Does factory reseting one console delete the profile on another?

Discus and support Does factory reseting one console delete the profile on another? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I recently got the new xbox series s for Christmas. I ended up giving my old xbox one to my uncle so he could play some old games he used to enjoy. If... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Fat Raccoon, Mar 18, 2023.

1. Fat Raccoon
    Fat Raccoon Guest

I recently got the new xbox series s for Christmas. I ended up giving my old xbox one to my uncle so he could play some old games he used to enjoy. If we were to factory reset the old xbox one, would it delete the profile on the new series s since they are a shared profile?

:)

Fat Raccoon, Mar 18, 2023
  2. Smwutches Win User

No. It won't have any affect on any console other than the one you factory reset.
  3. DRASICK-D2EC904D-D27 Win User

Profile not uploaded in backward games

Still not resolved the problem for my console, going to try and delete 360 stuff and profile and do another factory reset to make sure.
  4. MarcoEHavilla Win User

Download Forza Horizon

It did not work. Tried downloading on another console to removable media, because in my console no option to change the storage. Also reseted the factory settings of the console and delete the profile and downloaded again. The problem persists.
  5. darren_scott Win User

Getting content for free??

6. BobMcFly247 Win User

Selling Xbox one, removing profile, games still there?

If you do a factory reset on the Xbox One your profile will be deleted from the harddrive as well as your downloaded and installed games. The games could not be used by a new profile or a new user/owner anyway because the games are bounded to your gamertag.
    So for the Xbox One a factory reset would be best.

Here's how to:
    support.xbox.com/.../reset-console-to-factory-defaults

On the Xbox 360 it's different. Here the games, only the downloaded ones of course, are bound to the console. So a new user / owner could use them with his gamertag. So on the 360 I would suggest to only delete your profile before selling it but keep the
    downloaded games on the drive.

Here's how to:
    support.xbox.com/.../delete-xbox-live-profile-from-xbox-360-console
Thema:

1. Does factory reseting one console delete the profile on another? - Similar Threads - Does factory reseting

2. Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...: I got Doom Eternal from Gamestop, and it keeps saying the installation stopped for the past three days. I have tried clearing local saved games but that did not work, I tried restarting,...
  3. Why does sound only come from one external speaker when using the optical output?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does sound only come from one external speaker when using the optical output?: I have a pair of speakers plugged into my Xbox One S using the optical port and sound only comes out one side. I’ve already verified that both speakers do work. I’ve tried changing a few settings...
  4. Why does my xbox keep revving and why wont my game install

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox keep revving and why wont my game install: I bought Black Ops III and it’s been installing but it stopped at 93.8% and it said the disk may have been damaged or it is dirty. I cleaned it and put it back in to try again but when i put it in...
  5. Why does my series x do this

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my series x do this: since i got my series x whenever i turn it on and on the home screen it says connect to the xbox network after 10 to 30 seconds it connects by itself. Is this normal?...
  6. Why does xbox like shafting people

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does xbox like shafting people: I get home from a long days work and i turn on my console to see an update for the game i play. It installs then gets stuck at 1.2% finishing things up. I wait about 20 minutes for nothing to...
  7. I have an Xbox 360, does the console need any update

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have an Xbox 360, does the console need any update: Does my Xbox 360 console need any updates that I am not aware of 70a07d6f-ae55-4f3c-8c1f-41f88fb585b2
  8. Does the factory reset on X Box Series S deletes the local save data if I choose "keep the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does the factory reset on X Box Series S deletes the local save data if I choose "keep the...: So I can't play any game right now because of error 0x87e50033, and it seems like the only solution for this is a factory reset. If I do this and select "keep the game files", does it keep the...
  9. Does switching from Omega to Delta preview require a factory reset?

in XboX Insiders
    Does switching from Omega to Delta preview require a factory reset?: Been in the insider program for over 4 years and never switched previews but wanna give it a try. However I get the warning that it may cause a factory reset. If it is guaranteed to require a...
  10. Why does it happen when I factory resetted my Xbox one and it slis stuck at 50%

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does it happen when I factory resetted my Xbox one and it slis stuck at 50%: So I factory restarted my Xbox one and it stays at 50% and is says for a few hours 2d9eb9c8-e29a-4b3b-a72b-2fe4752baa7f