Does anyone know how to fix Microsoft Store and Xbox Game Bar not working?

Discus and support Does anyone know how to fix Microsoft Store and Xbox Game Bar not working? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Whenever I try to open Microsoft Store or the Xbox Game Bar, they simply don't open. I typed in Microsoft Store in the start menu, and it's there, but... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Scridiot, May 14, 2023.

1. Scridiot
    Scridiot Guest

Whenever I try to open Microsoft Store or the Xbox Game Bar, they simply don't open. I typed in Microsoft Store in the start menu, and it's there, but the thumbnail's not as it's supposed to be. I've contacted support for this on three occasions; they updated my drivers, reinstalled Windows, and I went as far as to factory reset (with keeping files on; I have too many to want to lose). I'm unsure of what to do at this point.

:)

Scridiot, May 14, 2023
  2. WattyNuela Win User

Hello
    Thanks for the additional information, in your situation I recommend instead to perform a custom Windows installation + format your drives

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

If you have important files on your PC, make sure to backup them properly using an external drive or USB
  3. WattyNuela Win User

Hello there, this is Manuela!. I'm an Independent Advisor and community user willing to assist with this

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this problem with your PC
    Let's try to isolate this problem more, for this try creating a new user in your PC and see if it's possible to use the game bar and the store
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/cre...

If the issue hasn't been solved I recommend instead to perform an in-place upgrade for your system following the steps provided in this thread

If you're using Windows 11 I'm going to share the steps for it (they're similar)

By the way, the in-place upgrade doesn't delete your files
  4. Scridiot Win User

Hello, Manuela.

I've created the new user, though it doesn't seem to work on that user there either. I've already performed the in-place upgrade on the previous contacts with the support staff, and it only seemed to make the issue worse.
  5. mcgarnaglewolf Win User

playing online

and uninstalling and reinstalling games doesnt work does anyone know how to fix this
  6. XBF Leo G Win User

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Hey Go on Motion,

Thank
    you for letting us know that the issue has been fixed. We'll be locking the thread as the issue has been resolved. If you require any help with any other issues, please feel free to come back to the Xbox Forums for further assistance. If anyone needs assistance
    with this issue or any other issues, we suggest creating a new thread.

Thank you
    again and have a great day
    Go on Motion!
Thema:

1. Does anyone know how to fix Microsoft Store and Xbox Game Bar not working? - Similar Threads - Does anyone fix

2. Crazy disco lights glitch, does anyone know a fix?

in XboX Insiders
    Crazy disco lights glitch, does anyone know a fix?: Anyone know of a fix to this? It doesn’t happen in nba2k but it happens all over the screen in fortnite and Lords of the fallen (weird thing is it’s not on the menus) and I have tried just about...
  3. Does anyone know how to fix this? (0x87dd001a)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does anyone know how to fix this? (0x87dd001a): I cant load up anything or connect to xbox live. Everytime i try this error code comes up (0x87dd001a) Anyone got any solutions 667671f2-992d-483f-87aa-5f2fc507a9da
  4. Does anyone know if Microsoft has been looking into fixing the audio delay with dolby atmos...

in XBoX on Windows
    Does anyone know if Microsoft has been looking into fixing the audio delay with dolby atmos...: https://www.purexbox.com/news/2023/08/digital-foundry-highlights-dolby-atmos-issues-on-xbox-playground-games-engineer-responds Just curious if anyone knows whether this has actually been looked...
  5. My xbox keeps disconecting me from virgin media does anyone know how to fix this

in XBoX Accessibility
    My xbox keeps disconecting me from virgin media does anyone know how to fix this: My xbox series x keeps disconecting me from virgin media and multi player does anyone know how to fix this issue. 7339beda-3336-43b2-9fc1-d30f4714b04b
  6. does anyone know how to fix all 3 of the xbox usb ports not working on my xbox series ?...

in XBoX on Consoles
    does anyone know how to fix all 3 of the xbox usb ports not working on my xbox series ?...: hey, my Xbox was working perfectly fine for a long time whenever I just woke up and turned it on none of the three USB ports were giving power to anything I had plugged into it so I tried...
  7. my wireless adapter does not work does anyone know how to fix it?

in XBoX on Windows
    my wireless adapter does not work does anyone know how to fix it?: i got a new controller with a adapter so i tried the adapter and it didn't work please help i spend a 100 dollars on my controller and i can't even play on my pc...
  8. Baldurs Gate 3 crashing. Does anyone know a fix?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Baldurs Gate 3 crashing. Does anyone know a fix?: Everytime I start up Baldurs Gate 3, the game crashes before loading the menu. My Larian Account is not conected to my Xbox Account and it stil happens, after I delted all my game data an...
  9. Does anyone know how to fix the Game Bar that will not open with Windows 11?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does anyone know how to fix the Game Bar that will not open with Windows 11?: Game Bar no longer opens when I use the shortcut Windows + G. I have gone into my apps, uninstalled the game bar, and reinstalled it. This did not work either. Upon clicking the shortcut on my...
  10. Hi does anyone know how I’m able to fix my game so that when I turn my iPhone sideways the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hi does anyone know how I’m able to fix my game so that when I turn my iPhone sideways the...: Hi does anyone know how I’m able to fix my game so that when I turn my iPhone sideways the game I have streamed in it will also turn to the side I have it on ce4c95f1-62e7-488c-984a-2c58e210927a