Does anyone know why media playback controls (through mobile and voice command) don't work...

Discus and support Does anyone know why media playback controls (through mobile and voice command) don't work... in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Media controls (both through google assistant and mobile app) will not work with paramount plus on Xbox. Does anyone know why?... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by MatthewAshman1, Jan 29, 2024.

1. Does anyone know why media playback controls (through mobile and voice command) don't work...

Media controls (both through google assistant and mobile app) will not work with paramount plus on Xbox. Does anyone know why?

:)

MatthewAshman1, Jan 29, 2024
  2. GreyPilgrim-CE541714 Win User

EA Delays Mass Effect 3 Demo Till Feb 14th

Cheers for the info Charmer :).

Quick question.

I saw the latest dashboard video promoting the upcoming demo today and its emphasis seemed to be the voice commands using Kinect. Does anyone know or have any thoughts as to whether the game will support these same voice commands through using the regular headset
    mic?.

I can't see why they would not include that option if the voice commands exist 'as-is'
  3. lostsyntax Win User

Media Remote Menu Button During DVD/Blue-Ray Playback

According tho Xbox Support on twitter there is no way to open a DVD/Blu Ray menu during playback using the Media Remote, suggestion was to use the XB1 controller for this functionality. Which, funny enough, is exactly why I bought the media remote so that
    I don't have to use the XB1 controller for controlling my media.

Sounds like they are working on a solution.
  4. lewgiffard Win User

[quote user="GreyPilgrim"]

Does anyone know or have any thoughts as to whether the game will support these same voice commands through using the regular headset mic?.

I can't see why they would not include that option if the voice commands exist 'as-is'

[/quote]Ive often thought that very same thing - surely its purely a money spinner?

Alas, the answer given on the BioWare SN is that this way Kinect does all of the voice processing for the game, rather than BioWare having to make their own voice processing software and incorporate that into the game in order for it to work with a headset.
    Too much work for those poor devs apparently....
  5. NonSportsGirl Win User

Xbox One - My Home Theater Device: Perks and Consequences

Windows Media Player already installed in Windows 7 (or a free download if you have the N version). Xbox One Media Player to play that content. You can control all playback functions with Kinect.

Alternatively purchase NAS with built in media server. Use Xbox One's Media Player to playback content. Use Kinect to control playback.

Buy a media remote if you don't have Kinect.

You seem to be adding needlessly complex steps to your media playback.
  6. voteDC Win User

[quote user="lewgiffard"]

[quote user="GreyPilgrim"]

Does anyone know or have any thoughts as to whether the game will support these same voice commands through using the regular headset mic?.

I can't see why they would not include that option if the commands voice commands exist as is.

[/quote]Ive often thought that very same thing - surely its purely a money spinner?

Alas, the answer given on the BioWare SN is that this way Kinect does all of the voice processing for the game, rather than BioWare having to make their own voice processing software and incorporate that into the game in order for it to work with a headset.
    Too much work for those poor devs apparently....

[/quote]I would have thought they could easily have written voice recognition for the game that did not require Kinect.

However I would not be surprised if Microsoft did offer them a deal that voice commands would be 360 exclusive.

Then of course is the inevitable Kinect achievement that will be added, no doubt in the hope that it'll make completionists run out and buy the motion control device.
Thema:

Does anyone know why media playback controls (through mobile and voice command) don't work...

1. Does anyone know why media playback controls (through mobile and voice command) don't work... - Similar Threads - Does anyone why

2. Does anyone know why i’m experiencing slow connection with n my xbox? i

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does anyone know why i’m experiencing slow connection with n my xbox? i: ran wifi speed tests on my phone which reached 380 mbps and on my xbox reaching 16mbps in the same location. Only started experiencing these issues for this last week [img] [img] ....
  3. Does anyone know why after fortnites recent update when I ready up, Fortnite freezes and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does anyone know why after fortnites recent update when I ready up, Fortnite freezes and...: After fortnites new season update when I load the game everything is fine and normal. When the game loads everything is normal however as soon as I ready up the game crashes. Is this an xbox issue...
  4. Does anyone know why my Xbox one keeps kicking me from Fortnite I just got it and I’m...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does anyone know why my Xbox one keeps kicking me from Fortnite I just got it and I’m...: Does anyone know why my Xbox one keeps kicking me from Fortnite I just got it and I’m thinking that it’s maybe because I bought it off Amazon 250341e5-267b-41e0-963e-61f06825462c
  5. Does anyone know why my Xbox Series X keeps randomly disconnecting me from the internet?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does anyone know why my Xbox Series X keeps randomly disconnecting me from the internet?: It has been happening out of nowhere for the past few days not. I will be playing games and the it would say I lose connection and then it would come back on in a few second. Then after like 5-10...
  6. Does anyone know why it sits on this screen?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does anyone know why it sits on this screen?: Does anyone know why the game won't load and it just sits on this screen for all the games? e53c33cb-9783-491b-a336-fe994feda3df
  7. Does anyone know why in Microsoft store when updating it gives error code 0x800706C6

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does anyone know why in Microsoft store when updating it gives error code 0x800706C6: When I was about to update my games at Microsoft store when it gives a error message something went wrong it gives code: 0x800706C6. I was doing on LG Gram laptop. Model:14ZB90Q. Is there way to...
  8. Does anyone know why my xbox game bar keeps turning itself off?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does anyone know why my xbox game bar keeps turning itself off?: I will go into my settings and turn it on, then when i come out of my settings and go back in; the game bar has turned itself off? fe33ff60-1ebf-4d03-ae60-bb9afb6f4b2d
  9. Does anyone know why my Roblox that I downloaded from the Microsoft Store has the buttons...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does anyone know why my Roblox that I downloaded from the Microsoft Store has the buttons...: This makes it difficult for me to play because many buttons are not configured correctly for their respective keys. I investigated, and I did not find any information on the problem, also, I...
  10. Does anyone else understand why I’ve received a communication ban on the 18th and then a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does anyone else understand why I’ve received a communication ban on the 18th and then a...: being allowed to play for the whole day till it was permanently banned at night and with it being the 4th day serving this ban I’ve had nothing so much as an email to explain why I have Been...