Does anyone know how to get MKV files playing from an external HD on XBox 1?

Discus and support Does anyone know how to get MKV files playing from an external HD on XBox 1? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi all, I recently bought an X Box 1 (2nd hand) to use as a media centre. I have an external HD with movies. I DLed VLC, got set up etc. Now it plays... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Merely1977, Jul 2, 2018.

1. Merely1977
    Merely1977 Guest

Hi all, I recently bought an X Box 1 (2nd hand) to use as a media centre. I have an external HD with movies. I DLed VLC, got set up etc. Now it plays the TV series happily enough but when I try to go into the folder labelled "movies" it says "nothing to
    see here". I think it is because the TV shows are MP4s but the movies are MKVs. I looked up whether Xbox 1 supports MKV and it says it does. Can anyone help?

Thanks muchly

Merely

:)

Merely1977, Jul 2, 2018
  2. nicentra93
    nicentra93 Guest
    Play to MKV Files

Hi I have a bit of problem, I know the Xbox One is capable of playing MKV files via the play to function on any Windows 8/8.1 computer which I made us of but now suddenly the Play to button vanished for all mkv files, avi and mp4 are just fine but the xbox
    one suddenly refuses to play mkv files.

Does anyone happen to know why? Thanks in advance

nicentra93, Jul 2, 2018
  3. Mister Cerb
    Mister Cerb Guest
    Playing Xvids on Xbox (having issues)

Hey there Battle! Let's see what we can do to get things sorted.

To start things off, here's a few questions for you:

1. How are you trying to play these files (stream from PC, external HD, etc)?
    2. How do you mean change the names of the files? Do you mean from .mkv to .avi?
    3. What sorts of files are working for you on your Xbox 360 console?

Let us know and we'll try to get things figured out with you. =)

Mister Cerb, Jul 2, 2018
  4. Shaggy2000
    Shaggy2000 Guest

Erm......................Not saying what you've done is wrong, but why use an Xbox One as a media centre?

Wouldn't it have been cheaper and better to just build a small PC? I mean you wouldn't need anything over an I3 processor or a beast of a graphics card.

As for the problems you're having, no idea. I'm sure someone will be along who will know.

Shaggy2000, Jul 2, 2018
  5. steeledwand7664, Jul 2, 2018
  6. EggsBoxJuan
    EggsBoxJuan Guest
    Hi, Xbox Media player seems to play my MKV files pretty well, maybe give that a shot.

EggsBoxJuan, Nov 3, 2018
  7. Shaggy2000 Win User

Erm......................Not saying what you've done is wrong, but why use an Xbox One as a media centre?

Wouldn't it have been cheaper and better to just build a small PC? I mean you wouldn't need anything over an I3 processor or a beast of a graphics card.

As for the problems you're having, no idea. I'm sure someone will be along who will know.
  8. EggsBoxJuan Win User

Hi, Xbox Media player seems to play my MKV files pretty well, maybe give that a shot.
  9. steeledwand7664 Win User

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/apps/mkv-support

would be the only info on it
  10. Mister Cerb Win User

Playing Xvids on Xbox (having issues)

Hey there Battle! Let's see what we can do to get things sorted.

To start things off, here's a few questions for you:

1. How are you trying to play these files (stream from PC, external HD, etc)?
    2. How do you mean change the names of the files? Do you mean from .mkv to .avi?
    3. What sorts of files are working for you on your Xbox 360 console?

Let us know and we'll try to get things figured out with you. =)
  11. ElmcoSwe Win User

Error 0x00d5212 (0xc00d5212)

I also have problems playing MKV files with DTS sound, gets ERROR 0x00d5212, does any one know why?
Thema:

1. Does anyone know how to get MKV files playing from an external HD on XBox 1? - Similar Threads - Does anyone MKV

2. Crazy disco lights glitch, does anyone know a fix?

in XboX Insiders
    Crazy disco lights glitch, does anyone know a fix?: Anyone know of a fix to this? It doesn’t happen in nba2k but it happens all over the screen in fortnite and Lords of the fallen (weird thing is it’s not on the menus) and I have tried just about...
  3. does anyone know how to turn on background apps permissions on Xbox game bar? "background...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    does anyone know how to turn on background apps permissions on Xbox game bar? "background...: I have been looking for literal HOURS on the internet and havnet found anything. I went to every setting and still nothing. if anyone could help me, that would be amazing....
  4. Does anyone know how to transfer money from your Microsoft account to your xbox account.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does anyone know how to transfer money from your Microsoft account to your xbox account.: I am wondering this question because recently I got $5 from Microsoft rewards which said it was for xbox. I went to see if I could use the money but realized that it was in Microsoft account and...
  5. Does anyone know how to fix this? (0x87dd001a)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does anyone know how to fix this? (0x87dd001a): I cant load up anything or connect to xbox live. Everytime i try this error code comes up (0x87dd001a) Anyone got any solutions 667671f2-992d-483f-87aa-5f2fc507a9da
  6. Does anyone know if Microsoft has been looking into fixing the audio delay with dolby atmos...

in XBoX on Windows
    Does anyone know if Microsoft has been looking into fixing the audio delay with dolby atmos...: https://www.purexbox.com/news/2023/08/digital-foundry-highlights-dolby-atmos-issues-on-xbox-playground-games-engineer-responds Just curious if anyone knows whether this has actually been looked...
  7. When I try to open any xbox website it does not load for me. Does anyone have any idea

in XBoX on Consoles
    When I try to open any xbox website it does not load for me. Does anyone have any idea: My internet is okay because I did a test along with I opened other apps. I have had the xbox customer support open for over an hour and hasnt loaded on my pc. Any ideas?...
  8. Xbox problems reported but does anyone listen

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox problems reported but does anyone listen: I have reported issues for the last several builds which only seems to fall on deaf ears. Is there anyway to see status of issues raised ? Even went as far as trying to communicate with someone...
  9. My xbox keeps disconecting me from virgin media does anyone know how to fix this

in XBoX Accessibility
    My xbox keeps disconecting me from virgin media does anyone know how to fix this: My xbox series x keeps disconecting me from virgin media and multi player does anyone know how to fix this issue. 7339beda-3336-43b2-9fc1-d30f4714b04b
  10. Does anyone know why media playback controls (through mobile and voice command) don't work...

in XBoX on Windows
    Does anyone know why media playback controls (through mobile and voice command) don't work...: Media controls (both through google assistant and mobile app) will not work with paramount plus on Xbox. Does anyone know why? c3624f1e-a08a-45c2-be39-1fda9e8618ba