Does reserved space data and the total of savings cause the percent of storage to increase?

Discus and support Does reserved space data and the total of savings cause the percent of storage to increase? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hello, I'd like to ask a question concerning storage data on Xbox One. The console has 365 GB, but I have 260 GB/ 28% of storage space, which is plenty... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by G'AngeloRene, Nov 9, 2022.

1. G'AngeloRene
    G'AngeloRene Guest

Does reserved space data and the total of savings cause the percent of storage to increase?

Hello, I'd like to ask a question concerning storage data on Xbox One. The console has 365 GB, but I have 260 GB/ 28% of storage space, which is plenty enough space but then sometimes, I wonder when saving game data, does the reserved space data or the total space data from a game cause the percentage of the storage to increase at all? I have deleted about 2 games while having enough space cause I worry that it may be the reason why which by the way I shouldn't have to, but then if I reinstall them back and someday I have to update the latest game or apps, I fear I may not get enough to update.

So could that impact how much more I could install games or update apps in the future?

:)

G'AngeloRene, Nov 9, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today G'AngeloRene

Yes, when you download and play a game your Xbox download and keeps stored locally the progress and data for each game

About the free space, don't worry. As long as you don't use the 90% or more of the percentage you should be able to update your games when a new update for each one arrives
  3. Tezzerrific Win User

the system reserve is about 103GB, this is for the system, cache, saves etc. the storage you have left is for games, dlc and apps.
  4. CIDkidzPILLZ Win User

saving Call of duty WW II

Check to see if the game has reserved space stored on your saved data within the games manage game section. If there is reserved space for the game. Try removing the reserved space and then launch the game. Once you launch the game, the reserved space will
    be recreated. This could possibly resolve your issue of the game freezing when you try to load the saves.
  5. giorgos chatzimartis Win User

Why is my brand new series X showing error of not having enough space to save?

Yes your info is on point,i am talking about cloud saves and so does the error message, obviously the console has enough gb to save.....yet again Skyrim does have its 5.0gb reserved space AND another 3.9 gb saved data IN THE CONSOLE,,these show up when I'm at the manage game and addons area....and there still much hard drive left

I do have a lot of skyrim saves of course,you think theose many saves cause the error? Even with the 5gb reserved space and 3.9 game save data in the console?

But if so.... why didn't this error show up in my last xbox one that i just gave away? It had the same Skyrim saves AND a longer list of games played and saved AND just 200MB hard drive left ...yet no error ....
  6. Smwutches Win User

Not enough cloud space?

You can't increase the amount of cloud space. The cloud on the 360 is only for game save data, not game data. It sounds like you need more storage space for the game itself. You would either need an Xbox hard drive or you can use a flash drive or external
    USB hard drive.
Thema:

1. Does reserved space data and the total of savings cause the percent of storage to increase? - Similar Threads - Does reserved space

2. Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...: I got Doom Eternal from Gamestop, and it keeps saying the installation stopped for the past three days. I have tried clearing local saved games but that did not work, I tried restarting,...
  3. Why does sound only come from one external speaker when using the optical output?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does sound only come from one external speaker when using the optical output?: I have a pair of speakers plugged into my Xbox One S using the optical port and sound only comes out one side. I’ve already verified that both speakers do work. I’ve tried changing a few settings...
  4. Why does my xbox keep revving and why wont my game install

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox keep revving and why wont my game install: I bought Black Ops III and it’s been installing but it stopped at 93.8% and it said the disk may have been damaged or it is dirty. I cleaned it and put it back in to try again but when i put it in...
  5. Why does my series x do this

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my series x do this: since i got my series x whenever i turn it on and on the home screen it says connect to the xbox network after 10 to 30 seconds it connects by itself. Is this normal?...
  6. Why does xbox like shafting people

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does xbox like shafting people: I get home from a long days work and i turn on my console to see an update for the game i play. It installs then gets stuck at 1.2% finishing things up. I wait about 20 minutes for nothing to...
  7. I have an Xbox 360, does the console need any update

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have an Xbox 360, does the console need any update: Does my Xbox 360 console need any updates that I am not aware of 70a07d6f-ae55-4f3c-8c1f-41f88fb585b2
  8. How easily does a hdmi Port break on an xbox series x

in XboX Insiders
    How easily does a hdmi Port break on an xbox series x: I go to my dads on a Thursday and Sunday and take my xbox series X which obviously has a hdmi port, the port has broke twice over the past 2 years because of this because i forgot to take the hdmi...
  9. Why does my x rocker chair when plugged it my household socket and turned on does it set...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my x rocker chair when plugged it my household socket and turned on does it set...: Why does my x rocker chair when plugged it in my household socket and turned on does it set sombodys house alarm start blaring thanks in advance 3446b748-880c-421d-b13b-a923768fc288
  10. Does anyone know if there is an adapter for this cable to windows 10 via usb

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does anyone know if there is an adapter for this cable to windows 10 via usb: This cable is for my logitech steering wheel e4773a0a-cfb8-43d9-b85f-581b9e190360