Does anyone know if buy a Xbox Series X/S game also gives you the Xbox One version as well?

Discus and support Does anyone know if buy a Xbox Series X/S game also gives you the Xbox One version as well? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Basically just what the title says. I am confused on this, I have friends who do not have an xbox series x/s yet. I know that when I bought Battlefield... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by DaBlackNerd, Sep 30, 2022.

1. DaBlackNerd
    DaBlackNerd Guest

Does anyone know if buy a Xbox Series X/S game also gives you the Xbox One version as well?

Basically just what the title says. I am confused on this, I have friends who do not have an xbox series x/s yet. I know that when I bought Battlefield 2043 it allowed me to have both the xbox one version downloaded and the series x version downloaded.

Just trying to figure this all out.

:)

DaBlackNerd, Sep 30, 2022
  2. [ A J ] Win User

Hi, DaBlackNerd! thank you for reaching out.
    My name is AJ, I'm an Independent Advisor for the Xbox Community.

Not all games include their Xbox One and Xbox Series S/X versions with one purchase, this is usually only the case for cross-gen bundles and Dual Entitlement games. These should not be confused with "Smart Delivery", which is a technology that automatically delivers the best version of a game you’ve purchased to your console, regardless of your console’s generation

• Are you looking to purchase a specific game? if so, may I ask which one?

I'll be looking forward to your reply.
    Best regards.
  3. ngocphi Win User

Well only on cross gen bundles or smart delivery games or dual entitlemenr games from ea

There are only a few smart delivery titles and dual entitlement games only last till the next release

Your beat bet is to get cross gen or deluxe bundles that include both
  4. EzequielNeves19 Win User

My friend has gta online on Xbox series X and I have the full game on Xbox one, but we can’t play online together… does he need to buy the full game?

It's important to know which game your friend bought.

I say this because there are currently three versions of the Series X/S game. Gta 5 Online, Gta 5 Series X/S and Grand Theft Auto V (Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S).

If he has purchased Grand Theft Auto V (Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S), which gives access to the game for Xbox One and Xbox Series S/X, he can play online with you as long as he downloads the Xbox One version, so you and he will have the same save and can play online.

If he is a Game Pass Ultimate subscriber he can download the game in the Xbox One version and play with you.
  5. Hoskayra Win User

When entering the Microsoft store hovering over the buy button for Grand theft Auto v Xbox series x|s edition

Hi again Don

There appears to be an issue with the Xbox Series X/S version of Grand Theft Auto V being compatible with the Xbox One Xbox One X version. Therefore, the Xbox Store may not allow you to purchase the Xbox Series of the game if you have an Xbox One.

Buy the Xbox One version of Grand Theft Auto V. This version of the game is compatible with Xbox One X and is cheaper than the Xbox Series X/S version. I'm not sure but I think it's no longer available to buy in the store.

If you decide to upgrade your Xbox One X to an Xbox Series X or Xbox Series S, you can do so through the Xbox Store or an authorized retailer.

Oskayra H.
  6. KindGryphon Win User

If I buy a digital hogwarts Legacy code fro Xbox Series X will it work if I put it in on Xbox one?

I am thinking of buying hogwarts legacy as a digital game but it is sold out for Xbox one so should I buy the Series X game and put the code in the Xbox one Store?
    No. The series X/S version of the game will only work on the Series X or S.

The only way that would work is if it's a code for the digital deluxe version of the game (which comes with both the series x/s and xbox one versions of the game)
Thema:

1. Does anyone know if buy a Xbox Series X/S game also gives you the Xbox One version as well? - Similar Threads - Does anyone buy

2. Does anyone know if there is an adapter for this cable to windows 10 via usb

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does anyone know if there is an adapter for this cable to windows 10 via usb: This cable is for my logitech steering wheel e4773a0a-cfb8-43d9-b85f-581b9e190360
  3. Crazy disco lights glitch, does anyone know a fix?

in XboX Insiders
    Crazy disco lights glitch, does anyone know a fix?: Anyone know of a fix to this? It doesn’t happen in nba2k but it happens all over the screen in fortnite and Lords of the fallen (weird thing is it’s not on the menus) and I have tried just about...
  4. does anyone know how to turn on background apps permissions on Xbox game bar? "background...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    does anyone know how to turn on background apps permissions on Xbox game bar? "background...: I have been looking for literal HOURS on the internet and havnet found anything. I went to every setting and still nothing. if anyone could help me, that would be amazing....
  5. Does anyone know how to transfer money from your Microsoft account to your xbox account.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does anyone know how to transfer money from your Microsoft account to your xbox account.: I am wondering this question because recently I got $5 from Microsoft rewards which said it was for xbox. I went to see if I could use the money but realized that it was in Microsoft account and...
  6. Does anyone know how to fix this? (0x87dd001a)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does anyone know how to fix this? (0x87dd001a): I cant load up anything or connect to xbox live. Everytime i try this error code comes up (0x87dd001a) Anyone got any solutions 667671f2-992d-483f-87aa-5f2fc507a9da
  7. Does anyone know if Microsoft has been looking into fixing the audio delay with dolby atmos...

in XBoX on Windows
    Does anyone know if Microsoft has been looking into fixing the audio delay with dolby atmos...: https://www.purexbox.com/news/2023/08/digital-foundry-highlights-dolby-atmos-issues-on-xbox-playground-games-engineer-responds Just curious if anyone knows whether this has actually been looked...
  8. When I try to open any xbox website it does not load for me. Does anyone have any idea

in XBoX on Consoles
    When I try to open any xbox website it does not load for me. Does anyone have any idea: My internet is okay because I did a test along with I opened other apps. I have had the xbox customer support open for over an hour and hasnt loaded on my pc. Any ideas?...
  9. Xbox problems reported but does anyone listen

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox problems reported but does anyone listen: I have reported issues for the last several builds which only seems to fall on deaf ears. Is there anyway to see status of issues raised ? Even went as far as trying to communicate with someone...
  10. My xbox keeps disconecting me from virgin media does anyone know how to fix this

in XBoX Accessibility
    My xbox keeps disconecting me from virgin media does anyone know how to fix this: My xbox series x keeps disconecting me from virgin media and multi player does anyone know how to fix this issue. 7339beda-3336-43b2-9fc1-d30f4714b04b