does changing e-mail log in information on xbox live, keep your old games, progress, etc.?

Discus and support does changing e-mail log in information on xbox live, keep your old games, progress, etc.? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; If I change the email log in for my xbox live account, do my games, gamer tag, etc. stay with me? or do I have to start over? My teen would like to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by WellBrush117440, Dec 31, 2015.

1. does changing e-mail log in information on xbox live, keep your old games, progress, etc.?

If I change the email log in for my xbox live account, do my games, gamer tag, etc. stay with me? or do I have to start over? My teen would like to change her log in from my email address to her own for xbox 360 and xbox 1, but does not want to lose her
    saved and purchased stuff. thankss

:)

WellBrush117440, Dec 31, 2015
  2. gillon
    gillon Guest
    Can I add Gears 3 to my download list without an Xbox 360?

I'm already logged into my Xbox account on PC

Do you have an Xbox 360?

gillon, Dec 31, 2015
  3. deactivation

Start by changing the e-mail on your old account to a different e-mail address. That will free up the e-mail address from the old account so that it can be used on your new account.

BrianCappelletty, Dec 31, 2015
  4. does changing e-mail log in information on xbox live, keep your old games, progress, etc.?

When changing login information everything stays with the account.

JenniferHelms, Feb 29, 2016
  5. JenniferHelms Win User

does changing e-mail log in information on xbox live, keep your old games, progress, etc.?

When changing login information everything stays with the account.
  6. OCRyzen Win User

Trying to change my Windows Live ID Email problems?

Are you trying to change your Sign-in information (e-mail address), while the Xbox 360 is turned on & connected to Xbox Live..?? If you are, turn off your console & sign out of xbox.com & hotmail.com.. Then, Log back into xbox.com & try again in My Account
    etc..
  7. HassanB Win User

Weird things happened after gamertag change.

I suggest contacting phone support after you've confirmed that this could be the only possible e-mail address that you could have used to login to your XBOX Live Account. I say this because "IngrownSpring0" is an automatically generated gamertag that you
    get when you use an e-mail on XBOX.com that does not have an XBOX Live Gamertag attached to it. So I'm assuming here that your using the wrong e-mail to login to the account. If you get e-mails to that e-mail address, it's possible that this e-mail was changed
    by you or someone else as XBOX.com and the console has 2 different places you can input different e-mails (one being a Windows Live ID, and one being a communication e-mail, for points confirmation etc etc).

The other possibility could be that your account was somehow compromised in either case to find out more information about this you'd have to contact phone support for your region and speak with customer support about the options of getting your account restored
    or finding out how to confirm that you are the owner of the account.
  8. I Dashboard It Win User

Help please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When I saw the title I thought it was going to be a harassment problem...

-

If that old e-mail no longer exists, create a new e-mail and change the WLID on the Xbox LIVE account to the new e-mail.

-

Happy gaming!
  9. gds1972 Win User

Changing emails

Hi

If this account/E-mail was setup only used with Xbox then it should be possible to change the E-mail address on the
    Microsoft Profile page however if this E-mail address is also used by your sister for any of the other services provided by Microsoft such as Skype, Onedrive, Office 365 etc then it will not
    be possible to change the E-mail address for just the Xbox live account.
Thema:

1. does changing e-mail log in information on xbox live, keep your old games, progress, etc.? - Similar Threads - does changing mail

2. Why does my Xbox look like this? Changed hdmi ports on the TV, hard restarted the console,...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox look like this? Changed hdmi ports on the TV, hard restarted the console,...: [img] here is a photo of what it looks like bb1e3daf-04bc-4be3-9fd6-114ba54710be
  3. How much does changing your gamertag in Australia cost?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How much does changing your gamertag in Australia cost?: I want to change my gamertag but I don't know how much it costs for your second change in Australia. SOMEONE TELL ME 0b225e32-443d-4a51-ad8c-abaa00e386db
  4. Why does Microsoft make it impossible to change ownership of an Xbox account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does Microsoft make it impossible to change ownership of an Xbox account?: My kids were too young to have their own accounts on the Xbox, now they are teenagers and have spent alot of money and earned a bunch of achievements, but Microsoft says I can't transfer the...
  5. Minecraft Java doesn't let me change my skin, all it does is return an error (both site and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Java doesn't let me change my skin, all it does is return an error (both site and...: Simply put, when i try to update my Minecraft skin, it just returns an "Sorry! Something unexpected went wrong..." error. And as for the site, whenever i try updating it, it doesn't return...
  6. Why does this Xbox insist that I am in the United Kingdom and give me no option to change it??

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does this Xbox insist that I am in the United Kingdom and give me no option to change it??: I just purchased the Xbox series x and throughout the setup I saw no where that I could have possibly told it that I was in the uk, but now that I am trying to set up a payment form for game pass,...
  7. Does Xbox support revert to previous gamertag and charge again if changing another gamertag?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Does Xbox support revert to previous gamertag and charge again if changing another gamertag?: Is it possible if I get refunded for asking Xbox support about reverting gamertag to previous and change to other one for free? 0a33d492-3da4-4bcd-ba10-38f73a3b3efd
  8. Why does my mouse change colors when i die in PUBG

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my mouse change colors when i die in PUBG: Whenever I die in PUBG my mouse decides to change colors. It doesn't do it for any other game except PUBG. I have tried reinstalling it, verifying the files and all that stuff, but nothing. I...
  9. Xbox Profile change button does not work and neither do the paddles on the back - Xbox...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Profile change button does not work and neither do the paddles on the back - Xbox...: I have searched everywhere for a solution but have not found any answers. I was playing some games and the controller was working fine the paddles were working and the profile lights were showing...
  10. I accidentally changes by FPS to 120 and my monitor does not support it. My screen went all...

in XBoX on Windows
    I accidentally changes by FPS to 120 and my monitor does not support it. My screen went all...: I accidentally changes by FPS to 120 and my monitor does not support it. My screen went all black and now I cannot change it back, what do I do?? d773dcc1-0ce0-41c0-8089-04140cf53767