Does latency kill?

Discus and support Does latency kill? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Is latency as much as a problem to you as it is for me? In a nutshell: The custom Windows 10 gui deployed on the Xbox One looks great and holds much... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/macdev045, Oct 21, 2019.

  1. /u/macdev045
    /u/macdev045 Guest

    Does latency kill?


    Is latency as much as a problem to you as it is for me?

    In a nutshell: The custom Windows 10 gui deployed on the Xbox One looks great and holds much promise for upgrades. However the latency that comes with this main gui, leaves a non transparent experience when going from xbox to game.

    With playstation, PC and even Xbox PC App - I spend more time in game than in the systems custom gui due to lack of features, however Microsoft Xbox One has so many exclusive features that require you to interact with the Windows 10 gui that just has too much latency.

    I know that we've been through a lot of evolution in the gaming industry since first generation of these next gen hi tech consoles, but does the quality of the gaming experience move gamers to ignore the transparency that first generation consoles had, pop in disk and await boot logo.

    P.S, splash screens are nice, latency ruined them. I'd much rather wait like we would to the old boot logos than to wait on a splash screen for 20-60 seconds.

    Also I understand that these consoles only have so much memory and the ability to interact with all of OS features without forfeiting your running game is a great advancement and latency should be expected in this scenario.

    submitted by /u/macdev045
    [link] [comments]
     
    /u/macdev045, Oct 21, 2019
    #1
  2. FatFuzzy Win User

    WiFi vs Wired

    Wired. Less latency=more kills.
  3. UneasyJmitchell Win User

    xbox.com community montage

    With the lag/latency issues Ive been having lately, ANY kill I get is montage worthy.
  4. xXCamhawkXx Win User

    Has Microsoft lost the plot with Xbox one?

    "I was told uk users have to share latency speeds now, this is unacceptable and unfair."

    What does this even mean? Latency is not something you "share" per se. You and your neighbor may have the same latency but there are so many factors that contribute to latency that there may be different reasons for you and your neighbors latency. You
    may have latency in common but not shared.
  5. AR5 Win User

    The Lag will never ever be fixed

    First of all Lag/Latency is always relevant to whom you are communicating with. Just because you can ping www.xbox.com and get 17ms doesn't mean that's what you will experience during game play. MW3 uses peer to peer gaming model, so one of your opponents
    is the host (and therefore zero latency). Your latency between you and every other player is relative to their connection to the host. That's why there's lag compensation, but it's not very good in CoD and is most evident in the Kill Cam. You'll see the
    other guy's perspective and it will look like you only fired one bullet if any at all sometimes. That's the difference in latency between what your xbox sees and what their xbox is seeing. Halo does a much better job at either masking this or eliminating
    this.
  6. Campo Win User

    Confirmation that there IS a FAULT on UK/European Server

    The dashboard latency test is meaningless. It has nothing to do with your gaming experience. You will not be playing games connected to the latency test server.

    The Xbox does not control your latency. Latency is purely determined by the location of the game server you are connecting to, and the route it takes to get there.

    Try to play on servers in your own region if you are worried about latency.
Thema:

Does latency kill?

Loading...
  1. Does latency kill? - Similar Threads - Does latency kill

  2. Question does the new Voice/audio capture feature capture the voices of players on PC or PS5?

    in XboX Insiders
    Question does the new Voice/audio capture feature capture the voices of players on PC or PS5?: I play a lot of cross platform games and something really funny happened so I recorded it and I just heard myself….. I was so sad that the other half of the audio was gone. I was play Arma...
  3. Does trying the update reset your Xbox?

    in XboX Insiders
    Does trying the update reset your Xbox?: I’ve recently been getting super into the Original Xbox recently, and when I heard that the latest update preview allowed people to customize their startup animation, I was hoping to try it so I...
  4. The Achievements panel in the Profile section does not occasionally show achievements

    in XboX Insiders
    The Achievements panel in the Profile section does not occasionally show achievements: El panel de Logros en la sección Perfil a veces no muestra los logros. A veces muestra un error que indica que no se pudo cargar el archivo, otras veces muestra los juegos jugados pero sin logros...
  5. Does forza horizon 2 and 3 work with the disc to digital for anyone

    in XboX Insiders
    Does forza horizon 2 and 3 work with the disc to digital for anyone: I keep getting a popup saying Digital license unavailable, I dont know if its just a bug or if it just doesn't work submitted by /u/LaneT2012 [link] [comments]
  6. Does Game Share work with Disc to Digital games?

    in XboX Insiders
    Does Game Share work with Disc to Digital games?: I asked this elsewhere but I figured I should post it here too. Just curious if Game Share works with disc to digital. My brother in law and I want to try it since we used to game share before....
  7. Does anyone have a list of games working on digital licence

    in XboX Insiders
    Does anyone have a list of games working on digital licence: Have tried a few discs and some don't work so does anyone know if there's an official list or is it non confirmed submitted by /u/Chriswhutey [link] [comments]
  8. Does unlisted games work for disc to digital?

    in XboX Insiders
    Does unlisted games work for disc to digital?: I’ve tried using disc to digital on old games that are now delisted on the Xbox store does that mean I can’t get a digital license for games that are delisted forever or is that just because they...
  9. Xbox Insiders Community does not feel welcoming

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Insiders Community does not feel welcoming: Gotta be honest, as a huge Xbox fan, I’m disappointed. I’m a busy dad with work commitments who joined Insider excited to give my spare time to Xbox, test things, report bugs and hopefully make a...
  10. Does having my console plugged into a power strip affect latency and 4k gaming at 60hz?

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Does having my console plugged into a power strip affect latency and 4k gaming at 60hz?: I recently connected my Xbox series s to a power strip along with my tv and I notice that the hazard icon appears telling me that if I have av/or other connection between my television and console...