Does deal between Microsoft and ActiBlizz mean that I could finally play PGR games on Xbox...

Discus and support Does deal between Microsoft and ActiBlizz mean that I could finally play PGR games on Xbox... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Iirc PGR franchise was owned by Activison Blizzard after Bizzare buyout. Now Microsoft doesn't had any excuses to not put these games into backward... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Dass Kat, Nov 5, 2023.

  1. Dass Kat
    Dass Kat Guest

    Does deal between Microsoft and ActiBlizz mean that I could finally play PGR games on Xbox...


    Iirc PGR franchise was owned by Activison Blizzard after Bizzare buyout. Now Microsoft doesn't had any excuses to not put these games into backward compatibility. So now I wonder how good PGR 2 could look in 4K. Does using only my disc would allow me to download content of Paris DLC too or not? Does other PGR titles will had their delisted DLC content included in game download or not? And does Blur will also be available to play on Xbox One and Xbox Series?

    :)
     
    Dass Kat, Nov 5, 2023
    #1
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

    Does deal between Microsoft and ActiBlizz mean that I could finally play PGR games on Xbox One and Series?

    well they would still have the same reasons that it's not financially viable to renew the licenses for backwards compatibility, which is usually the issue
  3. Dass Kat Win User

    Does deal between Microsoft and ActiBlizz mean that I could finally play PGR games on Xbox One and Series?

    You doesn't need to renew anything if You don't sell it. You can even let people download and play these games for free but I doubt Microsoft would be that generous. Still for them safest way would be just a requirement of using disc to download and play these titles. Just like in cases of Ace Combat 6 or Battlefield 2. Its that easy, especially since they fully own PGR and Blur IPs again lol
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

    The G.O.A.T of racing games

    I love pgr games. I bet its some licencing thing why they arent bc.
    There is a licensing issue.

    All of the Xbox 360 PGR games are no longer available to purchase digitally for the Xbox 360 on the Marketplace. They've been delisted.

    Of course, you can still buy them second hand on disc for the Xbox 360, but for BC to occur, the licenses have to be available to make the game available digitally.

    Microsoft is the publisher of the all the PGR titles. However, that does not mean they hold 'all' of the licenses for this game. Sports games and racing games contain multiple licenses. When they expire, they have to be paid for again. Since Microsoft
    provides BC games for free - if you own the disc - it isn't likely to renew these lapsed licenses.

    I think the chances of these games becoming BC are very, very slim.
  5. Whiteleaf2012 Win User

    Call of duty war zone help?

    Lots of problems across Xbox right now. I'd give it a while and keep watching the support Twitter at ActiBlizz. They'll sort it
    eventually.
  6. Cris-178 Win User

    What happened to PGR and Rainbow Six?

    well after ghost recon future soldier we might hear rainbow six news the ea president did say all tom clancy games will have kinect support so am happy. PGR i think is dead unless turn 10 cycles between pgr and forza theres a pgr game for zune hd and there
    porting it to windows phone xbox hub. but thats probably the last of that.
Thema:

Does deal between Microsoft and ActiBlizz mean that I could finally play PGR games on Xbox...

Loading...
  1. Does deal between Microsoft and ActiBlizz mean that I could finally play PGR games on Xbox... - Similar Threads - Does deal between

  2. The Achievements panel in the Profile section does not occasionally show achievements

    in XboX Insiders
    The Achievements panel in the Profile section does not occasionally show achievements: El panel de Logros en la sección Perfil a veces no muestra los logros. A veces muestra un error que indica que no se pudo cargar el archivo, otras veces muestra los juegos jugados pero sin logros...
  3. Does forza horizon 2 and 3 work with the disc to digital for anyone

    in XboX Insiders
    Does forza horizon 2 and 3 work with the disc to digital for anyone: I keep getting a popup saying Digital license unavailable, I dont know if its just a bug or if it just doesn't work submitted by /u/LaneT2012 [link] [comments]
  4. Does Game Share work with Disc to Digital games?

    in XboX Insiders
    Does Game Share work with Disc to Digital games?: I asked this elsewhere but I figured I should post it here too. Just curious if Game Share works with disc to digital. My brother in law and I want to try it since we used to game share before....
  5. Does anyone have a list of games working on digital licence

    in XboX Insiders
    Does anyone have a list of games working on digital licence: Have tried a few discs and some don't work so does anyone know if there's an official list or is it non confirmed submitted by /u/Chriswhutey [link] [comments]
  6. Does unlisted games work for disc to digital?

    in XboX Insiders
    Does unlisted games work for disc to digital?: I’ve tried using disc to digital on old games that are now delisted on the Xbox store does that mean I can’t get a digital license for games that are delisted forever or is that just because they...
  7. Xbox Insiders Community does not feel welcoming

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Insiders Community does not feel welcoming: Gotta be honest, as a huge Xbox fan, I’m disappointed. I’m a busy dad with work commitments who joined Insider excited to give my spare time to Xbox, test things, report bugs and hopefully make a...
  8. Does anyone know what time disc to digital comes out for insiders / what time updates...

    in XboX Insiders
    Does anyone know what time disc to digital comes out for insiders / what time updates...: Just curious if I should expect to be able to start the download before leaving for work. Thanks! submitted by /u/Bidoof117 [link] [comments]
  9. does anybody know what im dealing with?

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    does anybody know what im dealing with?: for some reason before the end of last year most of my games online features are down like when I try to play GTAO it says servers are down when there not or when i play games like skyrim or...
  10. What plans does Microsoft have for dealing with hackers and cheaters in regards to...

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    What plans does Microsoft have for dealing with hackers and cheaters in regards to...: What plans does Microsoft have for dealing with hackers and cheaters in regards to multiplayer gaming? ef9d1378-8485-4729-ac0c-226602b9bf01