Does headphone jack on controller work on Android?

Discus and support Does headphone jack on controller work on Android? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hey everybody, I just got an Xbox wireless controller to use with my computer and phone. I have tested everything on the computer and it is all great.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MannerlyRoom479, May 5, 2018.

  1. Does headphone jack on controller work on Android?


    Hey everybody,

    I just got an Xbox wireless controller to use with my computer and phone. I have tested everything on the computer and it is all great. The issue is when I try to use the controller's headphone jack when using my Android phone. My phone recognizes the controller
    as audio capable, and it gives me a dropdown in my notifications to change between xbox controller and phone speaker. However, when I select the controller, audio continues to play through the phone. Is this something I can fix, or is it a limitation of the
    controller hardware and software?

    :)
     
    MannerlyRoom479, May 5, 2018
    #1
  2. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest
    Headphones

    If your headphones have a 3.5 mm jack and your controller supports it then simply plug the headphones into the hole in the front of the controller. If the controller does not have the jack then you'll need to purchase a headphone adapter for the controller.
     
    onyxishere, May 5, 2018
    #2
  3. pkvas
    pkvas Guest
    Xbox one new wireless controller with earbuds?

    I know the elite controller has a normal headphone jack that you can plug your Samsung headphones into don't think a normal controller does though
     
    pkvas, May 5, 2018
    #3
  4. Does headphone jack on controller work on Android?

    Hey there, the controller will be unable to route the audio from your phone into headphones. We would recommend plugging your headset directly into the phone itself.
     
    Mister Revised, May 6, 2018
    #4
  5. Mister Revised Win User

    Does headphone jack on controller work on Android?

    Hey there, the controller will be unable to route the audio from your phone into headphones. We would recommend plugging your headset directly into the phone itself.
  6. onyxishere Win User

    Headphones

    If your headphones have a 3.5 mm jack and your controller supports it then simply plug the headphones into the hole in the front of the controller. If the controller does not have the jack then you'll need to purchase a headphone adapter for the controller.
  7. With Tatsuhiko Win User

    Sounds coming from my Headphones

    Hello, the headphones has both USB and jack port, I used to jack with my controller, no adapter is needed.

    the headphones works well in my laptop
  8. pkvas Win User

    Xbox one new wireless controller with earbuds?

    I know the elite controller has a normal headphone jack that you can plug your Samsung headphones into don't think a normal controller does though
  9. Obsessive Power Win User

    How to use Xbox Elite Series 2 audio jack while wirelessly connected to Win 10 PC?

    Hi,

    The 3.5mm headphone jack on Xbox One/Series X|S controllers (including Elite controllers) does not work when connected via Bluetooth. It will only work via USB or the official Xbox wireless adaptor.
Thema:

Does headphone jack on controller work on Android?

Loading...
  1. Does headphone jack on controller work on Android? - Similar Threads - Does headphone jack

  2. Question does the new Voice/audio capture feature capture the voices of players on PC or PS5?

    in XboX Insiders
    Question does the new Voice/audio capture feature capture the voices of players on PC or PS5?: I play a lot of cross platform games and something really funny happened so I recorded it and I just heard myself….. I was so sad that the other half of the audio was gone. I was play Arma...
  3. Does trying the update reset your Xbox?

    in XboX Insiders
    Does trying the update reset your Xbox?: I’ve recently been getting super into the Original Xbox recently, and when I heard that the latest update preview allowed people to customize their startup animation, I was hoping to try it so I...
  4. The Achievements panel in the Profile section does not occasionally show achievements

    in XboX Insiders
    The Achievements panel in the Profile section does not occasionally show achievements: El panel de Logros en la sección Perfil a veces no muestra los logros. A veces muestra un error que indica que no se pudo cargar el archivo, otras veces muestra los juegos jugados pero sin logros...
  5. Does forza horizon 2 and 3 work with the disc to digital for anyone

    in XboX Insiders
    Does forza horizon 2 and 3 work with the disc to digital for anyone: I keep getting a popup saying Digital license unavailable, I dont know if its just a bug or if it just doesn't work submitted by /u/LaneT2012 [link] [comments]
  6. Does Game Share work with Disc to Digital games?

    in XboX Insiders
    Does Game Share work with Disc to Digital games?: I asked this elsewhere but I figured I should post it here too. Just curious if Game Share works with disc to digital. My brother in law and I want to try it since we used to game share before....
  7. Does anyone have a list of games working on digital licence

    in XboX Insiders
    Does anyone have a list of games working on digital licence: Have tried a few discs and some don't work so does anyone know if there's an official list or is it non confirmed submitted by /u/Chriswhutey [link] [comments]
  8. Does unlisted games work for disc to digital?

    in XboX Insiders
    Does unlisted games work for disc to digital?: I’ve tried using disc to digital on old games that are now delisted on the Xbox store does that mean I can’t get a digital license for games that are delisted forever or is that just because they...
  9. Why does my Turtle Beach Stealth 500 only have audio coming out of the right headphone

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Turtle Beach Stealth 500 only have audio coming out of the right headphone: Whenever I turn on and use my headset, I am only getting audio from my right headphone, and can’t figure out how to get the left one working b5ce482e-6f2c-4969-924e-6f691f21d8f1
  10. Does the Xbox Series S/X controller's headphone jack work on Android if using WIRED?

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Does the Xbox Series S/X controller's headphone jack work on Android if using WIRED?: Hello. I recently acquired a Xbox Series S/X controller to use on Android for mobile games and GamePass. I know for a fact that the 3.5mm headphone/microphone jack doesn't work via bluetooth, as...