Does clearing the cache on an xbox one delete game updates?

Discus and support Does clearing the cache on an xbox one delete game updates? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I was going to clear the cache on my xbox one as i heard it makes the system and games run smoother, I have extremely slow internet so redownloading... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by JustinJc112, Dec 1, 2018.

1. JustinJc112
    JustinJc112 Guest

I was going to clear the cache on my xbox one as i heard it makes the system and games run smoother, I have extremely slow internet so redownloading every game update i have would truly be a pain. I know this was prevalent on this Xbox 360 that's why i
    ask,

:)

JustinJc112, Dec 1, 2018
  2. NotTheZombie
    NotTheZombie Guest
    Gears of Wars 2 BC Crashing

That would be the "Reserved Space" in Manage Game. Click A on it and select Delete. Works same as clear cache on 360.

(especially for L4D2 where idiots use custom settings files that add space jumping etc, that because it gets propagated to you from the host, sits in your cache overriding the normal settings file, so every game from then on unless you clear cache makes you look like a cheater - very annoying when you unexpectedly come across such a game and have to exit to clear cache).

NotTheZombie, Dec 1, 2018
  3. jstep
    jstep Guest
    XBox One disc goes back into console on ejection

Have you tried doing a hard shutdown on your Xbox? Like clearing the cache and everything? Try this and see if it still does it. This generally fixes most glitches! Does clearing the cache on an xbox one delete game updates? :) Clearing your Cache

jstep, Dec 1, 2018
  4. FreakRoach
    FreakRoach Guest

Clearing the cache will not delete the installed updates.

FreakRoach, Dec 1, 2018
  5. Nixelplex
    Nixelplex Guest
    It just flushes out the memory and temp files. Will not delete updates.

Nixelplex, Nov 6, 2018
  6. Nixelplex Win User

It just flushes out the memory and temp files. Will not delete updates.
  7. FreakRoach Win User

Clearing the cache will not delete the installed updates.
  8. ENGINEER H4RR7 Win User

No noise

Just want to make it clear, does clearing the cache also clear all updates for the games I have? Also, does it delete any DLC content for games?
  9. medium bloke Win User

XBOX Skylanders Giants stuck on autosave

Have you tried clearing the Cache? This just removes small updates, you may need to re-download them after clearing the cache. It does NOT delete your profile or saved games.

-

support.xbox.com/.../clear-system-cache
  10. BLADE4U98 Win User

Skyrim DLC Hearthfire trouble

Delete ALL add-ons, delete TITLE UPDATE from the game file, clear system cache, reboot Xbox, download ALL add-ons before starting the game again.
Thema:

1. Does clearing the cache on an xbox one delete game updates? - Similar Threads - Does clearing cache

2. I have an Xbox 360, does the console need any update

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have an Xbox 360, does the console need any update: Does my Xbox 360 console need any updates that I am not aware of 70a07d6f-ae55-4f3c-8c1f-41f88fb585b2
  3. How easily does a hdmi Port break on an xbox series x

in XboX Insiders
    How easily does a hdmi Port break on an xbox series x: I go to my dads on a Thursday and Sunday and take my xbox series X which obviously has a hdmi port, the port has broke twice over the past 2 years because of this because i forgot to take the hdmi...
  4. Why does my x rocker chair when plugged it my household socket and turned on does it set...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my x rocker chair when plugged it my household socket and turned on does it set...: Why does my x rocker chair when plugged it in my household socket and turned on does it set sombodys house alarm start blaring thanks in advance 3446b748-880c-421d-b13b-a923768fc288
  5. Does anyone know if there is an adapter for this cable to windows 10 via usb

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does anyone know if there is an adapter for this cable to windows 10 via usb: This cable is for my logitech steering wheel e4773a0a-cfb8-43d9-b85f-581b9e190360
  6. Why does my Microsoft LifeChat LX-3000, Black work on my personal desktop but not work on...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Microsoft LifeChat LX-3000, Black work on my personal desktop but not work on...: I work remote. My team can hear me on Zoom or Skype on my personal desktop. But in Citrix and the cati or whatever that software is that we use to do surveys, one or both of these aren't working...
  7. How long does a refund from xbox take to clear into my bank account?

in XBoX on Windows
    How long does a refund from xbox take to clear into my bank account?: I requested a refund for an item I accidentally bought around 10 days ago now and it was approved, however the money has not been refunded onto my card. When will the money clear back into my...
  8. Email does not exist, but it clearly does.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Email does not exist, but it clearly does.: I've been logged out of my xbox and microsoft accounts. Attempting to log back into the account, I'm told the email I've entered does not exist. However, when trying to create a new account with...
  9. I cleared my save data for minecraft on settings, does that mean my worlds are permanently...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cleared my save data for minecraft on settings, does that mean my worlds are permanently...: They are still there but when I try to load into them it just give me a error message saying "failed to sync world" ive gotten this message before and was able to get past it but I can't with this...
  10. What does clear local xbox 360 delete?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What does clear local xbox 360 delete?: i just want to increase my storage and i found this can anyone help me dfe928eb-2df5-4885-a0d4-bd314edb4965