Does anyone else have lag issues after doing game streaming through the Xbox app?

Discus and support Does anyone else have lag issues after doing game streaming through the Xbox app? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I've started using the Xbox app for game streaming because that feature no longer works in the Xbox Console Companion app (which I prefer). After I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Jacob Corman, Feb 21, 2023.

1. Jacob Corman
    Jacob Corman Guest

Does anyone else have lag issues after doing game streaming through the Xbox app?

I've started using the Xbox app for game streaming because that feature no longer works in the Xbox Console Companion app (which I prefer). After I exit game streaming, I've noticed that the game becomes very laggy. In Forza Horizon 5, it's so bad that the game will run for a few frames, and then automatically open the pause menu, and then repeat that process endlessly. I am using an original Xbox One which I got in 2016, so I am assuming that is part of the problem. I am seriously considering upgrading to the Xbox Series X to play the latest games and not worry about loading times or lag issues.

Can anyone explain what my problem is? Is it just that I am using an older console that can't handle this type of use as well as newer consoles? Is it something to do with the Xbox app? I never had any issues like this with the Console Companion, which is why I was disappointed that that stopped working for game streaming. Will upgrading to the Series X alleviate these problems so that I don't have any lag issues after exiting game streaming? Also, does FH5 crash shortly after starting on the Series X? I've been having this issue for months on my Xbox One, and it is very annoying.

I would like to see what you have to say about these issues and if you have any information that will help me solve them.

:)

Jacob Corman, Feb 21, 2023
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Jacob, streaming between your console and PC depends only on the equipment and your internal network, the original Xbox can cause something because of slower processing, but the ideal at these times is that your console and PC are connected to the network via cable network for a more stable and interference-free connection.

The type of network cable can also help, ideally Category 6 and up.
  3. Wildo88 Win User

HboNow app buffers horribly

Does anyone else get errors within the App where it stops streaming as well? The error message says something about my internet connection, yet the stream can be restarted fine most of the time.

FWIW, I do not get this issue in Netflix, Hulu, or Amazon Prime.
  4. neonracer01 Win User

Is anyone else having issues with lag?

same here a couple of minor issues but nothing major and i only play at night
  5. Afsos 1 Win User

Clean gaming so far. I've had one spike in Checkout I think but it got cleared up in a second or two.
  6. H0rr0r Sc0pe Win User

Not bullet lag like the past 2 games but I've noticed enemies sponging my bullets quite badly at points. Also, when I move about in cover I frequently end up teleporting back to where I moved from.
Thema:

1. Does anyone else have lag issues after doing game streaming through the Xbox app? - Similar Threads - Does anyone else

2. Does anyone know if there is an adapter for this cable to windows 10 via usb

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does anyone know if there is an adapter for this cable to windows 10 via usb: This cable is for my logitech steering wheel e4773a0a-cfb8-43d9-b85f-581b9e190360
  3. Hi, does anyone else notice any issues with their graphics in game?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hi, does anyone else notice any issues with their graphics in game?: I'm noticing issues mainly in Forza and call of duty. It almost looks like I have a terrible connection and the details of the map don't want to render completely, it's like playing on below 720p...
  4. Does anyone else experience a weird "clicking" sound when playing Xbox 360 games while on...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does anyone else experience a weird "clicking" sound when playing Xbox 360 games while on...: Hey, i have been experiencing an odd clicking/crackling sound on my new Xbox Series X. games include Fallout New Vegas and Far Cry 2. The sound seems to stop if i switch to mono, but I'd like to...
  5. Does anyone else have an extremely hard time trying to get customer support from Xbox..

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Does anyone else have an extremely hard time trying to get customer support from Xbox..: Does anyone else have an extremely hard time trying to get customer support from Xbox. It’s like I’m trying to communicate with a brick wall when I try too. Not only that but I’ve reported this...
  6. Does anyone else have issues with pga 2k23 randomly pausing whilst playing friends online ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does anyone else have issues with pga 2k23 randomly pausing whilst playing friends online ?: When my friend and I play pga 2k23 online against each other the game randomly pauses ,we have both factory reset console and reinstalled game but the same fault happens...any ideas how to fix...
  7. Does anyone else get disconnected from the calls with customer service?

in XBoX on Windows
    Does anyone else get disconnected from the calls with customer service?: Here is what is happening and usually happens almost every time I contact Xbox customer service about a hardware problem or really any issue I have with my Xbox. They tell me, almost everytime,...
  8. Does anyone else understand why I’ve received a communication ban on the 18th and then a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does anyone else understand why I’ve received a communication ban on the 18th and then a...: being allowed to play for the whole day till it was permanently banned at night and with it being the 4th day serving this ban I’ve had nothing so much as an email to explain why I have Been...
  9. Does anyone else have problems with fortnite after the update on Xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does anyone else have problems with fortnite after the update on Xbox: I am in the alpha skip ahead and that I get the error code after the last update when you start fortnite up , I was wondering if anyone else was having the same problem As me...
  10. Does anyone else have a issue with the Newsmax app not working?

in XBoX on Windows
    Does anyone else have a issue with the Newsmax app not working?: Is anyone else having an issue with their Newsmax app not working? ae9e271e-be0f-4145-b409-8d33e315e61b