caused to the controller during the disassembly process or any signs of tampering with the controller could potentially void your warranty. Furthermore, any modifications or repairs you make to the controller on your own may be excluded from the warranty.
  3. Smiling Cat-FAB725BA Win User

Modified X Box- Help?!

Quick check you should take the face plate off if yours is original style and not the Slim and you will see a warranty void sticker. If it's not intact then yeah the warranty is voided even for paid repairs. Never heard of modding to read old discs it's
    normally always to read illegal copies. Not sure what your friend even meant by old discs.
  4. XkomX Win User

Xbox Turns on and Off At Random

It could very well be an issue with your powerbutton stuck in place however I wouldn't poke and prod it as any tampering of the system will void it for warranty =/

I would check it though, possibly pop off the face plate and take a look and try playing without using the faceplate. If the button seems to be stuck in then you found the issue ^^ lol
  5. Karch V Amadeo Win User

Controller Rumble Makes Humming Noise

Seems like the rumble motor was dislodged. Would just say to take off the face plate but just looked at my controller and noticed there are no holes.
  6. JUSTIN KELLAM Win User

Xbox Elite 2 Sticky Left Trigger

I have too been having trouble with my elite controller. I think you should talk to MS about it to not void your warranty as the elite controller is an investment!
Thema:

1. Does taking off my elite series 2 core controller face plate void my microsoft warranty? - Similar Threads - Does taking off

2. Why does my xbox usually take 5 minutes to connect to WiFi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox usually take 5 minutes to connect to WiFi: My Xbox takes 10-30 minutes to connect to the internet. All other devices in the house are connected to the same WiFi and working. But everytime I get on my Xbox it can’t connect to the internet....
  3. Why does it take so long to get a refund

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does it take so long to get a refund: i requested a refund at the beginning of january and still not got the money back. The refund status is request approved and my friend was even able to get theirs back a couple days after...
  4. Why does it take a moment for one of my keyboard keys to stop registering after I release it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does it take a moment for one of my keyboard keys to stop registering after I release it?: I just got a new pc about 2 months ago. I have had this keyboard since my old pc and it is a Ducky One 2 Mini. Basically what has been happening is if im playing a game and let’s say im holding...
  5. How long does it take for my Xbox to be shipped back from the service center

in XBoX on Consoles
    How long does it take for my Xbox to be shipped back from the service center: I sent my xbox in around a week ago but there still hasn't been an update about my xbox. Is it normal for it to take this long for an update? 3d157cf8-7698-4e2b-9783-dfcf51da3560
  6. How Long does it take for my item that i redeemed a code to come into fortnite?

in XBoX on Windows
    How Long does it take for my item that i redeemed a code to come into fortnite?: About 15 hours ago, i redeemed a code from Xbox/microsoft into fortnite (cross comms pack) and i havent got the item yet. (The code was succesful and all that) is this normal?...
  7. How long does a refund from xbox take to clear into my bank account?

in XBoX on Windows
    How long does a refund from xbox take to clear into my bank account?: I requested a refund for an item I accidentally bought around 10 days ago now and it was approved, however the money has not been refunded onto my card. When will the money clear back into my...
  8. How long does it take for refund money to be put in your bank

in XBoX on Windows
    How long does it take for refund money to be put in your bank: I requested a refund about 3 to 4 hours ago and the money usually goes into my bank straight away but it hasn’t and I urgently need it because I have work tomorrow...
  9. "Record what happened" in the game bar option does not take the microphone, how to solve it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    "Record what happened" in the game bar option does not take the microphone, how to solve it?: Every time I take 30 second clips with the "record what happened" option in the Xbox Game Bar, the microphone doesn't work and doesn't take it, causing the clip to not have my voice. When I record...
  10. I bought a Xbox where insiders was enabled and I removed the device how long does it take...

in XboX Insiders
    I bought a Xbox where insiders was enabled and I removed the device how long does it take...: . submitted by /u/TheVaultDwelller [link] [comments]