Does my Drivatar drive as skilled as me when I'm offline?

Discus and support Does my Drivatar drive as skilled as me when I'm offline? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Does my Drivatar drive as skilled as me when I'm offline? I'm just curious to know if it memorizes the way I drive exactly like taking notes of how I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by IntenseJames, Apr 5, 2014.

  1. IntenseJames
    IntenseJames Guest

    Does my Drivatar drive as skilled as me when I'm offline?


    Does my Drivatar drive as skilled as me when I'm offline? I'm just curious to know if it memorizes the way I drive exactly like taking notes of how I shift and turn and brake or is it just a normal AI car that just drives randomly???

    :)
     
    IntenseJames, Apr 5, 2014
    #1
  2. Tronder 007
    Tronder 007 Guest
    I Love Drivatars... I Hate Drivatars

    Despite the Drivatar system bringing with it som negstive issues from online multiplayer racing I like it.. I generally dont paticipate a lot in online multiplayer racing (a bit shy I guess), but I will give it a shot once in a while Does my Drivatar drive as skilled as me when I'm offline? :) the thing is when
    I do go racing online I'm perhaps a bit too carefull and considderate... but when I play offline singelplayer on either Xb or Ps consoles (previously to FM5's drivatar) i a bit to often have found myself beeing a bit to ruthless towards the AI drivers.. now
    what drivatar does for me is making me get my act together, as I do not want my drivatar beeing a ruthless bully tearing around the track(s) terrorising other gamers Does my Drivatar drive as skilled as me when I'm offline? :)
     
    Tronder 007, Apr 5, 2014
    #2
  3. GRAW2ROBZ
    GRAW2ROBZ Guest
    Driver level

    Everyone that is on my buddylist will probably hate playing against my drivatar. lol If its as accurate as how I drive alone versus the CPU.
     
    GRAW2ROBZ, Apr 5, 2014
    #3
  4. Does my Drivatar drive as skilled as me when I'm offline?

    That's the proclaimed idea behind the new drivatar so, yes. I'm told mine is a "dirt bag" that wins so, it's like me. lol
     
    DTW Dirty Harry, Apr 8, 2014
    #4
  5. It's definitely not random. The drivatar system does "take notes" on how you brake, how you turn, etc...

    Does the drivatar system take that data an apply it directly to your drivatar in your friend's races? Or does it accumulate the data from all players in the system and use the total, accumulated data to power the drivatars in races? No one knows for sure.

    We also need to consider that the drivatars always have TCS and ABS turned on. If you don't drive with those assists then your drivatar is instantly not driving exactly like you do. We also need to consider that each player chooses his difficulty level.
    If you are a top 100 driver but your friend is racing against you on the "Easy" difficulty setting - your drivatar probably isn't driving exactly like you do.

    It's also my opinion (based on experience and many conversations with others) that the drivatars adjust their behavior a bit based on the way the actual player drivers. You might be the cleanest driver in the world but, if your friend is the dirtiest racer
    in the world and he's driving against your drivatar, there's a good chance that your drivatar is going to engage in some bumping and grinding because it's adjusting to the way your friend drives.

    No one (except Turn10) knows exactly how the system works. No one needs to know exactly how it works. All we need to know is that the drivatar system is dynamic and that creates some single player experiences that far exceed the AI of past generation games.
     
    Patrick M. Martin, Apr 8, 2014
    #5
  6. IntenseJames
    IntenseJames Guest
    Final questions 1) Do I get more credits if my drivatar wins races online when I'm offline? 2) Can I train my drivatar to drive perfectly like me? 3) Does it memorize my skill set on each racing track or just on how I drive all together? 4) Do I get more
    credits if my drivatar is in more races or do I just get more if it's in less races and wins them? 5) Does it memorize my skills according to the selected car example I will drive recklessly in my Nissan Skyline R34 and drive clean in my Honda S2000.
     
