Does it make sense to get a console if I have no internet.

Discus and support Does it make sense to get a console if I have no internet. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I was wondering if it makes any sense to purchase an xbox console if I have no internet access. What would I be able to do with the console and what... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by pdcjlw, Nov 4, 2017.

  1. pdcjlw
    pdcjlw Guest

    Does it make sense to get a console if I have no internet.


    I was wondering if it makes any sense to purchase an xbox console if I have no internet access. What would I be able to do with the console and what will I not be able to do. I assume that there is something I can do? From reading the forums it sounds like
    almost all games get patches from the internet to fix problems. So how would I get those patches to fix games that needed patches.

    Thanks.

    :)
     
    pdcjlw, Nov 4, 2017
    #1
  2. Online is STILL REQUIRED.

    You still don't make any sense. How does that make me a fanboy, because I'm actually right? If you can't afford internet you probably shouldn't even be buying a game console. The point of removing the 24 hour check in was not for people who don't have
    internet, but it was for people who won't have access to the net all the time.
     
    Ix TRIGMATIC xI, Nov 4, 2017
    #2
  3. makes no sense

    this is just dumb. ive been had the xbox one s for a while. but i didnt know you had to have an adapter to connect to you Kinect. this makes no sense. was told that i could get one free from xbox one itself. then after calling 7 time and getting up on 3
    times and finally getting through to somebody. that they no longer send them out. what a waste of my time. i am no buying all of this. the adapter cast more then the connect itself. you guys should made it with the Kinect can connect to the back. i will be
    switing to PlayStation 5 that comes out in september or october.
     
    BeetleArtist89, Nov 4, 2017
    #3
  4. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest

    Does it make sense to get a console if I have no internet.

    Depends on which Xbox console you're referring to. A 360 would be fine without the internet, you just wouldn't be able to play online multiplayer or download anything. With a One it'll be a little more difficult. There's an initial update when you get a
    new One that really should be run right off the bat. There is an offline mode for the console, but not all games will work offline either.

    Most of the patches you hear about are to fix issues with online play.
     
    Smwutches, Nov 4, 2017
    #4
  5. Smwutches Win User

    Does it make sense to get a console if I have no internet.

    Depends on which Xbox console you're referring to. A 360 would be fine without the internet, you just wouldn't be able to play online multiplayer or download anything. With a One it'll be a little more difficult. There's an initial update when you get a
    new One that really should be run right off the bat. There is an offline mode for the console, but not all games will work offline either.

    Most of the patches you hear about are to fix issues with online play.
  6. Ix TRIGMATIC xI Win User

    Online is STILL REQUIRED.

    You still don't make any sense. How does that make me a fanboy, because I'm actually right? If you can't afford internet you probably shouldn't even be buying a game console. The point of removing the 24 hour check in was not for people who don't have
    internet, but it was for people who won't have access to the net all the time.
  7. russsullivan Win User

    Error codes 0x8923000E 0x00000000 0x00000206 ? Help please.

    Thank u but ive read that thread already and tried all of that. It makes no sense ive neber had an issue with this xbox and i have very fast internet with no connection issues. It makes no sense that an update would brick my device like this. Unless microsoft
    does thrse things so people are forced to buy new consoles. Which i will not be doing. It was working fine yesterday and see no issues. No reason for an update to just not load
  8. INSANITY847 Win User

    What is going on!!!

    I did all this but now it says I cannot connect to xbox live. I have the 360 which have wireless. I have a Linksys wrt54gsv4. My settings are automatic but everything shows as 0.0.0.0. Does it make any sense that my internet and ps3 can get online but not
    the 360? never had this problem.
  9. VKondrey 个 Win User

    How the hell does this make sense?

    the system is just so messed up, yes, I know its my bad I didn't use 2fa but I couldn't even manage activity on my account or kick out the hacker from the email I got sent. I said check your account activity because my email was deleted. Once I click the link it straight up sends me to login and I cant use my email. Like, what? And I couldn't even go to support about my account without it. And no one could help me. IDK, at least do some kind of help
Thema:

Does it make sense to get a console if I have no internet.

Loading...
  1. Does it make sense to get a console if I have no internet. - Similar Threads - Does sense console

  2. Does trying the update reset your Xbox?

    in XboX Insiders
    Does trying the update reset your Xbox?: I’ve recently been getting super into the Original Xbox recently, and when I heard that the latest update preview allowed people to customize their startup animation, I was hoping to try it so I...
  3. The Achievements panel in the Profile section does not occasionally show achievements

    in XboX Insiders
    The Achievements panel in the Profile section does not occasionally show achievements: El panel de Logros en la sección Perfil a veces no muestra los logros. A veces muestra un error que indica que no se pudo cargar el archivo, otras veces muestra los juegos jugados pero sin logros...
  4. Does forza horizon 2 and 3 work with the disc to digital for anyone

    in XboX Insiders
    Does forza horizon 2 and 3 work with the disc to digital for anyone: I keep getting a popup saying Digital license unavailable, I dont know if its just a bug or if it just doesn't work submitted by /u/LaneT2012 [link] [comments]
  5. Does Game Share work with Disc to Digital games?

    in XboX Insiders
    Does Game Share work with Disc to Digital games?: I asked this elsewhere but I figured I should post it here too. Just curious if Game Share works with disc to digital. My brother in law and I want to try it since we used to game share before....
  6. Does anyone have a list of games working on digital licence

    in XboX Insiders
    Does anyone have a list of games working on digital licence: Have tried a few discs and some don't work so does anyone know if there's an official list or is it non confirmed submitted by /u/Chriswhutey [link] [comments]
  7. Does unlisted games work for disc to digital?

    in XboX Insiders
    Does unlisted games work for disc to digital?: I’ve tried using disc to digital on old games that are now delisted on the Xbox store does that mean I can’t get a digital license for games that are delisted forever or is that just because they...
  8. Xbox game bar LFG does not sense any xbox game I play on PC

    in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox game bar LFG does not sense any xbox game I play on PC: I have done so many fixes and tried so many things to fix this issue and yet have had no success I've seen than many others have had the same issue as me and haven't gotten it fixed, for example I...
  9. No appeal button, XBOX ban.. how does this make sense?

    in XBoX on Windows
    No appeal button, XBOX ban.. how does this make sense?: please help someone, there is no appeal button, no option anywhere. no contact email or phone number. I have been suspended for 48 hours for posting this in LFG "FLASH SALE, Maps 25©aps each,...
  10. How the hell does this make sense?

    in XBoX Accessibility
    How the hell does this make sense?: My account was stolen yesterday. I could access my Minecraft account for a while and didn't notice the stealing. So when I got locked out I was very surprised, an immediately messaged support....