Does Anyone Know A Solution To Having A Friend Muted But You Can’t Unmute Them?

Discus and support Does Anyone Know A Solution To Having A Friend Muted But You Can’t Unmute Them? in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; I Try To Unmute Them But It Doesn’t Do Anything? f83c4683-e691-456e-b2fc-c9e57b799919 Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by Normalfishy, Jan 16, 2023.

1. Normalfishy
    Normalfishy Guest

I Try To Unmute Them But It Doesn’t Do Anything?

:)

Normalfishy, Jan 16, 2023
  2. StevenK_M Win User

Hello Normalfishy,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to Xbox community forums. I understand how important this matter is for you.

Normally, you can unmute a friend from their profile card. But there's also a possibility that unmuting your friend requires validation from the Enforcement team which takes time to unmute them. If your friend is still muted, I'd highly suggest contacting our Xbox Support team for further investigation on this issue.

I hope this clarifies your concern.

Regards,

StevenK
  3. Chad . Win User

Why can't I hear non-friends?

I learned recently that if you turn on a parental control setting, you can’t hear non friends and they can’t hear you or see your online status; I suppose be able to message you either. I didn’t know this was a thing till I noticed someone I don’t recall ever muting appeared as if I had muted them; but didn’t say unmute under their profile.
  4. xShadoWxchAos Win User

Everyone showing Offline, Hard reboot and readding account failed to fix

I may know a temp solution, if you inv them to party they will be muted unmute them and it works as long as it's a small party tho.
  5. JUSTxEDDIEx Win User

I blocked my friend by accident can unblock him need help

Yeah that’s the problem when you press unblock it auto blocks them again and you can’t unmute them so you can’t hear them but they don’t have you blocked they can hear you but you can’t unmute them and it’s weird because you have them added but when you go to their profile to see if you have them blocked it does
  6. Kickstone Win User

Friends muted

I also have this issue and so does my son. He has a friend and his friend is unable to unmute him. He didn't place him on mute in the first place. He tries to unmute on his friends list but it just reverts back. I have his friend on my list and he is muted
    under my account....through choice :). But I too can't unmute him now. Tried on my friends list, reverts back to muted. Tried by going under my profile, going to following, selecting muted, unmuting him there.....still the same.

Anybody got any ideas? Could Fortnite have anything to do with it? Tried going in to party, then going to in game chat, leaving it for 10 secs, going back to party and unmuting. Has worked for some....not for me. Please, help me. my son won't stop moaning
    about it. Is it something that just resolves itself or is that it?
Thema:

1. Does Anyone Know A Solution To Having A Friend Muted But You Can’t Unmute Them? - Similar Threads - Does Anyone Solution

2. Crazy disco lights glitch, does anyone know a fix?

in XboX Insiders
    Crazy disco lights glitch, does anyone know a fix?: Anyone know of a fix to this? It doesn’t happen in nba2k but it happens all over the screen in fortnite and Lords of the fallen (weird thing is it’s not on the menus) and I have tried just about...
  3. does anyone know how to turn on background apps permissions on Xbox game bar? "background...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    does anyone know how to turn on background apps permissions on Xbox game bar? "background...: I have been looking for literal HOURS on the internet and havnet found anything. I went to every setting and still nothing. if anyone could help me, that would be amazing....
  4. Does anyone know how to transfer money from your Microsoft account to your xbox account.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does anyone know how to transfer money from your Microsoft account to your xbox account.: I am wondering this question because recently I got $5 from Microsoft rewards which said it was for xbox. I went to see if I could use the money but realized that it was in Microsoft account and...
  5. Does anyone know how to fix this? (0x87dd001a)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does anyone know how to fix this? (0x87dd001a): I cant load up anything or connect to xbox live. Everytime i try this error code comes up (0x87dd001a) Anyone got any solutions 667671f2-992d-483f-87aa-5f2fc507a9da
  6. Does anyone know if Microsoft has been looking into fixing the audio delay with dolby atmos...

in XBoX on Windows
    Does anyone know if Microsoft has been looking into fixing the audio delay with dolby atmos...: https://www.purexbox.com/news/2023/08/digital-foundry-highlights-dolby-atmos-issues-on-xbox-playground-games-engineer-responds Just curious if anyone knows whether this has actually been looked...
  7. When I try to open any xbox website it does not load for me. Does anyone have any idea

in XBoX on Consoles
    When I try to open any xbox website it does not load for me. Does anyone have any idea: My internet is okay because I did a test along with I opened other apps. I have had the xbox customer support open for over an hour and hasnt loaded on my pc. Any ideas?...
  8. Xbox problems reported but does anyone listen

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox problems reported but does anyone listen: I have reported issues for the last several builds which only seems to fall on deaf ears. Is there anyway to see status of issues raised ? Even went as far as trying to communicate with someone...
  9. My xbox keeps disconecting me from virgin media does anyone know how to fix this

in XBoX Accessibility
    My xbox keeps disconecting me from virgin media does anyone know how to fix this: My xbox series x keeps disconecting me from virgin media and multi player does anyone know how to fix this issue. 7339beda-3336-43b2-9fc1-d30f4714b04b
  10. Does anyone have a solution to error code 0x8b100042

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does anyone have a solution to error code 0x8b100042: I keep getting error code 0x8b100042 when trying to open Football Manager 2023 console on Xbox one. 6129a161-1fad-48d8-849d-fed14ffc0dec