    IntenseJames, Apr 8, 2014
    #6
  7. IceMan PJN
    IceMan PJN Guest
    1) Yes.

    2) Not exactly.

    3) Yes, per track. If you cut certain corners, your Drivatar will, too.

    4) More for more races.

    5) No.
     
    IceMan PJN, Apr 9, 2014
    #7
  8. Does my Drivatar drive as skilled as me when I'm offline?

    The answer to that last question is something I find interesting. So, according to your answers IceMan, this means that James' drivatar won't drive exactly like him if he drives differently in 2 separate cars, but rather takes how he drives from both cars
    and averages them together per track. Weird...
     
    Galactic Geek, Apr 9, 2014
    #8
  9. Trippul G
    Trippul G Guest
    Going by how drivatars used to be waaaaayyyy back in FM1 (I know, I know, they're "completely" different now), my guess would be that they learn how you drive in cars with different drivetrain layouts, and apply that knowledge accordingly. For example,
    how you drive in an FF as opposed to an FR or MR. So, its driving skills in say a VW GTI would be applicable and similar to its skills in a Fiat 500 (both FF). Skills in a Ferrari F50 would be similar to skills in a Lamborghini Diablo (both MR), so on and
    so forth.
     
    Trippul G, Apr 9, 2014
    #9
  10. Hey Dirty, you just need to see my videos to see how your drivatar drives lol. I'm always mumbling under my breath when I see that thing show up. Which is not too often considering it's usually LEADING the pack and I'm forced to play catch up. Although I
    must state that I've noticed a dramatic change in the way the AI performs when pushed to the limit. For instance there are many tracks that I'm just plain terrible at driving on...but one in particular is my favorite and I tend to do very well in those races.
    Well the AI treats me like a nobody when I'm in any race other than that one. The minute I get into that preferred track the AI starts driving like bats out of hell to keep me from winning and from what I've seen they put up an amazing fight.
     
    PANdaRUS-B7999C02-2213-4F07-B849-6BF5117D6D21, Apr 10, 2014
    #10
  11. IntenseJames
    IntenseJames Guest
    This thread made me think of other drivatar questions 1) When I race with my Honda S2000 with a Halo paint job on it does it stay on with my drivatar even if I got 3 other paint jobs with that car or does it change between those paint jobs???? 2) If I use
    a certain car for the event does my drivatar race in that car that I used for that event or does it use other ones that are in my garage that can be used for a certain event??? 3) Does my drivatar change cars and paint jobs on it's own depending on who it's
    racing???
     
    IntenseJames, Apr 12, 2014
    #11
  12. IntenseJames
    IntenseJames Guest
    Final questions is it possible for my drivatar to race in races I have never done before??? or do I need to finish that race before my drivatar can race on it when I'm offline???
     
    IntenseJames, Apr 15, 2014
    #12
  13. Does my Drivatar drive as skilled as me when I'm offline?

    Others might want to confirm this but I believe your drivatar races a random car for the given event. You may not even own the car your drivatar uses in a given race. So, obviously, your drivatar will not use the same car you have used for a given track.
    I've also noticed your drivatar will use a random paint job too. Also, I think your drivatar will only race on tracks you have raced on.
     
    DTW Dirty Harry, Apr 16, 2014
    #13
  14. Districtopia
    Districtopia Guest
    ^Correct. My roommate was showing up in a car he doesn't own in a level of career mode he hasn't gotten to yet.
     
    Districtopia, Nov 1, 2018
    #14
  15. IntenseJames Win User

    Does my Drivatar drive as skilled as me when I'm offline?

    Final questions 1) Do I get more credits if my drivatar wins races online when I'm offline? 2) Can I train my drivatar to drive perfectly like me? 3) Does it memorize my skill set on each racing track or just on how I drive all together? 4) Do I get more
    credits if my drivatar is in more races or do I just get more if it's in less races and wins them? 5) Does it memorize my skills according to the selected car example I will drive recklessly in my Nissan Skyline R34 and drive clean in my Honda S2000.
  16. Galactic Geek Win User

    Does my Drivatar drive as skilled as me when I'm offline?

