Does anyone know how to connect speakers to the Xbox series s with only just a monitor and...

Discus and support Does anyone know how to connect speakers to the Xbox series s with only just a monitor and... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I just bought an mag274r2 monitor for my series s and I do not have a pc and I just bought some speakers because I don’t like having my headphones in... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by shamon feaster, Feb 4, 2023.

1. Does anyone know how to connect speakers to the Xbox series s with only just a monitor and...

I just bought an mag274r2 monitor for my series s and I do not have a pc and I just bought some speakers because I don’t like having my headphones in for that long, but my problem is that I can not hear sound from my console no matter if I plug in the speakers to the system itself or the monitor, so does anyone have any suggestions on what I should do?

:)

shamon feaster, Feb 4, 2023
  2. Rostom L Win User

Does anyone know how to connect speakers to the Xbox series s with only just a monitor and no pc?

Hi Shamon! I'm Rostom, an Independent Advisor. I will be glad to help you here.

Let's change your TV settings.

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    Select Profile & system > Settings.
    Under General, select TV & display options.
    Video fidelity and overscan
    Overrides > Change it to DVI or HDMI.

Let me know which one will work.
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

Does anyone know how to connect speakers to the Xbox series s with only just a monitor and no pc?

Hi,

If you plug in headphones into the 3.5mm headphone jack do you hear audio?

Are you sure the audio volume is turned up on your monitor settings?

What 'speakers' did you buy?

Most PC type speakers that connect via a 3.5mm audio jack should work. However, as the audio output port doesn't provide power, you'll need a set of powered speakers connected to the mains supply.
  4. XBF Diego M Win User

Xbox One in monitor no sound

Hi Mayxze,

The sound is transmitted through the HDMI cable so you may need an audio receiver in between the monitor and your Xbox. Would you mind explaining how you have the Xbox set up to your monitor and are the speakers external or internal from the monitor?

You may need to find some speakers that connect using the optical S/PDIF port in the back if your monitor does not have internal speakers.

Here is how to set up your Xbox to an audio receiver:
    https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/connect-sound-system

I hope this helps!
  5. StuartATrueRed Win User

xbox one s

Yes, you can use the Xbox One/S/X with a PC monitor with a hdmi connection. bear in mind though, if the monitor does not have speakers, then you will need to use a headset for sound.
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

120 fps on 144hz monitor?

Hi,

Not 'any monitor' no. They need to be be pretty much exactly 120Hz over HDMI. Forget the other refresh rates, 144Hz and beyond are PC refresh rates for PC connected via Display Port. Just because a display says 144Hz, 166Hz or whatever, doesn't mean it will support 120Hz when connected to an Xbox Series X.

However, monitor's have become really popular for console owners since the latest machines launched in 2020. There are loads of reviews of monitors that have been proven to work on Xbox Series X|S consoles.

https://www.eurogamer.net/digitalfoundry-best-gaming-monitor-7003

https://www.rtings.com/monitor/reviews/best/xbox-series-x-s

Also, YouTube is a great source of reviews and recommendations for displays for the Xbox Series X|S console. Ignore the reviews that are for PC unless they specifically show the monitor working on a console.

Lastly, bear in mind that unlike TV's, most monitors do not have built in speakers. To achieve sound without headphones will require you to connect a set of PC speakers via the monitors built in 3.5mm headphone jack.
Thema:

Does anyone know how to connect speakers to the Xbox series s with only just a monitor and...

1. Does anyone know how to connect speakers to the Xbox series s with only just a monitor and... - Similar Threads - Does anyone connect

2. Does anyone know if there is an adapter for this cable to windows 10 via usb

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does anyone know if there is an adapter for this cable to windows 10 via usb: This cable is for my logitech steering wheel e4773a0a-cfb8-43d9-b85f-581b9e190360
  3. Crazy disco lights glitch, does anyone know a fix?

in XboX Insiders
    Crazy disco lights glitch, does anyone know a fix?: Anyone know of a fix to this? It doesn’t happen in nba2k but it happens all over the screen in fortnite and Lords of the fallen (weird thing is it’s not on the menus) and I have tried just about...
  4. does anyone know how to turn on background apps permissions on Xbox game bar? "background...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    does anyone know how to turn on background apps permissions on Xbox game bar? "background...: I have been looking for literal HOURS on the internet and havnet found anything. I went to every setting and still nothing. if anyone could help me, that would be amazing....
  5. Does anyone know how to transfer money from your Microsoft account to your xbox account.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does anyone know how to transfer money from your Microsoft account to your xbox account.: I am wondering this question because recently I got $5 from Microsoft rewards which said it was for xbox. I went to see if I could use the money but realized that it was in Microsoft account and...
  6. Does anyone know how to fix this? (0x87dd001a)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does anyone know how to fix this? (0x87dd001a): I cant load up anything or connect to xbox live. Everytime i try this error code comes up (0x87dd001a) Anyone got any solutions 667671f2-992d-483f-87aa-5f2fc507a9da
  7. Does anyone know if Microsoft has been looking into fixing the audio delay with dolby atmos...

in XBoX on Windows
    Does anyone know if Microsoft has been looking into fixing the audio delay with dolby atmos...: https://www.purexbox.com/news/2023/08/digital-foundry-highlights-dolby-atmos-issues-on-xbox-playground-games-engineer-responds Just curious if anyone knows whether this has actually been looked...
  8. Does anyone know why i’m experiencing slow connection with n my xbox? i

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does anyone know why i’m experiencing slow connection with n my xbox? i: ran wifi speed tests on my phone which reached 380 mbps and on my xbox reaching 16mbps in the same location. Only started experiencing these issues for this last week [img] [img] ....
  9. Does anyone know how to fix my Wi-Fi connection dropping every 5 minutes?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does anyone know how to fix my Wi-Fi connection dropping every 5 minutes?: While trying to download a game update my wifi connection keeps dropping roughly every 5 minutes. I’m connected with Starlink wirelessly and I’m watching my data screen. No other devices lose...
  10. Does anyone know if the Xbox Wireless Headset when connected with the USB-C cable to the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does anyone know if the Xbox Wireless Headset when connected with the USB-C cable to the...: Does anyone know if the Xbox Wireless Headset when connected with the USB-C cable to the Xbox Series X outputs the audio through the cable instead of wirelessly? Would really like the option to...