Does cloud sync work for Sunset Overdrive? It's advertised as Xbox Live cloud save capable...

Discus and support Does cloud sync work for Sunset Overdrive? It's advertised as Xbox Live cloud save capable... in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I am unable to get my saves to upload to the cloud. I first noticed this when attempting to play the game on one of my other household gaming PC's.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Alan Hettman, Jan 1, 2020.

1. Alan Hettman
    Alan Hettman Guest

Does cloud sync work for Sunset Overdrive? It's advertised as Xbox Live cloud save capable...

I am unable to get my saves to upload to the cloud. I first noticed this when attempting to play the game on one of my other household gaming PC's. Only New Game is presented when selecting my profile from the menu on the second PC. I've managed to find
    my save games on 1st pc and backed them up manually then removed them from the folder. Then, when starting the game again, there is no prompt to download cloud saves or anything like that and again, I am presented with New Game only. I am logged into my account
    in windows and the Xbox (beta) app on both computers.

This appears to me like Xbox Live cloud saves are NOT supported. This is a dangerous thing to advertise if it isn't working. Hopefully I'm just doing something wrong but I can't see any indication of what that might be.

Is the cloud saving possibly tied to Onedrive? I ask because I basically all but disable it on my PC's (I don't like it.)

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide.

:)

Alan Hettman, Jan 1, 2020
  2. Omnigear Win User

I don't know how to save at the cloud my save file of sunset overdrive from pc

If you have Sunset overdrive on Xbox one should you not be able to just use that same save file? Arent the saves automatically uploaded to your live cloud saves?
  3. XBF Brad A Win User

Does cloud sync work for Sunset Overdrive? It's advertised as Xbox Live cloud save capable so not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Hi Alan,

Thanks for coming to the forums. Most PC games have their own save files on the PC themselves. On the Xbox console, there are cloud saves. This is why it is advertised as having cloud saves due to the console. They are saved automatically on the Xbox console
    to the cloud. If you purchased game through steam would need to reach out to them how it is saved.

Thanks,

Brad
  4. Kathy A. Win User

Sunset Overdrive "Cloud Save"

Hello gogo gogo3,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we will be considering your issue resolved. If you do need further help, please create a new thread to discuss those concerns as we will not be monitoring this thread going forward.

Thank you for understanding.

Regards,

5. Kathy A. Win User

Sunset Overdrive "Cloud Save"

Hello gogo gogo3,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well.

To answer your query, try to check if you are signed in to Microsoft Store and Xbox app from the laptop you are trying to play the game with. We understand that you wanted to keep playing the game progress saved on your other device and to be continued on laptop. Let us check on this together so you will get back to gaming.

To have a better understanding, we would like to further isolate your concern.

1. Can you please confirm if you have signed into your account on Microsoft Store, Xbox app and the game - Sunset Overdrive? Making sure the game progress should synced up once signed in.
    2. Please post a screenshot of the issue especially if you saw any error message or code.
    We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  6. IceStorm III Win User

installing a game

Do you have Cloud Storage enabled?

Does your Cloud Storage show any games that aren't in sync?

Either manually sync your Cloud saves (you'll have to insert the game disc for each title which has out of sync saves), or log out of Live, install, then log back in.
Thema:

1. Does cloud sync work for Sunset Overdrive? It's advertised as Xbox Live cloud save capable... - Similar Threads - Does cloud sync

2. Why does the cloud gaming website no longer recognize my controller as connected?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does the cloud gaming website no longer recognize my controller as connected?: Attempting to play Xbox cloud gaming on chrome, due to it crashing every time I attempt it on the xbox app. It no longer recognizes that my controller is connected and won’t allow me to use it...
  3. Why does Cloud Gaming game crash after running?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does Cloud Gaming game crash after running?: I open the Xbox App on my PC and run a game via Cloud Gaming after 5/10 minutes of running/playing, the game crashes (closes entirely) with no warning or prompt. The game is downloaded and fully...
  4. Does Xbox cloud gaming support 2 controllers at the same time?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does Xbox cloud gaming support 2 controllers at the same time?: Trying to play fifa with my friend but I don’t know if xcloud supports local multiplayer 88b5b1ae-62bd-49b2-a5b2-989de4c9b409
  5. Why does Xbox game pass cloud gaming have such long wait times? This is getting ridiculous...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does Xbox game pass cloud gaming have such long wait times? This is getting ridiculous...: Tired of 15 to 20 minute wait times only a game on game pass. a98124cc-957e-4fc7-967e-0c1223cf79b5
  6. Why after I wait on xbox cloud gaming . The game does not come

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why after I wait on xbox cloud gaming . The game does not come: After I wait on xbox cloud gaming . My game does not come . It automatically send me back . And does the same over and over . If it is the second time I am playing a day ? Can someone help with...
  7. Cloud Gaming Does Not Work

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cloud Gaming Does Not Work: Split from this thread. I'm having exactly the same problem and have done the last few times I've tried. I've tried on my Android phone, iPad and Steam Deck - all exactly the same as you...
  8. Cloud Gaming Does Not Work

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cloud Gaming Does Not Work: I recently purchased the Ultimate Pass Subscription. I tried to run a game today on my MacBook through the Safari browser but on almost every game the "PLAY" button is greyed out except Fortnite....
  9. Cloud Gaming, does every family member need their own ultimate pass?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cloud Gaming, does every family member need their own ultimate pass?: Hi! I have an Ultimate Pass, and I can play Cloud Gaming. My son wants to play Cloud Gaming. His account is set to the same home XBox as me. But his Online Gaming account still says he needs to...
  10. Why does cloud gaming take so long?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does cloud gaming take so long?: I am currently getting a 240 minute wait time on fortnite, extremely inconvenient. ce8695b9-52ae-462b-9082-0e35c9b93882