does downloading the DTS Unbound app onto Xbox 1 s enable the Windows Media Player to play...

Discus and support does downloading the DTS Unbound app onto Xbox 1 s enable the Windows Media Player to play... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; does downloading the DTS Unbound app onto Xbox 1 s enable the Windows Media Player to play and control a DTS CD? 20c201d9-9ca9-4fd5-9f6c-2478fff8516b Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by KarlWS54, Apr 30, 2023.

1. KarlWS54
    KarlWS54 Guest

does downloading the DTS Unbound app onto Xbox 1 s enable the Windows Media Player to play...

does downloading the DTS Unbound app onto Xbox 1 s enable the Windows Media Player to play and control a DTS CD?

:)

KarlWS54, Apr 30, 2023
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

does downloading the DTS Unbound app onto Xbox 1 s enable the Windows Media Player to play and control a DTS CD?

It may, but it also may play without the app. You're just gonna have to experiment or contact DTS.

They were very few of the CDs made 20 years ago. Virtually nothing plays DVD audio these days either
  3. StuartATrueRed Win User

Audio apps

At the moment dts sound unbound is currently being tested by Windows Insiders. When the app is approved for release, it will probably be released on both platforms. There is no date yet on when that will be though.
  4. ArminatorX Win User

All movies newly added to my external hard drive won't play on my Xbox one X through the VLC media player or the Microsoft media app.

What type of media files are you trying to play?

Als be aware, that the UWP app version (i.e. the version that runs on Xbox One and Windows 10 from the App store, not the Win32/Mac version you can download from the VLC website) of the VLC Media Player does not support all media formats that
    the Mac/Win32 app supports.
  5. ArtymanRU Win User

Movies and TV does not allow to choose anything except Dolby Digital, AC3

Looks like app "Movie and TV" doe not support DTS and Atmos.

In games it works.

Sad that not a cheap box cant do this and now I have to buy media player.

What a disappointment.
  6. Timothy Rice Win User

Windows Media Center sees files but can't play

I can expand on 4GEE's problem because it is happening to me as well. The issue is that the Xbox Music subscription files (wma) are not playable with any the following media playback applications:

* Windows Media Center on Windows 8

* Windows Media Center on Xbox 360

* Windows Media Player on Windows 8

* System Music Player on Xbox 360

Go ahead, try it for yourself. Interestingly, any subscription music downloaded through the legacy Zune software (also wma) is still compatible with all of the above playback applications. I confirmed the above findings just earlier today with my Windows
    8 computer and Xbox 360 S. The limitations of Xbox Music files has interrupted my ability to play a custom soundtrack during Xbox 360 gameplay as well as play background music during a Media Center slideshow. Downloading the Optional Media Update for Xbox
    360 does not solve this issue. Please help!

Examples:

* Nirvana: Nevermind

* No Doubt: Tragic Kingdom

* Infected Mushroom: Vicious Delicious

(all downloaded via Xbox Music on Windows 8)
Thema:

1. does downloading the DTS Unbound app onto Xbox 1 s enable the Windows Media Player to play... - Similar Threads - does downloading DTS

2. Xbox360 download speed 0.01 - does this impact multiplayer matches?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox360 download speed 0.01 - does this impact multiplayer matches?: Hi there I have been trying to play a few multiplayer games on my Xbox360 but on a lot of games it struggles to connect to other players, even peer to peer connections and not just server...
  3. Why does the Xbox app keep downloading a game when I never gave it permission to do so?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does the Xbox app keep downloading a game when I never gave it permission to do so?: About every week for the past month, the Xbox app on my PC will download the game "Wartales" and I'll see it in my library with the message "Just installed!". The thing is, I have never initiated...
  4. Why does my laptop download stuff 10x faster than my gaming pc?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my laptop download stuff 10x faster than my gaming pc?: i got max 3mb p/s download speed with and avg of around 2 on my pc yet 20+ on my laptop. my laptop is a LENOVO_MT_20R6_BU_Think_FM_ThinkPad L13 Yoga and the wifi adapter thing for my pc is...
  5. Does anyone know how to fix this? I brought the new cod mw3 and it won’t even download,...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does anyone know how to fix this? I brought the new cod mw3 and it won’t even download,...: [img] This is what comes up when I try to install the new call of duty mw3. Please help d539190f-fecb-48d8-b60c-33d62f01b5c9
  6. Does anyone know how i can get my download details for Roblox app please?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does anyone know how i can get my download details for Roblox app please?: so the Roblox app recently updated and now its asking me to sign in, the only problem is my account was just tied to the xbox and not an email so i have no way of getting back into it so my son...
  7. Why, after downloading updates does "finishing things up" take so long?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why, after downloading updates does "finishing things up" take so long?: Why, after downloading updates does "finishing things up" take so long? It pretty much negates having fast broadband. I just downloaded a 7.5gb update, it literally took longer "finishing things...
  8. Why does my Xbox Series s say installation stopped when I try to download a game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my Xbox Series s say installation stopped when I try to download a game: Please help me with this e27504fe-4a78-44ed-9b2f-74d1f58253bc
  9. Why does my installing games and apps say installing but doesn't move/ download

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my installing games and apps say installing but doesn't move/ download: My app like I just got dead island 2 I started to download it but is just stuck at saying installing and not moving 8c9ceaed-edeb-40e2-8264-7011d60cfd1b
  10. Why does the Gamepass Forza Motorsport download keep stopping of outright refusing to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does the Gamepass Forza Motorsport download keep stopping of outright refusing to...: My install of Forza Motorsport is stuck at basically half way. I have tested download speeds and everything is perfectly normal. Never had any dramas installing big games before now. Is it a...