Does data transfering data to a new xbox make it a new home xbox or do you have to make it...

Discus and support Does data transfering data to a new xbox make it a new home xbox or do you have to make it... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Just a question since the new xbox is coming out. I used all of my account switches and the survey so if i where to transfer data from my old Xbox to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Skeebar, May 29, 2020.

1. Skeebar
    Skeebar Guest

Does data transfering data to a new xbox make it a new home xbox or do you have to make it...

Just a question since the new xbox is coming out.

I used all of my account switches and the survey so if i where to transfer data from my old Xbox to the new one would it make the new one a home Xbox.

:)

Skeebar, May 29, 2020
  2. Skeebar Win User

Does data transfering data to a new xbox make it a new home xbox or do you have to make it in settings?

thus meaning I have to wait to get my switches back.
  3. XBF Steven R Win User

Does data transfering data to a new xbox make it a new home xbox or do you have to make it in settings?

Hey there Skeebar,

Thanks for reaching out to the forums for clarity on this situation. To be direct, no that would not work. You would have to wait it out.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for reading!
  4. Smwutches Win User

You have to change it through the settings.
  5. Jacyintha Win User

got a new x-box 360

Make sure you don't have any data on your new xbox. A transfer kit will overwrite any data. You'll still need to do a license transfer
    http://xbox.com/drm
  6. RicanDynasty82 Win User

tranfering xbox live from one account to the other

So if I make my account my home Xbox on my Xbox One all the games and live will also go on my new account?
    Using your original xbox live account, set your xbox as your home xbox. Once you do that, you can share your games and xbox live gold with the new account. Nothing can be transfer, nor the games or data. But you will be able to utilize your new account with
    your previously purchased games and gold membership.

Does it this make sense?
Thema:

1. Does data transfering data to a new xbox make it a new home xbox or do you have to make it... - Similar Threads - Does data transfering

2. Why does my minecraft world still say that im out of data storage ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my minecraft world still say that im out of data storage ?: For context: My minecraft world on my xbox one s has an issue it says that im out of data storage but i tried deleting save files, clearing local games, reseting my xbox and deleting worlds and...
  3. why does mw2 and warzone say it cant connect to a data center?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why does mw2 and warzone say it cant connect to a data center?: i recently got an xbox series s and have downloaded mw2 + warzone. ive played the campaign in mw2 and evrrything was okay. i then bought xbox gamepass so i could play online, but everytime i try...
  4. Does the factory reset on X Box Series S deletes the local save data if I choose "keep the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does the factory reset on X Box Series S deletes the local save data if I choose "keep the...: So I can't play any game right now because of error 0x87e50033, and it seems like the only solution for this is a factory reset. If I do this and select "keep the game files", does it keep the...
  5. Why does the Xbox keep saying "can't save more game data?" When I know it has space?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does the Xbox keep saying "can't save more game data?" When I know it has space?: For multiple days now I've been getting the message "we can't save more data for this game or app" I have soft/hard reset the Xbox multiple times. I have also deleted the main game I'm trying to...
  6. I cleared my save data for minecraft on settings, does that mean my worlds are permanently...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cleared my save data for minecraft on settings, does that mean my worlds are permanently...: They are still there but when I try to load into them it just give me a error message saying "failed to sync world" ive gotten this message before and was able to get past it but I can't with this...
  7. Why does my xbox update mid-game. I mean come on i just lost all my data over a 200mb...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does my xbox update mid-game. I mean come on i just lost all my data over a 200mb...: thanks for nothing like always. Luckily my ps5 doesnt do it. 6a3c4d1f-0766-49c3-ba0b-1d865d852b49
  8. If i pay for a developer account with my credit card does microsoft store and use the data...

in XBoX on Windows
    If i pay for a developer account with my credit card does microsoft store and use the data...: I want to get a developer account so that i can enable dev mode on my xbox series S. For some reason u have to use a credit card as payment option. my question is if i enter my credit card...
  9. Does data transfer from hogwarts legacy Xbox one version to deluxe edition?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does data transfer from hogwarts legacy Xbox one version to deluxe edition?: I bought hogwarts legacy Xbox one version as soon as it came out. Today I bought an Xbox series x and now know that I have to buy it again for the series xs. If I get the deluxe edition this time...
  10. If I remove my account from my xbox series s and readd it does my save data stay?

in XBoX on Consoles
    If I remove my account from my xbox series s and readd it does my save data stay?: So I'm wondering mostly about 2 things 1 if I remove my account and readd will my save data still be there? 2 I been trying to connect my phone to my console but I can't seem to get it to work...