Does having a game disk in XboxX allow me to play the digital version on XboxS on my home...

Discus and support Does having a game disk in XboxX allow me to play the digital version on XboxS on my home... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; What mean by this is it I purchase a disc version of a game for my XboxX does the inserted disc mean I have proof I bought the game and let me download... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by stevenreynolds5, Aug 6, 2021.

1. Does having a game disk in XboxX allow me to play the digital version on XboxS on my home...

What mean by this is it I purchase a disc version of a game for my XboxX does the inserted disc mean I have proof I bought the game and let me download the digital version for the XboxsS (on the same home network) or do I need to purchase the digital version so I can play on both consoles (not at the same time)?

Cheers

Steve

:)

stevenreynolds5, Aug 6, 2021
  2. BellyyyB Win User

Does having a game disk in XboxX allow me to play the digital version on XboxS on my home network?

Yes, unless you wanted to compile disc games, you can rather go for digital. :)
  3. stevenreynolds5 Win User

Does having a game disk in XboxX allow me to play the digital version on XboxS on my home network?

Thanks, I thought that might be the case.

I've just got use to playing the same game on both the Xbox series X+S through gamepass as I can't always use the main TV. I'll make sure if I want to buy a game I go digital for the flexibility

Cheers

Steve
  4. SwordofWhedon Win User

You can stream the game using using disc versions through your home network.
  5. BellyyyB Win User

no. I believe you still need to get the digital version of the game if you're referring to Xbox series S or all digital Xbox one S
  6. BmcD73 Win User

Multiple Xbox One Consoles - one game and one live membership on both consoles?

Thanks for the replies. I will only every have 2 consoles, one for me and one for my kids. The three of us will never play online at the same time.

I finally got it figured out after a conversation with a Gamestop employee. The Microsoft Xbox support person was totally wrong but what both were missing were the disk vs. digital versions of the game. If I had bought the game digitally, I would have
    been set. But I bought the disk version of the game, with digital codes for the DLC. So what I was able to do is buy a used copy of the game and since all the digital stuff transfers no problem, both my son and I are able to play online together at the same
    time.

The other thing that is key is what you mentioned, the account that bought the game CANNOT be the "home xbox". So he logs into the home xbox and I log into the other. The home xbox has the family share so everyone on it gets my games and my live membership.
    At the same time, the games tied to me follow me to whatever xbox I log on to as well as the live membership.

TLDR version

disk games require 2 discs but anything digital (DLCs) will transfer (I bought a $10 used vanilla destiny disk and all my DLCs work on both xboxs)

digital games you can just download.

live membership can be shared if the live owner is logged onto the NON-HOME xbox but that account exists on the HOME xbox. Kids use the HOME xbox.
Thema:

Does having a game disk in XboxX allow me to play the digital version on XboxS on my home...

1. Does having a game disk in XboxX allow me to play the digital version on XboxS on my home... - Similar Threads - Does having game

2. Does your epic game account username and xbox username have to match

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does your epic game account username and xbox username have to match: Does my epic game account have to match my xbox username? Trying to upload vbucks and each voucher hasn't gone on yet says its already been redeemed 99f44d60-ebf5-4b0b-ba31-7bf18fc76b5b
  3. My Xbox Year in Review does not show all the games i have played this year

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Xbox Year in Review does not show all the games i have played this year: Hi. My Xbox Year in Review does not show all the games i have played this year. There are only two games, although this year I've played several releases, like Hi-Fi RUSH (see the last...
  4. Why does it so long to load up any game i have a issue with this

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does it so long to load up any game i have a issue with this: Why does it take so long to load up any game i am having a issue with this 35815371-c7ca-470e-b24a-585a98e090b9
  5. Why can’t I find my games I had for years. Does it have something to do with Xbox ultimate...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t I find my games I had for years. Does it have something to do with Xbox ultimate...: I’ve had many games took from me, these games I actually paid for digitally, through the Microsoft store , then out of nowhere, I think it something to do with either my ultimate subscription...
  6. Can my son play online, against me if he does not have the game on his system?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can my son play online, against me if he does not have the game on his system?: Can my son play against me online if he does not own the same game on his system? 8ff006b9-eed4-4546-8137-4ec74a09332a
  7. Why does Xbox game pass cloud gaming have such long wait times? This is getting ridiculous...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does Xbox game pass cloud gaming have such long wait times? This is getting ridiculous...: Tired of 15 to 20 minute wait times only a game on game pass. a98124cc-957e-4fc7-967e-0c1223cf79b5
  8. Can't play the game (major bug) why does it do this, i have done everything it says to...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't play the game (major bug) why does it do this, i have done everything it says to...: It doesn't let me play the game because when I type in my username to play the game, it shows an error: "Failed to create profile. Make sure you are signed in to the Microsoft Store with the same...
  9. Why does my game have to be closed for an update notification?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my game have to be closed for an update notification?: While this isn't the first time I've had this happen it was arguably the most inconvenient time for it. In the middle of battle in Baldur's Gate 3 on my Xbox Series X and I heard a noise so I...
  10. Does anyone have a problem with a game missing from their microsoft store library? Stolen...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does anyone have a problem with a game missing from their microsoft store library? Stolen...: In my case "Sea of thieves". It is no longer in my library in my microsoft store. Furthermore, I have only one account and I do not use Gamepass or Xbox services and I have not given anyone access...