Does changing Subscription plan allow the rest of the old plan to continue before new plan?

Discus and support Does changing Subscription plan allow the rest of the old plan to continue before new plan? in XBoX Sales and Promo to solve the problem; Hey, I'm currently going to be changing my Xbox Live Gold plan from $30.00 for 3 months to the $80.00 for a year plan, and my mum wants to know if the... Discussion in 'XBoX Sales and Promo' started by DeadeyeXL1, Oct 14, 2018.

1. DeadeyeXL1
    DeadeyeXL1 Guest

Does changing Subscription plan allow the rest of the old plan to continue before new plan?

Hey, I'm currently going to be changing my Xbox Live Gold plan from $30.00 for 3 months to the $80.00 for a year plan, and my mum wants to know if the old plan (3 months) will continue before switching to the 12 month. We recently got billed for the 3 months
    so she wants to know if we'll have 15 months of Gold instead of 12 months as the old plan just got payed. Thanks for any info you guys can give, it's really appreciated.

:)

DeadeyeXL1, Oct 14, 2018
  2. Mister Rush
    Mister Rush Guest
    Zune Music Pass no longer offering 10 song credits??

Hi cmswenson,

The plan is still available if you were subscribed to it before the switch to Xbox Music and if your had auto-renew enabled on that plan. If your plan broke the subscription at any time after the change then you would no longer be able to essentially re-subscribe
    to the old Zune plan. Did your plan break at some point or did you have auto-renew enabled on it? Let us know. Thanks!

Mister Rush, Oct 14, 2018
  3. Judge
    Judge Guest
    Family Gold Package Cancelled = STUPID!

You were getting a bargain before, now you have to pay the same everyone else does. It isn't ideal, but I wouldn't be surprised if they cancelled it to reveal a new subscription type plan in the near future.

Judge, Oct 14, 2018
  4. Arminator
    Arminator Guest

Usually the time should stack, meaning that if you now change to a 12 month plan, you will stay on the current three months, and when the time comes to renew the membership after those 3 months, you will billed the amount for your 12 month subscription.

However, it seems that Xbox changed the time when the subscription renews from billing everyone on the same day, to billing each one on the day they initially started their subscription.

So in case you get billed twice, you need to contact the official support at
    https://support.xbox.com/contact-us
    if anything goes unexpectedly.

Arminator, Oct 14, 2018
  5. Arminator Win User

Usually the time should stack, meaning that if you now change to a 12 month plan, you will stay on the current three months, and when the time comes to renew the membership after those 3 months, you will billed the amount for your 12 month subscription.

However, it seems that Xbox changed the time when the subscription renews from billing everyone on the same day, to billing each one on the day they initially started their subscription.

So in case you get billed twice, you need to contact the official support at
    https://support.xbox.com/contact-us
    if anything goes unexpectedly.
  6. Mister Rush Win User

Zune Music Pass no longer offering 10 song credits??

Hi cmswenson,

The plan is still available if you were subscribed to it before the switch to Xbox Music and if your had auto-renew enabled on that plan. If your plan broke the subscription at any time after the change then you would no longer be able to essentially re-subscribe
    to the old Zune plan. Did your plan break at some point or did you have auto-renew enabled on it? Let us know. Thanks!
  7. BongKaos Win User

Just WOW! Family Gold Plan gone. Just got a crummy email.

Indeed. The current Family Plan was discontinued a while back. Existing members were allowed to continue it. Some big changes are happening and a NEW plan is being formulated... ( the ONE situation ). THANK YOU for the feedback but, remember change
    is coming.... That free 3 months seems resonable IMO---- By then a New Family plan will be availible!!!! Please, Hold Your Breath Untill the next payment is needed.... GOOD LUCK!!!!
  8. ngocphi Win User

cant change renewal period for gold

You cannot change your plan because you are 21 days or more into the current plan not ,before

If you had changed the plans before renewal you wouldnt have had an issue
  9. Farscape247 Win User

Change subscription plan to 1yr

microsoft no longer sell the 12 months, but you can buy a pre paid 12 month code from any good retailer online or brick and mortar, you can usually get 12 months cheaper too. then you can remove your card.
Thema:

1. Does changing Subscription plan allow the rest of the old plan to continue before new plan? - Similar Threads - Does changing Subscription

2. How much does changing your gamertag in Australia cost?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How much does changing your gamertag in Australia cost?: I want to change my gamertag but I don't know how much it costs for your second change in Australia. SOMEONE TELL ME 0b225e32-443d-4a51-ad8c-abaa00e386db
  3. Why does Microsoft make it impossible to change ownership of an Xbox account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does Microsoft make it impossible to change ownership of an Xbox account?: My kids were too young to have their own accounts on the Xbox, now they are teenagers and have spent alot of money and earned a bunch of achievements, but Microsoft says I can't transfer the...
  4. Minecraft Java doesn't let me change my skin, all it does is return an error (both site and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Java doesn't let me change my skin, all it does is return an error (both site and...: Simply put, when i try to update my Minecraft skin, it just returns an "Sorry! Something unexpected went wrong..." error. And as for the site, whenever i try updating it, it doesn't return...
  5. Why does this Xbox insist that I am in the United Kingdom and give me no option to change it??

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does this Xbox insist that I am in the United Kingdom and give me no option to change it??: I just purchased the Xbox series x and throughout the setup I saw no where that I could have possibly told it that I was in the uk, but now that I am trying to set up a payment form for game pass,...
  6. Does Xbox support revert to previous gamertag and charge again if changing another gamertag?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Does Xbox support revert to previous gamertag and charge again if changing another gamertag?: Is it possible if I get refunded for asking Xbox support about reverting gamertag to previous and change to other one for free? 0a33d492-3da4-4bcd-ba10-38f73a3b3efd
  7. Why does my mouse change colors when i die in PUBG

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my mouse change colors when i die in PUBG: Whenever I die in PUBG my mouse decides to change colors. It doesn't do it for any other game except PUBG. I have tried reinstalling it, verifying the files and all that stuff, but nothing. I...
  8. Xbox Profile change button does not work and neither do the paddles on the back - Xbox...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Profile change button does not work and neither do the paddles on the back - Xbox...: I have searched everywhere for a solution but have not found any answers. I was playing some games and the controller was working fine the paddles were working and the profile lights were showing...
  9. I accidentally changes by FPS to 120 and my monitor does not support it. My screen went all...

in XBoX on Windows
    I accidentally changes by FPS to 120 and my monitor does not support it. My screen went all...: I accidentally changes by FPS to 120 and my monitor does not support it. My screen went all black and now I cannot change it back, what do I do?? d773dcc1-0ce0-41c0-8089-04140cf53767
  10. Why does my elite series 2 controller suddenly and randomly change direction

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my elite series 2 controller suddenly and randomly change direction: I bought a new Elite Series 2 Controller direct from Microsoft less than a month ago. With it I've put in over 200 hours into Starfield as well as a few hours into other games I play with my...