    The answer to that last question is something I find interesting. So, according to your answers IceMan, this means that James' drivatar won't drive exactly like him if he drives differently in 2 separate cars, but rather takes how he drives from both cars
    and averages them together per track. Weird...
  17. DTW Dirty Harry Win User

    Does my Drivatar drive as skilled as me when I'm offline?

    That's the proclaimed idea behind the new drivatar so, yes. I'm told mine is a "dirt bag" that wins so, it's like me. lol
  18. Districtopia Win User

    Does my Drivatar drive as skilled as me when I'm offline?

    ^Correct. My roommate was showing up in a car he doesn't own in a level of career mode he hasn't gotten to yet.
  19. IceMan PJN Win User

    Does my Drivatar drive as skilled as me when I'm offline?

    1) Yes.

    2) Not exactly.

    3) Yes, per track. If you cut certain corners, your Drivatar will, too.

    4) More for more races.

    5) No.
Thema:

Does my Drivatar drive as skilled as me when I'm offline?

Loading...
  1. Does my Drivatar drive as skilled as me when I'm offline? - Similar Threads - Does Drivatar drive

  2. Question does the new Voice/audio capture feature capture the voices of players on PC or PS5?

    in XboX Insiders
    Question does the new Voice/audio capture feature capture the voices of players on PC or PS5?: I play a lot of cross platform games and something really funny happened so I recorded it and I just heard myself….. I was so sad that the other half of the audio was gone. I was play Arma...
  3. Does trying the update reset your Xbox?

    in XboX Insiders
    Does trying the update reset your Xbox?: I’ve recently been getting super into the Original Xbox recently, and when I heard that the latest update preview allowed people to customize their startup animation, I was hoping to try it so I...
  4. The Achievements panel in the Profile section does not occasionally show achievements

    in XboX Insiders
    The Achievements panel in the Profile section does not occasionally show achievements: El panel de Logros en la sección Perfil a veces no muestra los logros. A veces muestra un error que indica que no se pudo cargar el archivo, otras veces muestra los juegos jugados pero sin logros...
  5. Does forza horizon 2 and 3 work with the disc to digital for anyone

    in XboX Insiders
    Does forza horizon 2 and 3 work with the disc to digital for anyone: I keep getting a popup saying Digital license unavailable, I dont know if its just a bug or if it just doesn't work submitted by /u/LaneT2012 [link] [comments]
  6. Does Game Share work with Disc to Digital games?

    in XboX Insiders
    Does Game Share work with Disc to Digital games?: I asked this elsewhere but I figured I should post it here too. Just curious if Game Share works with disc to digital. My brother in law and I want to try it since we used to game share before....
  7. Does anyone have a list of games working on digital licence

    in XboX Insiders
    Does anyone have a list of games working on digital licence: Have tried a few discs and some don't work so does anyone know if there's an official list or is it non confirmed submitted by /u/Chriswhutey [link] [comments]
  8. Does unlisted games work for disc to digital?

    in XboX Insiders
    Does unlisted games work for disc to digital?: I’ve tried using disc to digital on old games that are now delisted on the Xbox store does that mean I can’t get a digital license for games that are delisted forever or is that just because they...
  9. Xbox Insiders Community does not feel welcoming

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Insiders Community does not feel welcoming: Gotta be honest, as a huge Xbox fan, I’m disappointed. I’m a busy dad with work commitments who joined Insider excited to give my spare time to Xbox, test things, report bugs and hopefully make a...
  10. Does anyone know what time disc to digital comes out for insiders / what time updates...

    in XboX Insiders
    Does anyone know what time disc to digital comes out for insiders / what time updates...: Just curious if I should expect to be able to start the download before leaving for work. Thanks! submitted by /u/Bidoof117 [link] [comments]